The online racing simulator
What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
Quote :And the queen visited our secondary school, 'cept twas a year before I started there.

I had tea with the Queen.

Psychosis is great, you get to meet all sorts of famous people.
I thought of another...Bit shite though...

I saw Eddie Jordan at a Roger Waters concert.
Oh I saw Eddie drive past me in the street with Brian Heart in the car (Heart Engineering where near where I used to live) I had my Jordan cap on at the time from the previous years GP and he tooted the horn and waved . And unlike when I met the Queen, that wasnt psychosis ! :P
Just remember me, and in future you can mention me as your claim to fame.
Quote from MARSH2a :
I've partied with these guys after they made it big...
Darius Rucker, Mark Bryan, Dean Felber & Jim Sonefeld.
My wifes cousin married Mark Bryan. We spent an all expenses paid week on the beach with them the week of the wedding We've been to private parties hosted by Dan Patrick (from ESPN) for charity golf benefits where the Blowfish were just some of the celebrities.

My wife's cousin ended up divorcing Mark Bryan a couple years ago, seemed like all the members had divorces after they made it big.
We learned today, my wife's cousin married Jim Sonefeld (Sonny) this past week end... what a Yoko!
Sorry for the big bump but i was intrigued by S14's revelation in someones signature that he once bumpstarted barry sheene.
My main one is from back in 2001 when i was sat in my living room at my parents house where i lived at the time, and as i glanced out of the patio doors, a brand spanking new merc pulled up on the concrete outside the big farm building about 20 yards away behind the house. Nothing major at this point, just a smart car. Until, none other than jeremy clarkson climbed out, closely followed by a big van and a film crew.

I sat and watched from inside the house for a bit, being polite and not wanting to inturrupt until he had finished filming.

Once he had done, I went outside and stood at the fence, and he saw me and we had a little chat, mainly just said hello, he asked my name, etc..

I also know tracey barnwell, who appeared in the uk version of Big Brother in 2007 (BB8) she used to work with my mum a few years ago, plus she also frequents one of the pubs where i drink as well.
My Great Grandfather recieved many medals before and after WW1. He was nominated for a Victoria Cross for his bravery during the Battle of Jutland. He was also in the IRA (the good one ), and he closely missed an assasination attempt - due to him walking home a different route than usual.

My Great Great Grand Uncle was one of the Molly Maguires, Alexander Campbell. It is his hand of innocence on that prison wall. Unfortunately he was hung.
edit: irrelevant.
I was rejected when I asked for autographs from Paul Ince and Paolo Di Canio!

I did however, talk to Marlon King and get his autograph and shook his hand. (He used to play for Gillingham before making it big in the premiership.)
in 2004, some friends and I sat in front of a stage in Berlin on a cultural festival when our now chancellor Angela Merkel appaered on that stage to hold a little speech. And we had nothing better to do then starting to chant (funny) slogans against her party
- I was on the New Jersey State Junior Pistol Team for the National Pistol Championship at Camp Perry, Ohio from 2004-2007 (2 years as a firing member, 2 years as a non-firing coach/captain when I got too old to shoot on the team). We never won anything, though.

- I met and had my photo taken with the 8-time national pistol champion, Brian Zins, formerly a member of the US Marine Corps Pistol Team.

- I think my father's name appears quite a bit in the UNIX operating system source code. If not he's at least contributed to it extensively over the years.

- My grandfather worked on the guidance system for the Nike missile defense project.

- I know a number of fellow motorcycle track riders who are good friends with a number of AMA Superbike riders.
oops
^^^^^I know this loser^^^^^^
^^^^^I know this loser^^^^^^
Same here. He always starts to dance when he sees me.
got into the metro ( irish paper ) for my efforts during the dublin roits...

That was fun.
-I was on the news at 11 wishing a Canucks player good luck with his injury...
-My great grandfather flew airmail over the rockies in the 1930`s and was in a newspaper...
-I was on the news again because I had to be evac`d from my apartment, drug lab found on 9th floor...
Quote from Nissan_Lover :-I was on the news again because I had to be evac`d from my apartment, drug lab found on 9th floor...

Don't be afraid to tell us the drug lab was yours
lol, I live on the 7th.

edit: It was my great great great great grandfather who flew the fist airmail cross country, but crashed after leaving Regina. There is even a monument made out of the wreckage in Saskatchewan.

Name's David Imrie.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/1938/1938-44.htm
I made it to a nation-wide magazine (photo and all) for the business I work in (until today) after a party on Cyprus
Quote from theirishnoob :got into the metro ( irish paper ) for my efforts during the dublin roits...

That was fun.

hmmmmmm....................... I wonder
I went to school with Mick Doohan. Well actually, IIRC he was hardly ever at school most of the time. Always riding bikes. My best mate lived next door to him for many years. His brother Scotty was quite a good local rider too - much better than I unfortunately.

I don't feel special from brushes with famous people, but it's interesting to see people who were once your peers become very successful in their chosen field. It's encouraging.

I have another claim to fame which is a bit more exciting, but I can't speak of it, sorry.
I have been on TV twice.
One time in Texarkana, Texas (born there) when we were there on the christmas parade the local news camera zoomed me in while my mother was holding me.
You could really see me drool

Second time was here in Sweden when we had so many christmas lights so the local news was interested and I had to speak to the camera while biting in my jacket because I was so nervous.
About 12 years old back then.

A few months ago I had both the front page and 2 pages in the newspaper about pinball.
And I was up on the internet too and a video.

2 PDF files are located here:
http://www.svenskaflippersalls ... aartikel.php?artikelid=44
1st is the left page and the second is the right page.

God I hate showing myself, so embarressed of myself
Quote from Tim_J_23 :I have been on TV twice.
One time in Texarkana, Texas (born there) when we were there on the christmas parade the local news camera zoomed me in while my mother was holding me.
You could really see me drool

Second time was here in Sweden when we had so many christmas lights so the local news was interested and I had to speak to the camera while biting in my jacket because I was so nervous.
About 12 years old back then.

A few months ago I had both the front page and 2 pages in the newspaper about pinball.
And I was up on the internet too and a video.

2 PDF files are located here:
http://www.svenskaflippersalls ... aartikel.php?artikelid=44
1st is the left page and the second is the right page.

God I hate showing myself, so embarressed of myself

So do you generally prefer Bally or Williams machines?
Quote from Gunn :I went to school with Mick Doohan. Well actually, IIRC he was hardly ever at school most of the time. Always riding bikes. My best mate lived next door to him for many years. His brother Scotty was quite a good local rider too - much better than I unfortunately.

I don't feel special from brushes with famous people, but it's interesting to see people who were once your peers become very successful in their chosen field. It's encouraging.

I have another claim to fame which is a bit more exciting, but I can't speak of it, sorry.

Heh, cool. I saw a bunch of old friends from high school recently and they were all shocked when I told them I'm racing motorcycles.
Quote from Gunn :So do you generally prefer Bally or Williams machines?

Yes I generally prefer those.
Although Gottlieb/Capcom has made some good pinballs although not gold worthy.
And so with DE (Data East). Pretty good games there too.

For Sega and those spain manefacturers (dunno how to spell that) havn't made the best games imo ...

What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG