The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Mazink :since when does scawen does something quickly?

he probably does his wife ?

joke joke !!! dont ban me

well .... he typed some sort of code that does that some cars go faster than the others....

Quote from S14 DRIFT :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UF6wdrRAZug&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Want one of these

i would like to see some flames coming out of it

Quote from Belain :Rallypack will never come...it was once announced...but development on it has stopped.

that is an example of why the economycal crisis is so shocking... look .. we racers cant get a rally pack because of it !
you can download the test patches
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, more stuff that confirms the devs not THAT reliable. I too remember reading an interview saying there would be a rally pack. Darn it, they just HAD to cancel it.

It was the same interview that the Q'er asked if there was going to be a RB4 GTR, then one of the crew said 'you'll have to wait and see.' If only I could find the link... argh!

Yeah, I'll never forget them for canceling the rally pack
By rally they most likely mean rallycross, witch would be a great addition to LFS.
Quote from Flame CZE :Why do you post it in this thread? This thread is about postponed VWS, not about which car do you want.

Umm... not really... at least not anymore
Quote from The Very End :
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, more stuff that confirms the devs not THAT reliable. I too remember reading an interview saying there would be a rally pack. Darn it, they just HAD to cancel it.

It was the same interview that the Q'er asked if there was going to be a RB4 GTR, then one of the crew said 'you'll have to wait and see.' If only I could find the link... argh!

Yeah, I'll never forget them for canceling the rally pack
By rally they most likely mean rallycross, witch would be a great addition to LFS.

rally pack was planned to be done after S2 RELEASE.
It is not yet the time to think that it is cancelled!
Let them finish S2!
Having a manufacturer giving them the opportunity to include a real car in the game is not an unecessary loss of time!
Quote from Flotch :

But it is
Quote from Flame CZE :Why do you post it in this thread? This thread is about postponed VWS, not about which car do you want.

Because I can, and it's free. Besides, read the page before it and you'll see it's rather on-topic.
Quote from Flotch :rally pack was planned to be done after S2 RELEASE.
Let them finish S2!
Having a manufacturer giving them the opportunity to include a real car in the game is not an unecessary loss of time!

Didn't the dev's actually said they scratched the whole thing, since they did not have the time for doing it?
Not sure if we'll ever see it, but I keep hoping.
Rally pack would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Look at how few people actually rally and it would be a terrible waste of development time.
I don't rally because there are no rally stages. If there were long point-to-point gravel stages I'd definitely be driving them, especially if I had my wheel. If a rally pack would be included at some point, it would be great
Tbh, something doesn't feel right about how LFS handles off-road. Maybe it's just me, but it just feels...wrong, somehow.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Rally pack would be a waste of time in my opinion.

Look at how few people actually rally and it would be a terrible waste of development time.

Few people rally on lfs because there is no rally. It's rallycross. Not the same thing. If there was a proper rally pack that was really well done then I would be playing it non-stop. I think it would definitely attract loads of new players because I know that the Richard Burns Rally community is still going very strong but a lot of them are wanting something new after such a long time. No game has delivered a realistic rally sim close to RBR so I think creating a really good rally pack for LFS would be a good move.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh, something doesn't feel right about how LFS handles off-road. Maybe it's just me, but it just feels...wrong, somehow.

If you ever Play Richard bruns rally you know there is.
The gravel has not deph its pland the bumps are to soft and its just to flat.
Ther are absolutly no dips and holes and nor marks from driving in it it feels like sand on a conrete floor
I'll be honest, RBR > LFS.

I mean, if I wanted to rally, I'd play RBR. If I wanted to race around a hard track in tin-tops/open wheelers, I'd play LFS.

Yes Chrissuu I have RBR.
It feels like it's just the same flat road surface as tarmac and one just 'glides' over it with different sound and visual effects, imo. I'd still rally And tbh RBR's loose surface modeling isn't perfect either. I won't be satisfied until each grain of dirt is modeled at 10kHz
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If you ever Play Richard bruns rally you know there is.
The gravel has not deph its pland the bumps are to soft and its just to flat.
Ther are absolutly no dips and holes and nor marks from driving in it it feels like sand on a conrete floor

I agree with you there. Offroad feels too smooth and you don't feel so much the car biting in and finding grip like you do in real life and like richard burns rally replicates well.
waithing for the scirocco is like waiting for amragedon!!!!
Quote from chavm481 :waithing for the scirocco is like waiting for amragedon!!!!

when the scirocco will be released it will be

The day the Earth stood still
Quote from el pibe :when the scirocco will be released it will be

The day the Earth stood still

I wish you hadn't said that because that thing with red letters, was awful xD
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Rally pack would be a waste of time in my opinion.

rally pack => rallycross cars
currently we do not have a 500-600bhp 4WD car to do proper rallycross races , that is why rallycross is not so popular...
add to this the lifetime of the hybrid tyres when doing quick laps ....
Quote from Flotch :rally pack => rallycross cars
currently we do not have a 500-600bhp 4WD car to do proper rallycross races , that is why rallycross is not so popular...
add to this the lifetime of the hybrid tyres when doing quick laps ....

agreed, the main problem is the lack of proper rx-cars in lfs. we need a div 1 car.
Quote from Fetzo :agreed, the main problem is the lack of proper rx-cars in lfs. we need a div 1 car.

And buggies, quads , full dirt tracks and tracks with the kind of jump you find in motocross!

Sand race would be very cool too even if it might be quite hard to simulate correctly
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG