The online racing simulator
LFS GTR Skill League - Showdown Race
Section 1 of the LFS GTR Skill League is over and the top 46 are invited to race in a 4 race showdown meeting

If your name is on this page

http://conedodgers.com/conedod ... com_wrapper&Itemid=48

You are invited to take part in a race meeting to find out who is our champion

The date is Wednesday 21st January 2009 on CD2

18:00 UTC, Qualify for 1 hour - top 32 who are present will race.
19:00 UTC, Race 1

Race 2, 3 and 4 will follow with a gap of 5 mins.

Each 6 laps with a pit on AS3 and GTR,

There will be 10 points for first, 8 for second, 6 for third, then 4, 3, 2 and 1

There is also 2 points for fastest lap in each race.

Only 32 will race but there are 46 on the list as there is no doubt several who will not make it.

To take part you must post both your username and LFS Nickname here

http://www.conedodgers.com/for ... pic=678.msg13964#msg13964

Best of Luck
#2 - kai0r
only 6 lap races, with 1 HOUR qualifying ? hum can't u make it 6 lap qualyfiing with one hour race would be much more exciting imo. I also hoped to get a longer race '(at least one hour WITHOUT pit) against all the guys who think that they can race on r2's :P.
Quote from kai0r :only 6 lap races, with 1 HOUR qualifying ? hum can't u make it 6 lap qualyfiing with one hour race would be much more exciting imo. I also hoped to get a longer race '(at least one hour WITHOUT pit) against all the guys who think that they can race on r2's :P.

The hour gives people something to do when they arrive, after all someone could arrive with 5 minutes to go and get the fastest time and the laps and track are the same as we use on CD1 as you are well aware,

Please note this forum post is to inform the 46 people who are invited not about what we are doing as that is fixed in stone and you need to add you name to confirm, if you dont want to come thats OK i can find someone else

#4 - kai0r
yeah i didn't really thought that u will change the racelength. Nearly everything (everything ? :P) what u say is written in stone. I just was really looking forward, to race all the guys i know from pickup racing in a proper race. Now i'm a bit disappointed, because i can have 6 lap races on as3 24/7 on CD1 . Till when do we have to decide if we show up or not ?
Quote from kai0r :yeah i didn't really thought that u will change the racelength. Nearly everything (everything ? :P) what u say is written in stone. I just was really looking forward, to race all the guys i know from pickup racing in a proper race. Now i'm a bit disappointed, because i can have 6 lap races on as3 24/7 on CD1 . Till when do we have to decide if we show up or not ?

You can decide up to the morning of the event if you want to turn up.

Why its written is stone is that i have to do it all the event stuff and doing it all on my own means the less changes the better.
Quote from birder :
The date is Wednesday 21st January 2008 on CD2

Just a random observation , should that not be 2009 ?
The password has been PM'ed on the Conedodgers forum to all who have put their names down.

Final places open until midnight tonight

Edit: Using LFSBuddy i have entered the list of those who can take part so no password in now needed, anyone not on the list will automatically be kicked while the showdown is on
#9 - G!NhO
AS3 :doh:
Results of the showdown race
1st [CD] Mysho
2nd [CD] Aceracer
3rd [CD] A-j
Most unlucky [CD] BreadC
The rest of them were Losers

Thanks for all who took part it was great fun

Next Skill League starts on CD1 on Feb 1st

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG