The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Nope you can't open the boots, you only get to "use" them when you hide a body in there. My favourite mission is when you have to drive a dump truck and pick up some trash :P ooops shouldn't have said that
after completing the game i noticed:
its a nice storyline
the missions don't follow up
driving like a maniac can be fun
a person CAN complete a mission when he had 5 redbulls...
the final mission doenst have to do much with the storyline(the second part, not the huge shooting part)
killing all the hookers can be fun
if u ask a hooker the third time to dance, her friend joins, and they come pretty close
Quote from kiss me :if u ask a hooker the third time to dance, her friend joins, and they come pretty close

Do you mean a stripper in a strip club?
Dont know if anybody has stumbled across this yet, but it works for me..
How to run GTA4 at "high" everything @ 1680*1050 WITH ONLY 320Mb (in my case!) vRAM!!

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=384473

This is only a temp fix for me...Nice Mr Sandy Claws gonna bring me a 9800GTX+1Gb
Quote from Bladerunner :Dont know if anybody has stumbled across this yet, but it works for me..
How to run GTA4 at "high" everything @ 1680*1050 WITH ONLY 320Mb (in my case!) vRAM!!

This is only a temp fix for me...Nice Mr Sandy Claws gonna bring me a 9800GTX+1Gb

edit: read it now, excellent post great find
forget what I said before (I basically said how to put the memory up and run everything maxed out regardless of the performance, while the post on this link have performance gain)
Quote from Bladerunner :Dont know if anybody has stumbled across this yet, but it works for me..

i thought there was an easier way to do it, where you add a line onto the exe or shortcut icon. i dont remember the line, though
Where can I find those skate ramps at about 1:49 in that video?
Found it, thanks.
Quote from LFSn00b :Does anyone know a fix for "gta iv fatal error dd3d50"? I have a pixel shader 3.0 compatible dx9 card. I dont know what to do for it so i might ask help here.

Tried new drivers or the new patch? Btw, are you sure you GPU is DX9?
Quote from Bose321 :Tried new drivers or the new patch? Btw, are you sure you GPU is DX9?

All I can say for that is I wonder if anyone this day has so old GPU that it's not DX9 compatible. If it's pixel shader 3.0 compatible it would definitely run DX9 too.
Quote from BigPeBe :All I can say for that is I wonder if anyone this day has so old GPU that it's not DX9 compatible. If it's pixel shader 3.0 compatible it would definitely run DX9 too.

Haha, true. but you never know
Got GTA IV for PC, it's insane. I can't understand why everyone now hates it.
Hm, havn't seen that much people that hate it tbh.
Can anyone help with the commandline thingy for GTA IV ?
Open your GTA folder, create a file 'commandline.txt', type all your commands and save. That's it, you're done!
Quote from Snake2 :Got GTA IV for PC, it's insane. I can't understand why everyone now hates it.

some people cant play it because you need a fast pc to run GTA IV.
and maybe they didnt have a fast pc so that maybe the season that some people hates the game.
Quote from Bass-Driver :some people cant play it because you need a fast pc to run GTA IV.
and maybe they didnt have a fast pc so that maybe the season that some people hates the game.

Yeah, that's the reason why some people hate Vista. "it sucks!" 'why?' "because it's slow" 'no, ur pc is slow.' "f*ck you!"

Something like that ^^
Quote from Bose321 :Hm, havn't seen that much people that hate it tbh.

I've seen one...
First he didn't like it when he saw the trailer
When it came to consoles he really started to feel negative about it (didn't play it)
When it came to PC, he started hating it since he couldn't find a working crack
Then he spent 50 bucks on it, and found out that a 1.7 GHZ, single core Pentium with 512 ram and a GeForce MX440 (or something like that) can't run it. Now he hates everyone in Rockstargames.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG