The online racing simulator
The Blackwood forest guru
(127 posts, started )
#76 - Vain
I think I hate that Blackwood Forest Guru guy. From the deepest of my heart. Forever.

Vain
If you get off the racing line the old blackwood guru knocks you off the track. So better waste a minute for braking and you wont get wasted in a minute by the guru

I mean look at the guru.. Damn, he's big!
Quote from DeeS :that's good point !!

That's good point? THAT'S GOOD POINT? U gotta b kidding me...
I think that's not the way.
Look at the name of the image of Blackwood in the "guru" page: "geniusloci".
And looking in the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius_loci

Quote :
Usage: "Light reveals the genius loci of a place."

Are you thinking the same as me?
I was, certainly now you posted what I was about to post while ravaging through all the previous posts giving me a headache.
I thought about fogs with variable visibility. And, judging by the things found by you guys, hope to see dynamic light changing.

Hope a real weather feature (like in online aviation networks) appears.
ultimate Theorie:

who needs a minute in blackwood??, right who needs it, if you can have 10, which leads to the picture on the site: think about the corner thats underneath the camera, and think of it as being opened and adding a new track segment. As it is blackwood forest it leads to a long roadlike track uphill and downhill..... yes sth like the green hell, wich takes you 8 mins to get around. so who needs ONE minute...

greets

torben
I reckon only this first part is valid, the rest is rubbish and to throw us onto the wrong path.

Look at the main site;
The old blackwood forest guru once said...

I rekon sometime tonight we will click on that and there will be a page saying happy easter people, heres the new patch (or words to that effect)

The idea is not to think too deeply into it. My guess is the answer is maybe right under our nose, but we just cannot find it because were in too deep

-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from seggons :I reckon only this first part is valid, the rest is rubbish and to throw us onto the wrong path.

Look at the main site;

I rekon sometime tonight we will click on that and there will be a page saying happy easter people, heres the new patch (or words to that effect)

The idea is not to think too deeply into it. My guess is the answer is maybe right under our nose, but we just cannot find it because were in too deep

The patch probably won't come out of the blue or be difficult to spot, because it's incompatible with the current version. It's no good having some ppl update and the rest left wondering why they can't race. Ideally I'd imagine the devs would want maximum spread for the patch as soon as it's out, making sure everyone knows it's out. These easter egg links/pages sound very unrealistic

Nonetheless it's fun picking the pages and images to bits..
New record at LFSWorld: People using LFS websites: (Now: 469 / Record: 711)

Yiiihhaaaa
lol, thats amazing, this patch has got us absolutely bonkers!! If i had a digi camera i would have a pretty craz avatar as well. Anyways, me and torben were dreaming on Ventrilo: Who needs ONE minute, so, like he said, a Nordschleife but in Blackwood with a new prototype endurance car, dynamic light changing AND WEATHER!!!!

cheers,

RaCeR

P.S. honestly, i agree with those that say we're thinking WAAAY to hard and either its a simple answer, or they're screwing with us!! Patch will be out soon, so lets be patient, i think that is part of it too
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Maybe they'll be colder weather (ie. the fog)?

When it's colder the air is denser and therefore you do get a large increase in power. With the long straight at Blackwood 10 bhp more would make a large difference to lap times and could mean laptimes under a minute.
Quote from ajp71 :Maybe they'll be colder weather (ie. the fog)?

When it's colder the air is denser and therefore you do get a large increase in power. With the long straight at Blackwood 10 bhp more would make a large difference to lap times and could mean laptimes under a minute.

it would turn down the grip tyres produce too
so you may be faster on straights but more caution would be needed during cornering.
i do not think that they put a new single Car in, if there is a new, it should be quite equal to the FV8. so i guess it will be a group c proto or somewhat like that.
maybe a pimped Ultima GTR could handle the Speed of the FV8

we will c

AlexX!!
#90 - Vain
@Pimped up GTRs:
The XRG is already turbocharged from 140hp to 490 hp in the XRR. If you charge it up even more it's going to burst into flames 5 seconds after launching!

Vain
The devs were teaching us a lesson

Easter is the most important religious holiday of the Christian liturgical year, so most people don‘t have to work on Easter Day. It is sunday anyway. Should we really expect the devs to work rather than celebrating Easter?

The Blackwood Guru is a wise man. Unfortunately people usually don‘t understand what wise men say, the Blackwood Guru is no difference.

"better waste a minute in life [by pressing F5 and waiting for the release of the patch], than life in a minute"
"but who [really] needs a minute [of driving] in blackwood [on Easter Day at all]?" [ -> nobody !]

Unfortunately the Guru is a Blackwood Guru only, so he did not talk about other tracks besides blackwood. Otherwise his words probably would have been clearer.

So the message is:
There are more important things in life than a patch/update for an already excellent product.
I think the Blackwood Guru is just saying: better wait some more for a patch then get an unfinished patch.

But it seemed to had an upside down effect..
ehhhhh,It is too hard to someone whoes mother-languge was not English....I cant understand what it said at all.
I hope this helps a bit:

You should better lose one minute in your life, than do something stupid and lose your whole life in one minute (like crashing your car due to speeding).
Quote from ORION :I hope this helps a bit:

You should better lose one minute in your life, than do something stupid and lose your whole life in one minute (like crashing your car due to speeding).

So... are you saying the surprise feature is Speed Cameras ???

Quote from CharlieP :So... are you saying the surprise feature is Speed Cameras ???

lool! I certainly dont hope so
Quote from CharlieP :So... are you saying the surprise feature is Speed Cameras ???

No, that'd be "better waste a minute in life, than lose your license in one minute"
lol speeding in the pitlane now loses your s2 license!
#99 - neRu
Cant wait!

The "But who needs a minute in blackwood" really gets me excited!
Quote from marsaz :it would turn down the grip tyres produce too
so you may be faster on straights but more caution would be needed during cornering.

But you'll still have no problem getting a set of R2 upto temperature, they'll just need longer to get up to temperature. IRL cold weather produces faster laptimes.

The Blackwood forest guru
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG