The online racing simulator
Ati 4850 vs 9800GTX+
(48 posts, started )

Poll : Ati 4850 vs 9800GTX+

Closed since :
Ati 4850
9800gtx+
Is it possible to try it on a other computer?

I think mostly that the drivers are corrupt installed. (happend me once when I had my 6600GT) It only helped to format the PC.

But in this case, I would first test it on a different computer. If it works then try to remove your drivers and use Ccleaner to completely remove your driver.

EDIT: Also, Are you using Ati 8.9 driver?

Try to enable Manual fan control and raise it up to 60-70%
No I am using the 8.5.2 ones.
Link doesn't work.

Sorry, you have insufficient access.
403 Access Denied.
i use 38-40% and its 51 degrees idle
Quote from G!NhO :i use 38-40% and its 51 degrees idle

the first one is on auto and the 2nd on 45% with 42 degrees. If you need to use 60+ your cooling is really wrong takumi
when i put it on auto it stays 81 all the time
Nothing is fixed.
Installed 200000xxxx different drivers,changed the resolution in game and still same shit.

Is there anything else that I could try?
Is LFS the only game with this problems? Do you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones? have you tried to reinstall LFS? or deleted the CFG's of your old card? (excuse me if someone said this already; havn't read the whole thread).
Quote from Bose321 :Is LFS the only game with this problems? Do you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones? have you tried to reinstall LFS? or deleted the CFG's of your old card? (excuse me if someone said this already; havn't read the whole thread).

Already said.

Last option take it to the RMA or format.

Btw, I use 100% fanspeed when gaming and 30 on windows applications.
Quote from Bose321 :Is LFS the only game with this problems? Do you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones? have you tried to reinstall LFS? or deleted the CFG's of your old card? (excuse me if someone said this already; havn't read the whole thread).

Tried it again right now and still nothing.

I guess i have to take to the store and replace it.
I don't know. Something still tells me that there is something wrong with the drivers.

But meh, If you have warranty then make use of it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :

But meh, If you have warranty then make use of it.

yeah... Change the number of the box from 4850 to 4870, and you might get a better card
ATI fails. I have the 9800gt and it is overclocked like a mother and hasnt overheated at all. I tested many cards and always got crap performance out of ati. Could be my luck but ill stick with nvidia.
Quote from klbbadd2002 :ATI fails. I have the 9800gt and it is overclocked like a mother and hasnt overheated at all. I tested many cards and always got crap performance out of ati. Could be my luck but ill stick with nvidia.

That post proves that you never bought ATI before. So what are your corespeeds?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :http://game.amd.com/us-en/driv ... lyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Fixed, Download the Catalyst Software Suite.

After that Like I said above enable manual fanspeed control and raise it up to 60-70%

Just bumping this thread, coz, i've just got myself the MSI version of the 4850, and i'm a bit confused.

The driver/catalyst thing on the cd that came with the card is version 8.50, yet the latest version on that site is 8.12, so, which is the best ?

And just for the record, mines running at about 66-67 degrees C at idle, and i thought that was hot, but if some are running over 80

Have to say, it's early days, but i'm not entirely sure if this card really is worth all the hype. I didn't notice any significant improvement in X-Plane, and Arma's still not playable on max settings (it will run at max settings, but the fps's are too low to be useful) Not had the time to try FSX yet though, so perhaps time will tell. But, i've come from an Nvidia 6800GS, so i would have thought i'd get a huge performance boost, but no...

And while i'm here, maybe i could ask some more questions ?

I also bought an Asus P5QL motherboard with this Express Gate/Splashtop app. And it's a pretty nifty little thing, but, i can't get the audio working (only in the Express Gate though, it's fine in the OS) I've looked at the support pages of Asus, but, they're useless to be honest, and couldn't find any help there. I did send them an email, but they ain't hurrying to reply.

So, any help from you guys would be appreciated.

p.s Linux seems to really hate this MB/Vid card combo, it doesn't recognise the audio or ethernet port
Quote from Mazz4200 :Just bumping this thread, coz, i've just got myself the MSI version of the 4850, and i'm a bit confused.

The driver/catalyst thing on the cd that came with the card is version 8.50, yet the latest version on that site is 8.12, so, which is the best ?

And just for the record, mines running at about 66-67 degrees C at idle, and i thought that was hot, but if some are running over 80

Have to say, it's early days, but i'm not entirely sure if this card really is worth all the hype. I didn't notice any significant improvement in X-Plane, and Arma's still not playable on max settings (it will run at max settings, but the fps's are too low to be useful) Not had the time to try FSX yet though, so perhaps time will tell. But, i've come from an Nvidia 6800GS, so i would have thought i'd get a huge performance boost, but no...

And while i'm here, maybe i could ask some more questions ?

I also bought an Asus P5QL motherboard with this Express Gate/Splashtop app. And it's a pretty nifty little thing, but, i can't get the audio working (only in the Express Gate though, it's fine in the OS) I've looked at the support pages of Asus, but, they're useless to be honest, and couldn't find any help there. I did send them an email, but they ain't hurrying to reply.

So, any help from you guys would be appreciated.

Never heard of the 8.50 before. The 8.12 is the newest one. As for Expressgate never used it. I have a Asus P5Q-Pro and just skipped the install of the Espressgate. So, that's why is pop ups a white text telling me that expressgate isnt installed when booting up.
Yep, it's definitely 8.50, i guess this must be an MSI only version . But i suppose the driver on the ATI site should be the better and newest one. will try it.

The Express Gate thing is pretty good tbh, apart from the no sound. You can get online within 10sec's of turning the PC on. And because it doesn't go through the full boot up sequence in theory it's using less power to run the thing and on my PC is very very quiet. The only drawback is you can't access the HDD, so you can only download to a USB device. And it obviously doesn't load the GFX card so stuff like Google Earth is a bit laggy. Youtube's fine though, except for the no sound bit
I have P5Q Deluxe, I disabled Expressgate completely lol, and turned off the logo, I like to see the POST messages when booting up. I just like that it reminds me of the early days of computers.

As for that driver, I think it's the internal version 8.50. I have catalyst 8.12 and my driver version is 8.561.

Ati 4850 vs 9800GTX+
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG