The online racing simulator
Force feedback wheel Running off 30V instead of 12v :)
My very faithful Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel just took 30 volts to its circuit, why you say? I'll tell you...

I went to plug in my wheel just before and noticed the steering to be unbelievably tough, I could barely move the wheel.

I thought it might be a driver thing, but then noticed the power connection to the steering wheel was in fact the printer, and to my amazement it gives out 30 volts.

I checked the voltage on the steering wheel power adaptor and it said "12 volts"

I could not believe it, it still works perfectly on the proper 12 volt supply, i would have assumed that the steering wheel would have fried circuits

My funny story for the day
It wouldent fry right away, but I wouldent run it that high for long. Ususaly DC motors can take up to 150% thier rated current without harm. The smaller ones can take upto 200% sometimes, but they heat up quickly.

I used to run all of my 3v creations on 4.5v for extra speed, so I have alot of experiance in over powering things. I ususaly know what will work and what will fry.

30v into a 12v motor will heat up very quickly, and in possibly as short as 5 minuts it will start to burn the motor. Keep it to long and it will catch fire.

This coming from someone who put 110 AC through a 12v motor to see what would actualy happen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG