The online racing simulator
Abusive players report
(19 posts, started )
#1 - majod
Abusive players report
Hi, I've registered just yesterday, I'm planning to buy a S2 licence, so I tried to play demo online. But, unfortunately, I met two very bad guys The problem is, that I wasn't able to find any way how to report them, so I have to do it here...

Screenshots are included as attachments, I hope you will understand.

I played yesterday (1.1.2009) at 20:30 CET (GMT+01).
Their nicknames were "Uncle Adolf" and "Gestapo-Fahrer", demo server name "FFR Demo server".

I hope that helps, thanks.
Attached images
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
Welcome

Firstly, static pictures aren't proof. Without an MPR it's naming and shaming, which has no place on these forums. Secondly, there isn't much that can be done to stop demo wreckers and abusers because they can create a new account for free when banned. IP banning is impractical because of shared and dynamic IPs.

In demo, your best bet is to stick to servers where there are admins around, or get to know a few people so you can admin their servers when you happen to be on. The other solution is a license, because banning actually means something
#3 - majod
Hi,

Thanks for explanation
if you could provide Victor with the skinnames, he could see who's uploaded them. That will probably get that part of the game removed for someone. Good job
I met Jumbo and Will abbot i belive the names were, on a SWE drift server, they somehow got a problem with me pushing them off the track cause they were getting in the way of my drifting, so they decided to crash me, but they utterly failed as i have my ninja skills :P
Quote from CasseBent :if you could provide Victor with the skinnames, he could see who's uploaded them. That will probably get that part of the game removed for someone. Good job

Or you can just copy a skin you downloaded in skins_x into skins and use that!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Or you can just copy a skin you downloaded in skins_x into skins and use that!

You honestly think that's what he did?
Hello,

When you want to identify someone inside LFS, you need to have a look at their LFS username, rather than their playername. The playername I cannot do anything with, but the username I can lookup.
Inside LFS you can see usernamesas opposed to playernames when you press ctrl-shift.
But as was mentioned before, just reporting a bad user is pointless here and actually will usually get your report removed. We need evidence, and that normally comes in the shape of a replay.

As for reporting skins, if you know the filename of a skin, then I can look it up and remove the skin if necessary, as well as deny the uploader further use of the skins upload page.

Well laid out reports I will work with, but reports that only show me some names will usually go ignored.
Quote from majod :Their nicknames were "Uncle Adolf"

He's now joined the nKPro demo servers as well
Quote from The Moose :He's now joined the nKPro demo servers as well

got a look at their lfs names?
Quote from MijnWraak :got a look at their lfs names?

nKpro is a different game not just another lfs server ^^
Quote from JazzOn :nKpro is a different game not just another lfs server ^^

sounded like lfs server I thought something sounded suspicious with nKpro
Quote from CasseBent :You honestly think that's what he did?

Yes, actually. I do.

It's what I do for most of the low-res skins I can't find on the net. Most of them I download from the skins section here, but otherwise I just copy them from skins_x (so long as I have permission)
Quote from Victor :Hello,

When you want to identify someone inside LFS, you need to have a look at their LFS username, rather than their playername. The playername I cannot do anything with, but the username I can lookup.
Inside LFS you can see usernamesas opposed to playernames when you press ctrl-shift.
But as was mentioned before, just reporting a bad user is pointless here and actually will usually get your report removed. We need evidence, and that normally comes in the shape of a replay.

As for reporting skins, if you know the filename of a skin, then I can look it up and remove the skin if necessary, as well as deny the uploader further use of the skins upload page.

Well laid out reports I will work with, but reports that only show me some names will usually go ignored.

Hello,

thank you for your help. Now I'm playing only on S2 servers, so I hope that licensed players are much more polite while online.

*edit: no, their not
actually they are. I doubt a lot of them are driving around with nazi names and skins
Quote from majod :Hello,

thank you for your help. Now I'm playing only on S2 servers, so I hope that licensed players are much more polite while online.

Tbh, I find the majority of users to be pretty nice. If you are having constant problems, the only reason why, that I can think of, is that you are also part of the problem.
Quote from majod :Hello,

You'll always have some people that aren't very nice. You just have to find some good servers with good people on to race with.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh, I find the majority of users to be pretty nice. If you are having constant problems, the only reason why, that I can think of, is that you are also part of the problem.

Sorry, I should re-edit that. I didn't mean ALL S2 players most of them behave really nice, much much better than those in demo. But I was expecting that I wouldn't find arrogant drivers like in demo. But it's not big issue, I'll get used to.

and, actually, I found myself sometimes to let pass some drivers over me even if I don't have to
oh arrogance I think you'll find at every turn.

Abusive players report
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG