The online racing simulator
custom clutch pedal
(23 posts, started )
custom clutch pedal
im making a clutch pedal out of an old joystick and an old ps1 racing pedal. im using the thing from the joystick that senses the throttle spinning but wen i go into my controll pannel it only senses a quarter turn and i need it to sense alot more for the pedal. is there a program i can use that will make it so it will sense the full amount i need it to?

thanks.
Throttle/Brake compensation by any chance?
This may sound really noobish but is there actually a wheel and pedals that has a clutch pedal, because if there is, then i really want one!
Logitech G25 - Stop living under a rock.
um. G25 perhaps. Or one of the fanatec porsche wheels.
Hey, i have a saitek r220, i was on a budget!
Hey - Gotta start somewhere.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hey - Gotta start somewhere.

very true mate, and it beats KB controls hands down for me!
Definatly right on that one - I think my first wheel was some crappy £29.99 logitech thing. It had FFB but it wasn't anywhere near comparable to the DFP that I had next, and then the G25 (which is awesome, buy one )
no i ripped the guts out of the ps1 pedals and put the twisty sensor thing from the throttle an old joystick in it to sense the pedal being pushed down. but in the controll pannel it only senses a quarter turn of the twisty sensor thing and i need it to sense like 2 whole turns. it will turn as much as i need it to but it will not sense the whole thing because its only set to how far the throttle turned. btw im only putting 1 in for the one pedal to be the clutch. in the future i might cut the other pedal off to make it more compact. i'll get some pics up soon.
If you are using the pot (sensor) from the pedals and hooking it up to the control chip of the joystick, I know whats wrong.

The Pot is a variable resistor, most of the ones used in pedal sets are either 20k 50k or 100k ohms. this means that over the entire rotation of the pot, the resistance changes between 0 and what ever the pot is rated at.

If the joystick pots are rated at 20k and the pedal set pots are rated at 100k you will only get about 1/5th of the actual travel. This is because the joystick is looking for 20k at max resistance, which the pedal pot is going to provide at only 1/5th a revolution. That is of course if the controler is using simple resistance metering/voltage based. In which case the pots will only have two (2) wires going to them.

If the pot has three (3) wires then the controler is using the pot as a voltage divider, in which case you could use any pot since the controler is looking at the in and out voltage, and then using the inbetween from the variable resistor to find out where along the axis the pedals/joystick handel is.

Since you are getting only a quarter of the distance, your using a joystick that uses the first method, and all I can suggest is that you find out what resistance pot the joystick uses, and then get one of the same resistance and put it into the pedals.

Edit: Ignore all of the above unless you want to know a little more about how this stuff works.
now that you posted a little more info, you need to use a pot with a larger turn radius. find one with the same resistance and has 300 degrees of rotation.
heres the pics. i just wanted to make a cheap clutch pedal so its kinda shitty. but hopefully will work when i am done. jusst gota duct tape it to the side of the logitech momo pedals lol.

Oh I thought you had it all working but when you pressed down on the pedal slightly, it went further than you pressed.
it is all working but when i press the pedal it only senses the first little part that i push down and not the full pedal press.
Here is my setup..... Its from an old LOGITECH NASCAR wheel. I got it for 30 bucks at target. I had a problem with it atfirst, when i hit the gas on the clutch pedal set, it turned off clutch turned out i had to invert the axis, but thats the only problems i had.
Attached images
IMG00018.JPG
lol nice. im using old ps1 pedals for my clutch so i couldent use the ps2 conector. i ripped the guts from an old joystick and put them in there. now i just need some type of program to set the sensors up for the pedals.
DXTweak2 (google it)

With this you can accurately change the range of your controller's axis. It can't correct saturation, though.
Quote from unseen :um. G25 perhaps. Or one of the fanatec porsche wheels.

If you don't want to spend all that money on a G25, get another cheap used wheel and plug that in just to use as a clutch pedal. LFS will recognise both controllers and let you assign controls as you see fit.
i might try that. this thing is just being a pain in the arse to get to work.
Quote from DAG00BER :im making a clutch pedal out of an old joystick and an old ps1 racing pedal. im using the thing from the joystick that senses the throttle spinning but wen i go into my controll pannel it only senses a quarter turn and i need it to sense alot more for the pedal. is there a program i can use that will make it so it will sense the full amount i need it to?

thanks.

Potentiometer I think
is there any well made manual on the Internet how to make home-made clutch?

custom clutch pedal
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG