The online racing simulator
How much would a copy of S3 be worth for You?
Hi Racers!

I have a dream.

I see myselft paying some 69,95 Euros or so for a Copy of LFS S3.

Maybe I´m a Dreamer, but I´m not the only one...

How much would YOU be ready to pay for

Your favorite online racing sim?

Greetings, Dandy
I'd be happy to pay a extra £12 for S3. (£36 in total.)
If it hit stores 700 DKK, or 70€
i would pay 25 dollars, or 50 dollars if i didn't have the S2
Quote from Dandy Dust :Hi Racers!

I have a dream.

I see myselft paying some 69,95 Euros or so for a Copy of LFS S3.

Maybe I´m a Dreamer, but I´m not the only one...

How much would YOU be ready to pay for

Your favorite online racing sim?

Greetings, Dandy

Nope it's not a dream, It's an obsession . To be honest, I cannot myself see the price of the simulator going up £12 each time. If the sim was not to improve, it would after a while phase out and become unpopular, so the sim needs regular updates etc to keep at the top amongst the other sims. The reason why I cannot see it go up £12 a time is because for example in the future (Hopefully) if S5 was to come out this would result in 12 x 5 making a total of £60 for a new buyer, this would make other realistic games far cheaper which would attract gamers to another game. On the other hand I think it may go up £12 for registered s2 licence ppl .

What do you LFS's think?
Quote from dmwright :Nope it's not a dream, It's an obsession . To be honest, I cannot myself see the price of the simulator going up £12 each time. If the sim was not to improve, it would after a while phase out and become unpopular, so the sim needs regular updates etc to keep at the top amongst the other sims. The reason why I cannot see it go up £12 a time is because for example in the future (Hopefully) if S5 was to come out this would result in 12 x 5 making a total of £60 for a new buyer, this would make other realistic games far cheaper which would attract gamers to another game. On the other hand I think it may go up £12 for registered s2 licence ppl .

What do you LFS's think?

The game 's not supposed to go further than S3. (if it even goes there)

If there's anything beyond S3 it would probably be a new game!
I would be happy if it was an extra £24 for S3. That way it would still be the same as a full price game and would also hopefully be enough for the Devs to continue to work on it. If it was only £12, then what with inflation etc... I cannot see how the devs could work on it for more than a year at most....
Its a hard thing to decide on, but I've been drooling over what could be in S3 and would be very willing to pay whatever they ask for it.

Some things are just worth too much to put a price on
I'll tell you when we get there
The game will NOT go to S4 or S5.
I am willing to pay at least 12 pounds or more for another stage upgrade.
I'd pay nothing because I'm a tight bastard

I kid, I kid
Considering how much time and money i've already put into LFS, spending a little more on S3 would be like a drop in the ocean. So depending on just how much extra content S3 delivers, i'd be willing to pay anything up to £100 to step up from S2 to S3.
Obviously it would be nice if it were £12, but i'd pay more no probs.
I'll pay £12.
People in Euroland could well pay less, due to the crap performance of the GBP vs the Euro.

I think now is the cheapest time ever for Euroland people to buy LFS.
Quote from dmwright :I think the dev's make that decission

They already said somewhere that it was a 3 stages game!
I could pay 70 euros for it no doubt.
But worth for me perhaps 20 euros
£12, suprisingly. Maybe £24 if it's awesomely better than S2, but if it's just the same as S1>S2, but with more up to date technology, I'll think twice about it if it's more than £12...
As far as I can tell, S3 is supposed to cost 12£, so I would be a little "" if more was asked. In the end I guess it all depends on what's going to be in it.
Quote from GFresh :Considering how much time and money i've already put into LFS, spending a little more on S3 would be like a drop in the ocean. So depending on just how much extra content S3 delivers, i'd be willing to pay anything up to £100 to step up from S2 to S3.
Obviously it would be nice if it were £12, but i'd pay more no probs.

Same here.
I'd be more than happy to pay a price similar to the retail cost of most other new games (assuming that the release of S3 Final is pretty much the end of major development, at least to the physics, sounds and graphics etc). So that would be around £30. I've already got about £1000 worth of enjoyment out of LFS, so that would be a relative snip.

But then there is the issue of the price of a brand new LFS licence to S3 level - should that be £24 + £30 (which would be quite steep compared to most other titles, but works for things like X-Plane and MSFS), or should it be discounted to a 'mere' £40; in which case I can see some people complain that they should have waited or got more of a discount...

Regardless of the route, some people will probably think it's too expensive, whilst others will think they've been 'had'. So a new forum section may need to be opened: "LFS Pricing Rants" section
If I were Angelina Jolie, I would offer my body to the developers until the end of time for playing. LFS is one of the greatest things I had installed in my computer (along with Mines). Unfortunately, according to my current status, as a poor student I must say, that I'm glad for current license prices. +£12 would be OK, but there's a possibility, that after releasing S3, S1 will not be for sale anymore, ins't it?
i will say , 39,95 for a s2 licance and 59,95 for a new guy
#23 - TG44
to me it depends all on what there is in S3... no one knows.. maybe it'll not be all that special

so atm i feel like paying the additional 12£
If there were a few more cars and tracks, I'd happily pay another 12 pounds. If it was a big update with physics and gameplay changes as well as extra vehicles and tracks I'd pay more than 12 pounds. But typically the gameplay and physics and graphics changes are all included in the base, and then you just pay for the extra content. So if the same thing occurs for S3, then we will get the most up to date physics and graphics etc regardless of whether we purchase the extra car/track content of S3. I guess we'll have to see how the devs handle this...
Quote from TG44 :to me it depends all on what there is in S3... no one knows.. maybe it'll not be all that special

so atm i feel like paying the additional 12£

Same If there is alot of new things, maybe i would pay
a double/trible price, 24-36£. Lets see when/if its gonna come.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG