The online racing simulator
is this engine a waste?
(69 posts, started )
Quote from george_tsiros :9l is small
you want the weineck cobra engine. 12.9L natural aspirated carburated 1000HP cobra.

and contrary to most others here, it looks like a car too

Pretty cool, and considering it's an American engine, around 80bhp per litre is pretty good going
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Pretty cool, and considering it's an American engine, around 80bhp per litre is pretty good going

It's a German engine.
OK NVM. :hide:

Just as I thought America did something right for once. THEY WENT AND LET ME DOWN.
Quote from scoobyrbac :Yeah the engine would be where you see the pipes coming down from. And yes that car is built for wheelie contests.

Actually I think that is the cuda Hurst used in the 60s to promote their new shifters. Don't think it ever saw a wheelie contest, just demonstrations at the strip.
Quote from G!NhO :yup the ultima GTR is amazing, it has a twin turbo V8

Not sure it's turboed. At least the ones I used to see at kit car shows weren't.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :ok. im posting a picture of the biggest car engine in production right now. it's Chevrolet's 572. it is a 9.5 liter, and you can get it in either 620 hp, or 750 hp. i think it's a waste because thats too much power, its probably very heavy, and why make your car have worse handling? also, this is random, but where is the engine in the gold cuda? that is the second attachment.

Makes a good door stop
Life is a waste sometimes.
Quote from SidiousX :Actually I think that is the cuda Hurst used in the 60s to promote their new shifters. Don't think it ever saw a wheelie contest, just demonstrations at the strip.

You're right. Not actually used for competition. It's a demonstration car. Not the first one of this car either. I think it started in 1965 going by some of the stuff I'm seeing with Google results.

As to the opening comments, is it a waste? If it is a waste, then you must call everything else a waste. Racing is a waste. Recreational off-roading is a waste. Dirt bikes are a waste. Boating is a waste. Pretty much anything and everything done for recreation or for spectating is a waste. If someone wants an overgrown 572 cu. in. motor for their car, then so be it.

Racing with LFS on a computer is a waste. Look at the amount of electricity is being used for a bunch of people to drive a bunch of pixels around on a display. Add to that all the other games and gaming systems and that's a lot of electricity being wasted.
Quote from mrodgers :As to the opening comments, is it a waste? If it is a waste, then you must call everything else a waste. Racing is a waste. Recreational off-roading is a waste. Dirt bikes are a waste. Boating is a waste.

So then having sex must be a waste too. Unless you are makin a babies.
"I drive pixels"

Thanks for the idea ;P
Quote from wheel4hummer :So then having sex must be a waste too. Unless you are makin a babies.

What limited natural resource is being used there?
#65 - 5haz
The engine is a waste as long as its not powering something.
Quote from Crashgate3 :How do 'W' engines work? I know they're like two 'V's but do they use two crankshafts side-by-side (as the name 'W' would imply) or are the 4 lines of cylinders arranged like a fan over a single crankshaft?(kind of like half a radial engine)?

Just more banks of cylinders around a common crankshaft. The W isn't at all accurate really, so ignore it. The fan idea is a better name - fan16. I like.

Quote from ACCAkut :the W-engines use only one single camshaft. Quotw from wikipedia:
A W16 engine is a sixteen cylinder piston internal combustion engine in a W configuration. All W16 engines consist of four banks of four cylinders (two juxtaposed V8 engine blocks), coupled to a single crankshaft.

So close! But you spoiled it by writing camshaft not crankshaft. I think the W16 (fan16) probably has 8 camshafts (as it's not american it will have two cams per cylinder in the cylinder head).
Ignore this. I just read Tristan's answer a bit more closely
Quote from Crashgate3 :Ignore this. I just read Tristan's answer a bit more closely

You can just delete your post, too, ya know Of course now you can't anymore because I've quoted you Well, you can still delete it but then my post would be silly
Quote from mrodgers :What limited natural resource is being used there?

Life. We're not immortal, you know!

is this engine a waste?
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG