The online racing simulator
after doing some laps at as cadet with some ai i think they can learn a bit. at least after 80+ rounds training and race...

now i got a big bowl of ice cream and a f5 repeater, hoping the weekend gets better and better with the patch or a video teaser...

peace mo
Quote from Hyperactive :But I can guess. For example those gui improvements. Most of it is copy/paste or renaming some of the stuff. Currently there are things like turning off the turning off of the "..." which is just confusing

It's like at work. We are at meeting and two bosses are there also. They say:
Boss#1: "OK we need to do this."
Boss#2: "PLAYLIFE will handle it."
Boss#1: "How much do you think it will take?"
Boss#2: "It's no biggie. Just some 30 min"
Boss#1: "It's settled then"

What PLAYLIFE is thinking (oh my god, first I gotta do this then that. Then I got to check all those thing, consult with one guy, make sure, test, analyse from that perspective, then polish it... And if I spend more than 30 min then they will get curious as to what exactly am I doing)

Hyperactive !! Things are not always as simple as they seem...illepall U just see the finnished product and think, oh... that musta been easy.
Quote from PLAYLIFE :It's like at work. We are at meeting and two bosses are there also. They say:
Boss#1: "OK we need to do this."
Boss#2: "PLAYLIFE will handle it."
Boss#1: "How much do you think it will take?"
Boss#2: "It's no biggie. Just some 30 min"
Boss#1: "It's settled then"

What exactly could those bosses have been talking about? Any ideas?
Quote from biggie :

What exactly could those bosses have been talking about? Any ideas?

OK... what are the chances:twirl:
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Hyperactive !! Things are not always as simple as they seem...illepall U just see the finnished product and think, oh... that musta been easy.

If you have your mind set to do something and have made good plans on how to make it done, it is a five minute job. The gui example is all about renaming stuff, and moving it into a slightly different place on the file. And cheching that it works.

It's not like you need days to change one character in some place
Quote from Hyperactive :If you have your mind set to do something and have made good plans on how to make it done, it is a five minute job. The gui example is all about renaming stuff, and moving it into a slightly different place on the file. And cheching that it works.

It's not like you need days to change one character in some place

lol, dude...

If u have made good plans? To make good plans u need time. And what about the translations... Someone needs to organise the translation for all those new things and then compile them... 5 min job? You really can't think realistically...

I interect with a lot of people every day. Some you can't reach, some are busy, some misunderstand what they need to do... It's not just like snapping your fingers...
Tristancliffe just brought it to my attention over MSN that you can set up an SMS alert on LFSW (if you are S2 licensed) upon patch release. Also, S2 licensed racers have 2 free SMS's (if they haven't used them) so the feature may prove handy after all.
Defraging my computer hope the devs release the patch in the next 2 hours.
Quote from axus :Tristancliffe just brought it to my attention over MSN that you can set up an SMS alert on LFSW (if you are S2 licensed) upon patch release. Also, S2 licensed racers have 2 free SMS's (if they haven't used them) so the feature may prove handy after all.

Yeah, figured that out myself last week from SMS thread around here somewhere. Its going to be handy....but I guess I notice the patch sooner than my phone makes a sound if it isnt middle of a day in the week when Im not home...or Im sleeping

edit. person above made a 1337 post...sad :P
Quote from PLAYLIFE :lol, dude...

If u have made good plans? To make good plans u need time. And what about the translations... Someone needs to organise the translation for all those new things and then compile them... 5 min job? You really can't think realistically...

I interect with a lot of people every day. Some you can't reach, some are busy, some misunderstand what they need to do... It's not just like snapping your fingers...

lols to you too .

A good plan to make something simple (like the damn gui) doesn't take weeks like making plans for some major update (tires).

Of course I didn't mean that every one of the improvements I listed could be done in hours. But things like gui improvements or "to not be able to switch to other people's view while driving (to check tyre wear for example)" are nothing more than hour or more of work. You don't need to write new code for, just edit the one you already got. Like moving a sentence to a different place and check if it fits to its surroundings. If you have plans what to move and where it's not days lol.

Can't you admit that Scawen could make these 2 improvemnts in one day. I don't think he needs to have a 10 hour conference for it?

EDIT: after all it comes to what the devs think are important. A good gui and some small improvements are maybe less important than new tire textures.
there u got it...

my F5-key ist broken! I can't any more refresh lfs.net :cry:
No jokes?
Whats wrong with the current gui, it works very well. Unlike in nKp(oo)
Quote from St4Lk3R :there u got it...

my F5-key ist broken! I can't any more actualise lfs.net :cry:

Got to get a nice smooth and progressive motion gradually applying pressure til you feel it biting maybe a bad setup.

Your CTRL and R keys are broken too? damn.
BTW: what happend to Rappa_Z??? I almost miss him.
Quote from Blackout :Whats wrong with the current gui, it works very well. Unlike in nKp(oo)

I think maybe hes saying it looks arcadey and that (combined with other factors such as certain forum posters etc) creates this prejudice from racers of other sims that LFS is arcadey and full of noob ends.

Hmm, how about the browser refresh icon in the toolbar instead?

(Little hint: "aktualisieren" = "to refresh" or "to reload" )

Quote from Blackout :
edit. person above made a 1337 post...sad :P

Just to capture it for all eternity, I've attached a screenshot which serves as proof... actually YOU, Blackout, posted the 1337th reply
There's no way you can talk outta this now, you're definitely 1337!
Attached images
1337.png
Quote from ajp71 :I think maybe hes saying it looks arcadey and that (combined with other factors such as certain forum posters etc) creates this prejudice from racers of other sims that LFS is arcadey and full of noob ends.

It's not the looks. It's about the functionality

EDIT: I just searched through the gui looking for where to change my helmet skin and to change the language. Couldn't find neither of those.
@biggie: thx... had a little blackout in that moment

CTRL + R sounds like a good alternative
Quote from Hyperactive :It's not the looks. It's about the functionality

EDIT: I just searched through the gui looking for where to change my helmet skin and to change the language. Couldn't find neither of those.

Agreed, and the LFS interface is perfectly functional
Quote from axus :Tristancliffe just brought it to my attention over MSN that you can set up an SMS alert on LFSW (if you are S2 licensed) upon patch release. Also, S2 licensed racers have 2 free SMS's (if they haven't used them) so the feature may prove handy after all.

/me sets it up...
Cool! Im 1337...oh dam :P

And about the gui. Maybe Im just got used to it and dont know how it would be made better, but there was some good points in that thread you posted hyper. But those douple negative options havent been problem to me, maybe Im somehow twisted in my mind . And now when I think about it those options might be litle confucing to noobs. Dunno. Not high priority to me, and when you get the options right once you dont have to play with them again.

And back to "topic": the clock is over 16 LFS-time and there is no april teaser!
Cant wait!
This thread is closed

LFS.net has an update!!!
(2159 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG