The online racing simulator
Force feedback on g25
(20 posts, started )
Force feedback on g25
Hey guys. I got g25 for 2 days ago. Im quite happy ;p

But now i gonna learn to drift with ffb on.

But this is the question today :

How do i control the wheel ?

LIke. when i want to slide , i press the gass, and when i change direction, i realse and gas. but how can i get the car to go straight after that without spin around? And is there any tehnique to slide the car in the begining? sry for all my question.

good xmas =)
You got to steer against the slide.
If you slide to the left, steer against it
There is ALOT of tutorials on drifting here, just search my friend.
i know, but there is no guide or tutorial about FF with drifting.

and steer against it how? what did umean?
Look, if the car is sliding to the left, you simple take a nice firm grip of the steering wheel and just pull it to the right and counter steer.
Just read the damn tutorials >.<
"Sliding to the left" is a bit ambiguous. You could say having the rear wheels to the left of your path is sliding to the left. Or you could say having the car pointed to the left of your path (rear wheels to the right of the path) is sliding to the left.

Regardless, the technique required for correcting oversteer is very simple and should be fairly obvious if you sit down and think about it.
hmm, Is there any way that someone could help me ingame, and check my wheel turn, its vvery hard to explain. But i using FF on, and i cant control the car by some way;P thats why i ask
#7 - Byku
Post Your replay maybe ^^ and then describe what's goin on .
Quote from robind2 :hmm, Is there any way that someone could help me ingame, and check my wheel turn, its vvery hard to explain. But i using FF on, and i cant control the car by some way;P thats why i ask

Dont play with FF on then ...
If you cant help me tim, then dont post.

I ask people who using FF and can help me with this sort of problem.
Not read tutorial. Cuse the tutorial dosnt tell about how to handle the wheel with FF

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZ0ZVJQ9 here is the replay
You have to overcome the force of the FFB. Even though the wheel turns left, you have to grab it firmly and turn it right. Don't worry, you will not damage the motors in your wheel.

When my G25 was new, I was also afraid of the FFB and the wheel was spinning right round like a record baby right round round round (sorry, I got caught in the moment). You just have to hold the wheel tightly and turn it against the force of the motors.
so the g25 wontbe broken if i take it to the right wheel its working to left
Quote from robind2 :so the g25 wontbe broken if i take it to the right wheel its working to left

No, don't worry, it will be fine. I do it with my wheel and it is 2 years old and still works perfectly. You HAVE to counter-steer to control the car. The wheel is designed to take a lot of thrashing without damage.
Enjoy your drifting.
The FFB motor's should be causing the wheel to countersteer into the slide by itself, however what most people new to the game (or new to driving a vehicle over the limit) then react to too late is straightening the wheel back up again (against the FFB motors) as the car starts to point towards the direction of travel again.
ty guys. where can i see the thing when press speed, then a color comes up
Hi all,

I also have a question regarding this. When my car starts to drift, my G25 automatically counter steers to help me straighten the car up but this doesn't seem too realistic. Is this supposed to be how it is? Is this normal in real racing?...The steering wheel countering automatically?
Robin add me on msn, Ill show you some drift moves n stuff if u like.. Im not a pro at driftin but i can drift. [email protected]
Quote from Moebius :Hi all,

I also have a question regarding this. When my car starts to drift, my G25 automatically counter steers to help me straighten the car up but this doesn't seem too realistic. Is this supposed to be how it is? Is this normal in real racing?...The steering wheel countering automatically?

Yes, totally normal. The front wheels always try to follow your direction of travel unless you force them to do otherwise.
Quote from Moebius :Hi all,

Yes this is normal in real life. The caster in the geometry of the front suspension means that the wheels are always trying to roll in the direction of travel (i.e. you can push a bicycle forwards by the seat only and the handlebars stay straight, but try pulling the bike backwards, it doesn't work because the caster is now reversed). Anyway, what this means is even if the car is sideways, the steering appears to countersteer by itself, but in fact it is just the front wheels wanting to point in the direction of travel.

Edit: Beaten by miles, had the page open for a while without refreshing.
Quote from DaveWS :Edit: Beaten by miles, had the page open for a while without refreshing.

Happens to me all the time. 'Bout time I did it to someone else.
#20 - Woz
Car weight distribution is also key here. The better you balance the car with your right foot the less you have to fight the FFB. Control the drift with your right foot first, steering wheel second.

Force feedback on g25
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG