The online racing simulator
Subaru pulling out of WRC?!?!?!
(48 posts, started )
it's only a matter of time before Ford does the same with the crisis going on in the states.

S-2000spec needs to be implemented ASAP or else :tombstone
#3 - DeKo
subaru are gone

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... ort/tickerdb/sport/42.xml

Very sad day for motorsport, one of the most iconic names in motor racing, the days of colin mcrae going mental in an impreza were the main reason i got interested in all forms of motorsport, the FIA are fucking everything up.
Quote from DeKo :the FIA are fucking everything up.

Wait... FIA ****ed up world economy?
This isn't because of the FIA. Prodrive would be happy to run an S2000 car on behalf of Subaru, but if the parent company isn't making money they have to cut back on unnecessary things.

Subaru haven't been doing well for several years now, so staying is just wasting money with no return. Like almost all the companies pulling out now while money is tight; they'll probably be back when the economic situation is a bit better.
#7 - DeKo
Quote from deggis :Wait... FIA ****ed up world economy?

All FIA controlled motorsport, this has **** all to do with the economy, its subaru not liking the S2000 rules.
#8 - JCTK
havn't there been rumours about Subraru and Suzuki both doesn't really like the idea of S2000 BEFORE the financial crisis~?

they just suddenly got a pretty good excuse, or it is part of the causes, for pulling out of WRC...
If Subaru need to cut costs they should sack their designers, then they could stay in the WRC. The new Rex is butt ugly.
#11 - 5haz
They brought it upon themselves, by murdering the Impreza.

I honestly think Top Gear actually has an inportant influence on wether people buy cars all over the world, because they showed how awful the new impreza was and I haven't seen any at all so far.

Motorsport really is going the way of the privateer, I wouldnt be suprised to see a few privateer Imprezas, this isn't a bad thing but its nice to have at least some manufacturer involvement.
Quote from 5haz :They brought it upon themselves, by murdering the Impreza.

I honestly think Top Gear actually has an inportant influence on wether people buy cars all over the world, because they showed how awful the new impreza was and I haven't seen any at all so far.

Motorsport really is going the way of the privateer, I wouldnt be suprised to see a few privateer Imprezas, this isn't a bad thing but its nice to have at least some manufacturer involvement.

1. I don't think that Top Gear has such an influence outside the UK (apart from the really hard fans), it's not the only car show / magazine in the world. And taken the current situation people are more likely to buy rather usefull stuff than a new car.

2. Economics is going downhill and I think the big crash is still to come next year. With all companies having trouble to sell anything or struggeling with staying alive at all there is no sense in burning the money even faster in motorsport. Apart from that: WRC media presence is pretty poor.
Quote from DeKo :All FIA controlled motorsport, this has **** all to do with the economy, its subaru not liking the S2000 rules.

Why, according to your theory, Subaru pulled out two years advance then?
#14 - JCTK
Quote from deggis :Why, according to your theory, Subaru pulled out two years advance then?

they'd need a sh*tload of investments and developments to get their current car to be competitive with the Ford and Citroen...

why bother continue spending money on something that'll be discontinued in a couple of years time~?
Wow this is actually quite a shock to me. The blue Subarus have been around for a while and have gotten quite iconic.
WRC is without Subaru nothing, same as F1 without Honda
Give it 12 months and it wouldn't surprise me at all see see F1 strugling to put a grid together. With the fed, and US Governments 'Kaynes will save us' policies you can exepct to see the dollar take a massive nose dive. I believe the US is Ferrari's biggest market and that could be wiped of the map... if it already isn't.

What Ferrari can only rely upon is a fast recovery in the East. They ahve more solid economies in the long term so that could just about save them... just.
****, i just hate it. i love toni and i even have suzuki clothes and now theyre pullin out. and even subaru?? this is getting me freaked out. end of wrc thank god finland haves its own rallyes with different classes
editsry for my bad lanuange)
Quote from JCTK :they'd need a sh*tload of investments and developments to get their current car to be competitive with the Ford and Citroen...

why bother continue spending money on something that'll be discontinued in a couple of years time~?

Do you think Subaru expected to use the same model, proved to be uncompetitive, whole next decade until last friday when S2000 was confirmed? S2000 as the sole reason just doesn't add up.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72500

Also this doesn't sound like future of WRC turned them off...

Quote from TypeRacing :WRC is without Subaru nothing, same as F1 without Honda

Meh, I don't think Honda is the same in F1.
No, it is not. Ferrari or McLaren are to F1 a lot more like what Subaru was for rallying rather than Honda. And it is a sad day, yes.
Suzuki is also pulling out of WRC, and Honda is pulling out of F1...

economy08 = epic fail
looks like the 22b has just become a little more collectable.
Oh man, screw this. God damn, I hate the economic crisis! Even not doing so well compared to Citroen, Subaru were still the legends out there. Now that there are S-2000 cars for WRC 2010, we'll see 207's, Protons, Corsa's and C2's on the courses. How that can be (much) entertainment, I'll never know.
#25 - Don
there are rumours subaru will start preparing a S2000 car for the 2010 season - perhaps not a bad idea to start testing in time, so that they have a proper car in the beginning of 2010...

And since both Ford and Citroen already have S1600 car, i wouldn`t be too surprised to see them make also S2000 car (and ford has already [not oficially afaik] done that in australia from a fiesta)....and imagine the new fiesta s2000 car

also i remember suzuki wanting to do a s2000 car....

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG