The online racing simulator
Eurovision
(39 posts, started )
Eurovision
What's the point of the Eurovision song contest when the ruskies turn off the gas anyway?
What's the point of the Eurovision Song Contest when 80% of the countries have decided who they're going to vote for before they've heard the songs?

EDIT: And treat it as a huge unspeakable political slur if they don't get voted for by a particular country, as opposed to a bit of silly camp fun?
What's the point of the Eurovision Song Contest?
#4 - Bean0
Ah, but the Russians have only stopped supplying the Ukraine.
The Ukraine are stealing the gas that they should just be transporting to the rest of Europe.

This is all dependant on which news stories you read of course.
I always thought it was to point and laugh at all the other countries singing silly songs, in silly costumes, in funny languages
#6 - CSF
Quote from Bean0 :Ah, but the Russians have only stopped supplying the Ukraine.
The Ukraine are stealing the gas that they should just be transporting to the rest of Europe.

This is all dependant on which news stories you read of course.

Well, they've stopped delivering Ukraine which means any gas that went trough there to eastern Europe countries is not going there. Russia is always Russia, and I wouldn't be surprised if the gas stealing accusations were made up or if they paid someone to "steal" some gas. I remember them having this problem few years ago at the same time of the year, or was it last year? It just happens to be a great way pressuring EU to give green light for the new gas pipe trough the Baltic sea, which would be more profitable for Gazprom.

All in all, the new Soviet Russia is once again showing off their powers, and has central Europe on it's knees.
Quote from danowat :I always thought it was to point and laugh at all the other countries singing silly songs, in silly costumes, in funny languages

what like when the french did that song that involved singing in pink suits with fluffy cats sewn to them.

i think france actual went to a lunatic asylum to get those people

the only reason to what the eurovison song contest is to look at laugh at people in groups with stupid names in stupid cloths singing stupid songs.

it is the worlds biggest mental exibition
I liked Lordi. I have 3 of their albums now. And I have ABBA Gold.

I just dont see the point of enduring a whole evening of all that pain and anguish just to hear 1 good band every decade or two.
The only good thing above Eurovision is Terry Wogan.
I like how the UK goes in directly to the final but then no-one votes for us

I pretty much just watch it for the bad comedy. That's what we enter for right?
Quote from boothy :The only good thing above Eurovision is Terry Wogan.

And he's not doing it any more.
Quote from CSF :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A0D0ZxjpbkM

Like that?

As used in a Renault commercial

Quote from Becky Rose :I liked Lordi. I have 3 of their albums now. And I have ABBA Gold.

I just dont see the point of enduring a whole evening of all that pain and anguish just to hear 1 good band every decade or two.

They are good but that's not the point of Eurovision. The point is the camp and silly nonsense - it's evolved in to putting Europe's finest eejits and wierdist songwriters together.

Graham Norton doing the commentary could work. Paddy O'Connell did a reasonable job of the semi-finals last year though.
We can't lose now that Lord Lloyd Webber is doing the song. Oh apart from the fact that all the guys on yet another stupid talent show that they're doing to pick the people have an IQ of -7.
Quote from Crashgate3 :What's the point of the Eurovision Song Contest when 80% of the countries have decided who they're going to vote for before they've heard the songs?

EDIT: And treat it as a huge unspeakable political slur if they don't get voted for by a particular country, as opposed to a bit of silly camp fun?

My sentiments exactly.
Quote :and wierdist songwriters together.

HEY! My mum's cuz wrote a Eurovision song for us a few years back that's family your dissing.

Oh wait, he actually said "This is the worst song I ever wrote, I dont want it on Eurovision, I dont want it getting released publicly at sall, I cant believe they want this song i've so many others, I want to throw it away, do I really have to go and be humiliated in public?"

I'll let that comment slide this time, but remember that song writers have taste too - they just have to turn it off when they write for Eurovision.

Britain will lose because we're international bad boys atm, it doesnt really matter what Lloyd-Webber puts out.
I used a Eurovision song in my This is S2 video from a few years back (2005?). It was Vanilla Ninja, Cool Vibes. Not a classic, but I quite liked it at the time. Until I listening to it a million times whilst making the video. Which, having seen lots more LFS videos, was pretty poor!
All these people in the Eurovision contest (from Britain), that I've never heard of.

We have some good musical talent, as much as it pains me to say it.. Leona Lewis, that Alexandra Burke (<-- LOL), IIRC Blue (the band) were British, the list goes on.

Yet we enter some fat midlander instead. It's beyond logic.
Quote from Gentlefoot :What's the point of the Eurovision song contest when the ruskies turn off the gas anyway?

In Soviet Russia, Gas turns off you! Or was it in nazi Germany? Meh...
Quote from Becky Rose :I liked Lordi.

Quote from Uximura :

As did I. They looked.. well... like a complete bunch of loonatics, but compared to most of the crap you get in Eurovision, their music was quite good.
I only watch it for Latvia. Those gay pirates they had last year were brilliant.
Hmm. Its not useless. My Godfather's son wrote a song wich made it to the finals. Gave him alot of publicity.
Quote from Gentlefoot :What's the point of the Eurovision song contest when the ruskies turn off the gas anyway?

You feeling cold?
Quote from Vinnylegends :Hmm. Its not useless. My Godfather's son wrote a song wich made it to the finals. Gave him alot of publicity.

One of my girlfriend's lecturers wrote a song that got into the finals too, and it got him a lot of publicity.

Eurovision
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG