The online racing simulator
I'd happily pay $100 for S3 if that was the price. My reason is that, after so many years of playing S2 for the one-time payment of 24 pounds, I feel like the devs deserve more for such a great game that's provided me with so many years of fun. That's why I would happily pay them any price for S3, because I know it will be just as much fun as S2, if not more fun, for many more years to come.
Well if some of you want to pay <$100/£100 for a theoretical S3 then sure, go ahead.

We can only assume that S3 will bring to S2 what S2 bought to S1... if you follow my trail.

Assuming the current trend of £12 per stage, it's pretty reasonable for a 3 man team, that has quite slow updates (tbh.).

Say that S3 is released for $100/£100. Who the fudge would pay that outside of the die-hard LFS userbase? NO-ONE!

£36 is probably just about as high as LFS will get before people start to say "Hang on a minute, is this worth it?"

If LFS went above the price of most console/major PC games (£39.99) I'd seriously reconsider buying any additional licences.

I'd guess that buying S3 outright would cost about £30 (being reasonable for newcomers) and it would cost the standard £12 to current users. Which is fair enough imo.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd be more than happy to pay a price similar to the retail cost of most other new games (assuming that the release of S3 Final is pretty much the end of major development, at least to the physics, sounds and graphics etc). So that would be around £30. I've already got about £1000 worth of enjoyment out of LFS, so that would be a relative snip.

But then there is the issue of the price of a brand new LFS licence to S3 level - should that be £24 + £30 (which would be quite steep compared to most other titles, but works for things like X-Plane and MSFS), or should it be discounted to a 'mere' £40; in which case I can see some people complain that they should have waited or got more of a discount...

Regardless of the route, some people will probably think it's too expensive, whilst others will think they've been 'had'. So a new forum section may need to be opened: "LFS Pricing Rants" section

What he said^

I'd pay anything to a point which doesn't make the S3 license prohibitively (or off-puttingly) expensive to new players.

(An additional) £12 will seem like a steal if it offers anything close to what a lot of us hope it will. It's not easy for the devs to make sure they make as much as possible from it.
You have to keep in mind that the 12 pounds per stage idea was thought of almost 10 years ago by the devs. Times have changed though. Inflation and the current economic instability will definitely raise that price by the time S3 comes out. So be prepared to pay around 20 or 30 pounds for S3.
Like I said, that's fine. Anything more than £30 will be quite a piss-take and I think £20 would be fine as an upgrade from S2. £30-£35 seems reasonable to a newcomer.
isn't it too early for that kind of discussion?
who knows, maybe we'll be paying with coconuts when s3 comes out
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Like I said, that's fine. Anything more than £30 will be quite a piss-take and I think £20 would be fine as an upgrade from S2. £30-£35 seems reasonable to a newcomer.

S2 which costs £12+£12 = £24
So would newbies get a discount so they pay £30-35?
I was talking about if S3 wasn't an additional £12 on top of LFS. Say it's £20, then £30-£35 for S3 on it's own seems fair. If you understand xD
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :My reason is that, after so many years of playing S2 for the one-time payment of 24 pounds, I feel like the devs deserve more for such a great game that's provided me with so many years of fun.

Understandable, though one wishing to contribute further to the economical welfare of the developers, has some choices besides the obvious additional licenses: there's credit to be used for high res skins, SMS notifications, etc and also the merchandise sold at LFSShop.
You could also buy licenses for friends who just use the demo, or buy licences for people you know on the forum who would like them but don't have them....
i'd pay whatever they ask,up to 150$ but maybe more too,i love this game
-
(XTREMEPOWER) DELETED by the_angry_angel
It s quite pointless to valuate something we know nothing about.

If the content was to disapoint me I might not even spend 1£ for it.
At a grand total of TWO posts I say we have a nomination for Best New Forum User 2009
Even if it was 200-300 euros I still would buy it. This and GTA 4 are the only games I have on my pc.
Quote from NightShift :At a grand total of TWO posts I say we have a nomination for Best New Forum User 2009

i agree, that comment was great
BAHAHHA that was the funniest first posts i have ever seen

OT: i never paid for S2, so im due to pony up the money when S3 comes out, ill go up to 60 bucks USD (even tho economy is teh shitz
#43 - Gunn
Quote from XTREMEPOWER :You are not a dreamer.You are a great masturbator,masturbating your meaningless dreams.

And you are a new member behaving rudely, and taking a few days off from the forum.
Quote from Gunn :And you are a new member behaving rudely, and taking a few days off from the forum.

Heh, taking a break is a new one
Why do people make these speculation threads on ANYTHING to do with "S3". Just end it. Please.
Maybe they're trying to lure the devs into rushing in S3 with the promise of more money?
But I'm sure if the devs came out and said

"Ok we've been working on S3 and it's in a playable state, £100 please", no-one (or very few, at least) would buy it.
Considering how most players seem to spend or have spent a lot of time in the demo, I can't really disagree with you.

That, and I don't really think the devs could be tricked in such a childish way anyway
you shouldn't be worried about the price but about the date of the release

I say something around 2013
lulz thats really far away

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG