The online racing simulator
open wheel in the streets
(25 posts, started )
Nice =)
Oh, cool. Someone's driving a Red Bull F1 car on some closed roads in a big city. Yes, closed. There were police cars / bikes on every junction.

The car is 2009-spec, if I'm not completely mistaken (there's a KERS cooler on the right side). And IMHO, the dude was incapable of driving an F1 car, as the wheels slipped every time he pushed the throttle a bit (I don't want to say that I'd be better at it!). I personally think this is a PR stunt for Red Bull or some other company, nothing else.
I wanna do that for one day. That would be SWEEEEET!!!
It's Sao Paulo, and no, certainly not a 2009-spec car as this was in 2006 or so.
It isn't anywhere near a 2009 car, and it's being driven by a very skilled professional racing driver. To drive on city streets in the wet in an F1 car is extremely tricky.
looked like dry tyres to me too. doubt it though
#8 - amp88
Yeah, definitely not a 2009 car. You can easily hear the TC at about 2/3 distance. I think (thought I could be wrong) that this was done during the off season between 2007 and 2008. The car is on wets (you can see them at about 1/8 through the video on the onboard.

edit: Just done a search and it's labelled as F1 2006 Red Bull Sao Paolo (full points to diablo21 then ).
OMFG!!! theres cruise servers in REAL LIFE TO!!! oh the humanity :doh:
The engine sounds like V10 so it must have been 2005.
I didn't remember about the driver etc but according to this youtube link the driver is Michael Ammermuller, 2006 GP2 driver and RBR's 3rd driver. 7,7km in around 3 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80yOPiXVEHo
Nice vid.

I'd say the guy driving in it was doing a pretty good job. Seemed like pretty crap conditions to drive an F1 car in, especially as it seemed to be relatively low speeds, hell there was at least 1 'civilian' looking person crossing the street in front of him so he wouldn't of been allowed to spank it that hard. I doubt his tyres were anywhere near a decent temperature for most of it!
#14 - XmaX
#16 - MR_B
Plus the side pods are dead square, and yep it's a V10

My guess, RB1 2005!
Hard to tell if it's a V10 to me.
this exibition was in 2006, a few days before the Interlagos GP

when the car drove trough the city, it was around 5:30AM

many people woke up that day with the sound of a F1 in their window
Quote from Motörhead V8 :this exibition was in 2006, a few days before the Interlagos GP

when the car drove trough the city, it was around 5:30AM

many people woke up that day with the sound of a F1 in their window

Were they using a 2005 spec car then? That sounds like a V10 engine that is being used.
It was Michael Ammermuller in the 2005 RB1 in the run-up to the 2006 Brazilian GP.
That explains it
Quote from St4Lk3R :Oh, cool. Someone's driving a Red Bull F1 car on some closed roads in a big city. Yes, closed. There were police cars / bikes on every junction.

Nowhere did the original poster claim that the streets weren't closed! The thread says it's an open wheel car on the street, and that's exactly what it is... Good detective work though figuring out the streets were closed It didn't look like anyone was trying to hide the fact to me

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG