The online racing simulator
stop people entering/exiting pits?
(5 posts, started )
Basically i am in control of a server on behalf of my friend (he pays) and we run on a custom layout on the skid pad. now i do not know what programs etc he has installed on the server but the most important problem is that people can join and exit the pits whenever (this is a banger server so would like people to race on with the damage they have, or park up if too bad)

is there a command for this???? or can somebody help please???
There is no command that can prevent people from pitting I think, but you can prevent them from rejoining with an InSim script.
Ok, ill speak to my friend about that, please post up any links that may help or software etc?
Well, the code will be language specific, so information about what can be run on the server could be useful to anyone willing to give it a whirl.

Coding the automated spectating on pitting while race is in progress, and re-join protection (if for some reason you don't want to disable midrace join) isn't a big job as such, it's more to do with finding someone to write the app for a platform the server supports.

If you know anyone outside of LFS who's a coder, the insim.txt and the LFS manual will go a long way to getting the job done.

GL
When you're on your server, why don't you use the 'Shift U' command and place barriers over the entry and exit of the pits?

Bottom Left asks if you want to Place Objects. Click and press Yes.

Layout as you want then save.
Attached images
Shift U No.JPG
Shift U Yes.JPG

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG