The online racing simulator
Road to Formula 1 Series by Dark Side Racing
(34 posts, started )
yeah... a promo... now, I'm sorry, but this doesn't qualify as anything except a waste of time. IF you wanted us to see a promo, you'd actually get "cool hollywood effects" or at least EDITED THE VIDEO. What you have shown is basically a frapsed replay with shift+f, cut short of doing 1 lap. You could have given us the MPR file, and we could have added a cool music to it ourselves.
If you want to promote something - put some effort into it, because a nice post with colourful text on this forum would attract more attention to your series than a video that took 1 minute to capture and 2 to upload.
lol.. who the **** is this neanderthal squid-whatever acting like he owns this forum? Hey squidcock, I don't give a ***** about what you think. It wasn't made for posers like you with your ricer videos. My emphasis lies on a platform which you fail to even come close to comprehend. If I wanted to make a fancy video, that's what it would have been (and I will when I feel like it). My post clearly states it's raw battle footage. That's what raw footage looks like.

Learn how to criticize, be constructive, independent, objective and keep your estrogen-driven thoughts separate. You and your "0 pole positions" yet "102 drag wins" on LFSworld. What you need is a game called "Live for Ricers" because the last time I checked, "Live for Speed" was primarily geared for track racing simulation.
DAMN! Leb! LoL!
ROFL Leb, Haha.

Squid throws the ball, gets it in return. and falls.
Quite a fight here, lol.

I guess the idea behind squid's sayings is that the title is possibly misleading. Yes the vid is a decent close battle (raw footage), but the title states the new series DSR is launching, which to a majority implies that you are posting some kind of promo for it. :P Anyways.
Quote from Lebaron :lol.. who the **** is this neanderthal squid-whatever acting like he owns this forum? Hey squidcock, I don't give a ***** about what you think.

Well, why should you even give a **** (yes there are only 4 letters you should replace with "*" in the word ****, don't they teach you that at school?) about what I think? After all you are an immature self indulgent tit who uploads a crappy vid for everyone to praise him for, and fails to even properly describe it.

Quote from Lebaron :It wasn't made for posers like you with your ricer videos.

Who was it made for then? Racers? I DO believe they would prefer a .mpr file, since it shows a great bigger deal of information of what is going on... but let's not focus on that and your "elite" emphasis and "higher vision of LFS purpose", since it's pointless to argue with Jesus of LFS video making.

Quote from Lebaron :If I wanted to make a fancy video (You'd probably fail. added by Squid), that's what it would have been (and I will when I feel like it). My post clearly states it's raw battle footage. That's what raw footage looks like.

and your youtube description of the vid clearly states "Road to Formula 1 Series - Promo 1", not "raw footage of a racing battle". Fail? I think so...because you see.... THIS is a promo.... THIS is also a promo... while This is a frapsed replay for some reason titled "promo"

Quote from Lebaron :Learn how to criticize, be constructive, independent, objective and keep your estrogen-driven thoughts separate

Let me see, I do believe my first post was
quite critical (it's a bad promo, any more criticism, and it'd be bashing, which it isn't since I apologised beforehand...)
quite constructive (Putting some effort into the video is the main point you should concentrate on)
quite independent (I didn't depend on anyone when I said "it's not a proper promo)
quite objective (I expected a promo, I got a frapsed replay...)
and ofcourse, the thought about your video was quite separate from the thoughts "I want some waffles" and "Should I wear warmer clothes today?" which were in my head at that same moment.

Quote from Lebaron :You and your "0 pole positions" yet "102 drag wins" on LFSworld. What you need is a game called "Live for Ricers" because the last time I checked, "Live for Speed" was primarily geared for track racing simulation.

Last time I checked, the devs are quite clear on the game being for "everyone who wishes to play it", and I do believe they are more of an authority, when it comes to "what should each separate member of the community play". So, as a Russian saying goes : "Don't tell me how to act, and I won't tell you where you should go..."

And once again, you use words you don't understand yourself... I believe your national sport, Drag Racing should be renamed to Drag Ricing, according to you. With new names applied : Top Fuel Ricer; Top Alcohol Ricer; Funny Ricer... and so on, and so forth...

As for my LFSW stats : You should actually try to comprehend what you have read in the stats (reading is not that hard, you should try it). It's not 102 wins, it's 102 starts. Also, if you did the math, I think you'd find I finished in 235 races and got a podium finish in 66 of them... which is not bad... considering I'm not a sim-racer.

In conclusion : try to do some fresh activities before you do something... Like "thinking". It would improve you as a person.

Cheers! I'm out of this thread
ahahhaahah
@Lebaron

well i watched it was not that mucth but still gd maby next will be better

@ Squidhead

Well it says movies and well that wht i saw it can be crap ,good or even a really gd movie but u seem to come here kill them about how bad it is compaired to you maby you want to go and race on the track just a bit more or drag ) i think if i spent my time on a movie it world be gd but i cant really be assed to make one i would rather race

yep and i agree with adavatar

Why do u put that as a Signature dose it make you feel gd about urself just showing someone up becuz there not ur movies maker standards i think u need to grow up a bit

i got in a figth with you last time. Cant you talk to people in a nice way you just seem to have a big mouth and want to be heard if it sucks just dont say nothing but like i said you cant do that you want to feel to be the man in the forums

Over and Out Austin
lol! Looks like that ape went nuts. I think I'll refrain from writing a page pointing out all the bs from your post. Nah squidcock, I dont hate you. Just feel really sorry for you. The fact that you're trying to make up for your lack of achievement in life by coming in here and acting all tough, you mummy's boy. Chill out and go cuddle with your boyfriend.

One.
Quote from Lebaron :lol! Looks like that ape went nuts. Nah squidcock, I dont hate you. Just feel really sorry for you. The fact that you're trying to make up for your lack of achievement in life by coming in here and acting tough, you mummy's boy. Chill out and go cuddle with your boyfriend.

One.

Gotta say (this is just my opinion here) but your response to Squid's comments doesn't really give your team or your series a very professional touch.
(I did it once myself - It wasn't pretty but I learned)
I imagine that you probably don't care about that, but to me it is very unattractive to see that kind of behaviour.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Gotta say (this is just my opinion here) but your response to Squid's comments doesn't really give your team or your series a very professional touch.
I imagine that you probably don't care about that, but to me it is very unattractive to see that kind of behaviour.

We had to pry Leb away from his wheel with a crowbar to get him to make this video.

Squidhead is one of the most opinionated and critical people on the Movies subforum. I generally see him giving everything a bad review and he often doesn't give constructive criticism.
-
(Austin31287) DELETED by Austin31287
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Gotta say (this is just my opinion here) but your response to Squid's comments doesn't really give your team or your series a very professional touch.

+1.

I feel Squid's opinions are usually right, they just could be phrased in a slightly gentler fashion. These comments however are not a reason to lash out in the middle of promoting a series.

As for the video... Well it's just a Fraps onboard. There's nothing wrong with that, but really promote a series.

Hey I see what you're trying to say and completely respect your opinion. I know the event might get affected, but the issue is about a bigger purpose. Do you see how the situation is unbalanced? People who post a video get crap by some idiot but if they try to go with a rebuttal it affects their event. I don't know, am I crazy lol!!??

Again, appreciate your feedback.
Quote from BigTime :+1.
I feel Squid's opinions are usually right, they just could be phrased in a slightly gentler fashion. These comments however are not a reason to lash out in the middle of promoting a series.
As for the video... Well it's just a Fraps onboard. There's nothing wrong with that, but really promote a series.

Thanks for the post. Again another fair response.

I have to kindly disagree with a "not a reason to lash out" part. If this guy was professional, he would understand that we're trying to promote an event and send me a PM expressing his thoughts. Heck I already know the video could be MUCH better but you work with what you have. I'll make a better one down the road.

Oh, and Bigtime, you need to fire this squid guy and take his job.
Quote from Lebaron :lol.. who the **** is this neanderthal squid-whatever acting like he owns this forum? Hey squidcock, I don't give a ***** about what you think. It wasn't made for posers like you with your ricer videos. My emphasis lies on a platform which you fail to even come close to comprehend. If I wanted to make a fancy video, that's what it would have been (and I will when I feel like it). My post clearly states it's raw battle footage. That's what raw footage looks like.

Learn how to criticize, be constructive, independent, objective and keep your estrogen-driven thoughts separate. You and your "0 pole positions" yet "102 drag wins" on LFSworld. What you need is a game called "Live for Ricers" because the last time I checked, "Live for Speed" was primarily geared for track racing simulation.

1) if you dont care about what other people think, then why the hell did you post here?
2) squid's post is the truth
3) you cant call 1 camera position and 1 recording a 'promo'. as squid said, its a replay recorded.
4) what the hell has a movie got to do with lfsworld?
5) the music sucked
6) your immature
7) how does being 'a casual lfs racer (couldnt think of any other way to put it)' mean he is a ricer?
8) dont compare me to you purely by lfsworld
9) lol @ squid's sig
Quote from Lebaron :The fact that you're trying to make up for your lack of achievement in life by coming in here and acting all tough, you mummy's boy. Chill out and go cuddle with your boyfriend.

Now that's just immature. And it's clear that you can't stand criticism.
This is the best promo ever, if only for creating a thread like this.
Quote from zeugnimod :This is the best promo ever, if only for creating a thread like this.

+1

As for the video, after reading some of the criticism (fail spelling) I was expecting a lot worse. After seeing it, I think it would promote it better if you showed clips of the MRT, FBM, FOX, FO8 and BF1. It would represent what the league is about a bit more. I don't really mind if being all onboard but it only promoted the FBM part. As a promo video, it isn't the best (or well thought of) but I guess it would do the trick :P.

For the little battle going on between Leb and Squid, I agree with Squid but not the way he said it. Squid's like that though, you can't expect him to be super nice when the video isn't better then his video's . If I had made a video and he would have answered like that I wouldn't care simply because I'd expect it coming from him and I would take his advice knowing he has greater experience.
Are you for real squidward.
You need to stop drifting, the smoke from the tires is getting to you head.:Eyecrazy:
And who the hell are you all to judge what does Squid thinks (same for Squid,don't judge to severe) , so he likes to tell what have done wrong in the video , it's just that i think he is tired of always writting do that and that , so this was the case when he was realy P***** off by some frapsed replay , that happens. And after all , if you didn't care what Squid thinks , you wouldn't reply back ...
LoL! Squid's right hand man getting in on the action! Cumon! Bitch fight...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :LoL! Squid's right hand man getting in on the action! Cumon! Bitch fight...

Pffft! They're only four handed. We're at least 20 handed. They've got no chance!
Okay guys, move along... Nothing to see here except a video that has caused a surprising amount of controversy. Now watch the video and shut yo' mouth.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG