The online racing simulator

Poll : What varian of Weekly Team Races evolution do you like.. (see comment #7 for details)

№1: weekly cycle with BL1 races
№2: month cycle
№3: your variant
#1 - lvlo
Demo Rally Team Races - Announcements
Hi there! I'm glad to say that Weekly-AA-Team-Rally-Races start from Monday (15th December).

Place and date:

Server: [url="lfs://|%5BAA%5D+AirAttack+Rally|0|S2"][AA] AirAttack Rally[/url]
Track: Blackwood Rally (BL2)
Cars: XFG, XRG
Day: Undefined
Time: 20:00 UTC [that is 20:00 WET (London), 21:00 CET (Paris), 22:00 EET (Riga)...]

It's always good to login on server 5-10 min before the start of event

Each AA member has 1 invite to race.

Event order

XFG Party:
  • Qualification: 15 minutes
  • Race 1 (qualification order): 10 minutes + 1 lap
  • Race 2 (reverse order of race 1): 10 minutes + 1 lap
> Short break <

XRG Party:
  • Qualification: 15 minutes
  • Race 1 (qualification order): 10 minutes + 1 lap
  • Race 2 (reverse order of race 1): 10 minutes + 1 lap
Rules:
  • no pit stop required
  • rejoin to race possible only on 1 lap (if accident)
  • reset car is not allowed anymore
Forum threads:
  • Results and replays: [url]http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51959[/url]
  • Screenshots: [url]http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=52912[/url]
PS: if you have troubles to find server in List Of Hosts, [url="http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1009205"]you can create shortcut[/url] (HOST="[AA] AirAttack Rally" (without quotes), PASS you already know) on your desktop which will run game and connect it to [AA] AirAttack Rally server or use [url="http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=121"]Join2LFS[/url] link in beginning of this post.

See you there
i can´t on mondays :/ so i will not be there if u don´t change day ;(
#3 - lvlo
Quote from ludde976 :i can´t on mondays :/ so i will not be there if u don´t change day ;(

We can change a day - is not a problem, but we need to make few events in different days to decide which one is better
good
fridays after 19.00:P
#6 - lvlo
6 January 2009: Rules were changed!

See first post for details.
#7 - lvlo
Changes...
Well, life is going on and team races needs some changes
At the moment we have 2 variants of weekly team races evolution...

Variant №1 - keep the week cycle, but add BL1 races and change race's order to: 2 BL2 races and 2 BL1 races with XFG or XRG only (car changes every week)

Variant №2 - make a month cycle:
  • 1st week: Rally race
  • 2nd week: BL1 XFG and XRG races (same order like in rally)
  • 3rd week: 2 long FBM races (20-25 min each)
  • 4th week: S2 race (it will be a good kick to start make it) and demo (Gelin's RallyCross Cup for example)

Variant №3 - if you don't like both variants, post your suggestions here.

Thank you for your time

PS: I added poll for easer voting...
#8 - Rafk
variant of no. 1 is interesting the although variant no. according to me 2 are innovative and also nice. I think that option 1 is however better but option 2 not is also bad. I voted for the solution of no. 1. sorry for my English
I prefer no. 2, a bit more variety, going round the same track every week in more or less the same cars seems a bit repetitive. However most weekdays are not good for me after about 8.30/9pm so I may not be able to attend many.
hi ivalo ... i will go for number 1 ore 2 i dont have s2 licens so i can not race inn the 3 catagory.. sorry but my engelska is not soo good hehe
have a nice day your friend trond
Quote from trond pt racing :hi ivalo ... i will go for number 1 ore 2 i dont have s2 licens so i can not race inn the 3 catagory.. sorry but my engelska is not soo good hehe
have a nice day your friend trond

no chanse geting s2? or even s1
I like all the variants. But i go for variant 2, just like modelmotor said some variety is good because driving the same cars every week gets bored quik
to bad i dont have S2 license
I would probably do them all, exept FBMW. 1 lap in that car and my clutch is broken so.. Good idea.
Supposing we stick to demo races in this series I vote for proposal #1: 4 races a week (for about 10 minutes each) in every XFG/XRG & BL1/BL2 variation. One week start on BL1 with XFG by quali, then race, change cars, no quali, race 2 with XRG in reverse order of race 1 results. Switch track to BL2, quali in XRG, race 3, no quali, race 4 in XFG. Next week change of cars order, the following week change or track order, the 4th one change of both...

Four separate qualifications would be too much time wasted, two (for each track just one) is enough imo. I'd also love to see some added mass implemented based on previous race results to balance the field a bit, to make the races more open, to give even newcomers to BL and XG cars time for adjustment... Howgh.
I was away for a while. I'll try to join wenever I can in anything you decide. Always in demo or S1 (the license I have). Thanks
#16 - Max.
Since i'm not an owner of S2 Licence, only No. 1 is possible for me, but No. 2 seemes good to for those who have the S2 Licence And I'm not racing so much Weekly Race since i'm mostly busy in wednesdays :/ so No. 2 seemes like a good idea
#17 - lvlo
Hey people

Why so much worry have demo players about S2 event? We have Gelin's RallyCross Cup and we can make cup like that one for FBM or/and for XFG&XRG on BL1... and all will be in busyness
As much as I've been enjoying the weekly races, It's good to see lvlo propose some changes before our current format becomes tired.

We're primarily a group of rallycross racers, a number of which use a demo license. Whilst we continue to mainly attract and recruit new members from AA#2 this is unlikely to change anytime soon. Subsequently, a bit of subtle tweaking to the existing event would probably be the most widely accepted solution. Perhaps the addition of a few enduro races may go some way to keep things interesting. We're getting a lot of great close action at the moment, but there's no real regard for race strategies. Concern for engine/suspension/clutch damage or tyre wear is also minimal. It's pretty much all about pushing as hard as you possibly can for the entirety of the race. Making these elements more significant would create a new challenge for quite a few of our group, as the twenty lapper we did after the last round of the Rallycross Cup aptly demonstrated. I'm sure those old timers who remember the enduro series will welcome the chance to do some longer races as well. It proved very popular back then.

The idea of adding BL1 to the mix...from a purely personal perspective, BL1, with demo cars, just doesn't hold my interest any longer. To some extent this is the result of the FBM series. I found I had much more fun going for a spin on S2 tracks which I hadn't previously given much attention to. If I'm going to get off the dirt now, it's to lay down some rubber in S2.

So which direction would I like to see us go in? Let me bring up the FBM series again. A good proportion of my enjoyment was derived from the training sessions. Preparing for each event, on a new and generally unknown track, produced a lot of entertainment thanks to the friendly competition we had working on our lap times. There was also the feeling of more purpose to the racing over the week, as becoming competitive required your time and effort. It didn't matter if you were regularly one second faster than another racer on BL2, if you didn't do your homework they destroyed you on the day. When the event finally turned up it was fresh, exciting and just meant more. So, my personal vote is going to be for us making more of a shift to S2 for weekly team events, where we try out new combinations. I like lvlo's "around the world" idea, and as long as we get a bit of rallycross action packed in there, I think this would be a good starting off point. More connections are available to us on the S2 server, so there are no concerns over issuing guest invites. Other ways to cater for the demo racers can be considered, an expansion of the Rallycross Cup maybe...

Option three for me then.

My idea. ok i knowi picked number one but im stupid and i change my mind all the time.

I think we should to somthing diferent like boost said ENDURO my idea is do enduro in BL1 for 50laps and pit stop thats great fun? take you more than a 1h to complyte fun and its for demos too .

I wish that most of the demos would get s1 license that would be great we could do same enduro races in diferent tracks.

Enduro in no good in rallycross track rally cross track is for short racing.
I`ve voted for nr1.First i wanted nr 2 but then the S2 event will die out(we have S2 racers but max 5 will show up for it).But i like the idea of taking it to BL1 since over the years we havent raced on it with xfgs and xrgs.Also its good to take newcomers out of bl2 and show them the other side of LFS.Maybe after that some will want more S2 licence and force their way to it.

I hope soon we will be able to take our series to S2(TBO;GTR..)We have so many members and everyone who buys S2 takes us one step closer to that dream

We have flying cars there
Attached images
lits4.jpg
#22 - lvlo
Some news...
Hi there

Well, my time of hard racing in LFS is over and I'm leaving post of main-event-maker. Feel free to take ahead if you can and want

[AA] Weekly Race server is closed, all future races can be moved to [AA] AirAttack Racing or [AA] AirAttack Rally. AA#3 and AA#4 probably will be closed too, cause till half of year they are still "black holes" and my connection is good, but not good enough

About weekly races...

Variant 2
was my idea and it is a little bit bigger then I wrote. The main goal as always was to get all things/ideas around AA Team/races together. Let me explain my idea fully:
  • put advertisement about weekly races on all AA servers, which can make easer to find drivers who want to take a part of races.
  • prepare [AA] AirAttack Racing server as training server for S2 event. By this way we will have time to catch good drivers there, because S2 race in the end of month (as was mentioned it can be month of UFBabyR class with final endure race) and server will be alive.
  • Boost can make few short promo videos about races (you are damn good there mate , which can be placed on AA site.
  • you can't get bored too fast when the same races happens once in a month.
  • demo people should take care about demo races (for example, MilkyWayTM could take care FBM races, but it's only my opinion
  • there is undefined status of XFG&XRG BL1 race, cause we don't have such AA server... but it isn't a big problem I think.
  • idea about S2 voucher: in half of year choose best demo driver by weekly race's results and give them S2 license (we can donate and it will not cost much for each person)...
That's all at the moment. See you friends
Are you going to be joining those races or you away for whole life from lfs?
#24 - lvlo
Will see...
#25 - lvlo
Damn english... Where did you find so much pathetic in my words?

I'm just saying that my time of deep discover in LFS is over. Of cause I will race from time to time, but I don't have any wish to race/make events in the near future. Hope all is clear now

UPD: and I just explained all my ideas if somebody will want to pick up them...

Demo Rally Team Races - Announcements
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG