The online racing simulator
#101 - JEP
Ah, forgot about it.
Sorry.

I never said nor implied you were an idiot, dont put words into my mouth.

What I was saying is that if you were on Z4 like you say, you got the message because the host you were trying to connect to (from your screenshot) was a newer host than the current version of LFS you were on. Thus, upgrading to the latest version available would remove that particualar issue.

I am not an idiot either.

EDIT: I didnt see the other replies before I posted my response, but my post stands.
I found a little bug:..

Go with any car to any track for a race (> 1 lap)
Do a false start
Go to garage
Select another car
Press OK

It will say FALSE START and after a while you will be able to drive.
Quote from Flame CZE :I found a little bug:..

Go with any car to any track for a race (> 1 lap)
Do a false start
Go to garage
Select another car
Press OK

It will say FALSE START and after a while you will be able to drive.

it's not a bug, I think it's there on propose, then you can't cheat... like going out of pits when everybody is waiting fot the green light
I get the bug where it says: Host is LFS 0.5Z too. What's going on there?

Lampshade / mbutcher
I am not totally sure, but i noticed "head shake" is now smoother.
i remember a lot of small bumps, now it feels like something is missing...
when full patch out guys any ideas?
Quote from Jakg :Volkswagen Scirocco

I know that it's VWS but he asked why there is "no VW" and I showed it to him.
-
hey! (audimasta) DELETED by audimasta
-
(Gills4life) DELETED by Bob Smith
Quote from Flame CZE :I know that it's VWS but he asked why there is "no VW" and I showed it to him.

Yeah but you got the reason why it's called it wrong :P
sry about that, some of my friends had some fun with my account.
Quote from audimasta :sry about that, some of my friends had some fun with my account.

Dont let your friends playing with your lfs account.

Because you are gone for 5 min and your friends is still behind your pc. Then they doing some stupid things with your lfs account.

And dont give your lfs account to one of your friends.
FXO stutters when braking with ABS on
Quote from KanseiDneova :FXO stutters when braking with ABS on

All cars with abs do that in the game , all depends too how much presure you put in the break bias
Quote from Whiskey :Scawen said that drilled disc could break on racing usage, and creamic disc or carbond disc are not drilled.

they could break yes or crack, but the majority of high performance cars use either drilled or groved.

i think that the race cars should use uprated discs, at the moment if i change the discs to grooved then the uf1 also gets them... whitch is abit silly

just go to google an type 'carbon ceramic racing rotors' and come back and tell me again that carbon discs are not drilled
Quote from Inouva :Just is ok in the way is now

IF you dont like the new Breake disc
Donwnload another texture and replace it and done

Why so much problem for something so insignificant

right let me explain..

the reason discs have drilled holes in them or grooved lines is to help in cooling and brakefade, amonst other reasons..

the cars i mentioned (except bf1) in the list wouldnt have these types of discs (rotors) as standard because in an everyday situation you would never get the brakes too hot etc..

the discs are not good the way they are now...

i have replaced the drilled ones with solid ones, so now they are all the same (solid), tho i do wish to use drilled discs on the racecars, as a reality thing i would expect them to have the uprated discs.
Looks like we need another spin-off thread about brake discs
Personally I don't care because you normally do not even see the discs while racing...
Quote from GeForz :Looks like we need another spin-off thread about brake discs
Personally I don't care because you normally do not even see the discs while racing...

i agree its not something that is really needed, but its just another tick in the box about things being realistic/close to real as possible.
-
(Tur8o) DELETED by Tur8o
Quote from Tur8o :No dude he means stop working to the end of 2008 lol Scirocco should be about mid january from what we can gather just read the main site

If you are responding to my question, it's solved.
I updated lfs TO Z8 but I still only see rims and tyres in wheel view. Their is no spokes on the wheels nor is there any brake disk.

Quote from steve30x :I updated lfs TO Z8 but I still only see rims and tyres in wheel view. Their is no spokes on the wheels nor is there any brake disk.

It has been like that since ever...
Quote from Flame CZE :It has been like that since ever...

No it hasnt been like that forever. I had spokes and brake disks in Z but the new patches changed that. I have been playing LFS with 4 years I should know by now.
Tried... it looks almost the same except Z does have brake calipers and discs. Z in the left, Z8 in the right.
Attached images
z_z8.jpg
z_z82.jpg
That may not be a bug, they may have intended for it to look like that.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW)
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG