The online racing simulator
Split Screen Multiplayer, 1 PC... Easy solution?
On consoles you can have the Split Screen Multiplayer on most games... For LFS on the PC, I think there is an easy solution...
Every time the lfs window isn't active, it automatically stops reading the controllers if there was an option to keep reading from the controllers you could have another lfs window running on the same pc and use the lan connection to connect the 2 lfs programs, and because the lfs window that is inactive is still reading it, you could resize lfs to half the screen each (one on the left or one on the top and bottom) having 2 controllers you would be able to have a split screen.

I know it won't save your controller settings on the one you close first, but would be willing to put up with it.

Yeah, I don't know lol
Hey james.

Sign into msn :P

What happens if you set one of them to 'stay on top' and click the other? :S
#3 - Jakg
Controller only works on currently focused window (and sound only works in the focused window as well)
The other point is that LFS seems to annihilate its frame rates if you run it in two instances at once - as in, I think I remember seeing single-figure frame rates, and the sound got butchered in the process. Perhaps if you have a dual graphics card configuration, this would be helped, but I'm not so sure.

Anyone with hardware other than Q6600 / Asus P5K / nVidia 8600GT tried it?

Sam
#5 - Jakg
From my experience (back when I had a single core 4000 no less) LFS wasn't that bad running more than one instance when windowed.
Perhaps I was doing something daft at the time, then, or maybe it was with the old Radeon X300

I'll try it again tomorrow morning and see. Cheers for the heads-up.

Sam
I get good fps...
Quote from Dark Elite :Anyone with hardware other than Q6600 / Asus P5K / nVidia 8600GT tried it?

Well, I have tried it... I get 250fps with 1920x1080 at x4 AA on my 9800GT, I tried running 2 Live For Speed windows and I got a little more than half the frame rate in both... about 180.

I have a Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHz @ 3.40GHz, 2GB RAM and NVIDIA 9800 GT
Hmm, are you watching replays or actually running the simulation? Because sitting in the pits "live" with two windows set up one on top of the other, half the screen each, I get about a quarter of normal frame rate - maximise them both (not fullscreen, but maximised windowed) and we're looking at five or six FPS. Odd..

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG