The online racing simulator
Drifting Help (Replay)
(9 posts, started )
Drifting Help (Replay)
I've been drifting in LFS for awhile now. What I need help with is maintaining a long drift (around the circular part), and not going into grass and gravel and such, (staying the same distance from the curve). I don't know when to clutch/ebrake very good either. Please give me some tips.
PS: I use mouse, and automatic, though I can use manual too.
Edit: Added 2ndone.spr, I am still having trouble with longer turns, they take more than one drift for me.
Attached files
Helpmeplease.spr - 88.2 KB - 182 views
2ndone.spr - 84.3 KB - 188 views
I think you need more speed for corners but the circular part is going wrong because your going a bad line. Try pressing 4 next time once then follow the line while drifting the circular part and practise.
EDIT: I think buying a forcefeed back wheel would help you.
Thanks, I didn't know about that.
Added "2ndone.spr", I am still having trouble with longer turns, they take more than one drift for me.
Hm i really think you countersteer too much you really need a good wheel to drift with.
I watched the first replay, and I think I have the answer for your problems.

First of all, your inputs are too harsh. I play on a mouse during this time (I had a G25, but I'm not at home until June ) and you really need to be smooth with it. As someone said above, you countersteer too much, but also too fast.

And this leads to another issue, your set seems to be way too understeery. You need a really oversteery set, both on and off power, in the suspension, the wheels settings as well (but don't go yet to supers in front). I won't explain why, but you could be able to figure it out by yourself
Quote from Zen321 :I watched the first replay, and I think I have the answer for your problems.

First of all, your inputs are too harsh. I play on a mouse during this time (I had a G25, but I'm not at home until June ) and you really need to be smooth with it. As someone said above, you countersteer too much, but also too fast.

And this leads to another issue, your set seems to be way too understeery. You need a really oversteery set, both on and off power, in the suspension, the wheels settings as well (but don't go yet to supers in front). I won't explain why, but you could be able to figure it out by yourself

Thanks, to you and Tonttula. I've been countersteering less, and I seem to be getting better, I'll post another replay later. You say I need an oversteery set, do you have any I could try? Thanks.
Quote from Stynax :PS: I use mouse, and automatic, though I can use manual too.

not a good start, control with gears is extremely helpful.
btw linking corners is always an issue of bad line and bad angle control, bad line is purely down to driver, angle control can sometimes be helped with setup.

Drifting Help (Replay)
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG