The online racing simulator
iPhone price drop by £100
(29 posts, started )
Hi, just saw an advert than the iPhone has been dropped in price to make it affordable and to buy it as a gift cheap.

So, i researched it on the internet, and seen loads of articles, that it's £180 for the 8Gb 3G model.
However i don't know where to order it from,
I want to order it now, so it would be great if i could have a link;

Thanks
Harjun
#2 - Jakg
£180 seems a "reasonable" price but even so it's a little silly to get it on PAYG.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Quote from Jakg :£180 seems a "reasonable" price but even so it's a little silly to get it on PAYG.

well, it CAN be unlocked, for a contract sim. Simple like that i guess; sort of the reason i want to buy it otherwise i have to get one factory unlocked from ebay for like £400.
#4 - Jakg
Why not just go with O2?
Quote from Jakg :Why not just go with O2?

contract ends in march and i preferably want an iphone now, plus my contract with Orange is way better than any on O2.
I so want an iPhone. And my current XDA Mini S is dying now - the screen's gone all funny, the memory car isn't always detected, and too much playing Patience has stopped the touch screen working in places.

But I use it with TomTom and a Bluetooth GPS, and I don't want to miss TomTom. So I'm faced with getting an 8GB iPhone (I don't need 16GB as I won't fill 8GB ever), and then trying to get a separate TomTom.

Does anyone know which TomTom to go for that I can update the maps and software on myself, and that might work with a Bluetooth GPS reciever (as sometimes I'm using the TomTom from a point that doesn't have line-of-sight of the sky (e.g. in a coach or motorhome)).

Either that or I buy a new XDA Mini S to use solely as a TomTom, and an iPhone to use as my usual PhonePDA.
i just wanna know where i can buy this £180 iphone which i've seen in the iPhone 3G advert on TV
#8 - P1lot
Quote from tristancliffe :ISo I'm faced with getting an 8GB iPhone (I don't need 16GB as I won't fill 8GB ever), and then trying to get a separate TomTom.

What about a Nokia N95 (standard, or 8GB), or N96. They use S60 OS, TomTom is available for that. I don't know if your existing version is compatible. They also can be connected to an external GPS via bluetooth.

I bought a second hand N95 cheap, just use the internal GPS but there are several Sat Nav programs available. Love the phone, got Wi-Fi as well and a tonne of other 3rd party programs (instead of iPhone's controlling who can release programs)
Quote from harjun :i just wanna know where i can buy this £180 iphone which i've seen in the iPhone 3G advert on TV

Why don't you try looking then? Last time I heard there where 2 places that sold it, O2 and Carphone Warhouse. I got mine (ages ago when it came out) from Carphone Warehouse as I got £60 cashback.
Quote from P1lot :What about a Nokia N95 (standard, or 8GB), or N96. They use S60 OS, TomTom is available for that. I don't know if your existing version is compatible. They also can be connected to an external GPS via bluetooth.

I bought a second hand N95 cheap, just use the internal GPS but there are several Sat Nav programs available. Love the phone, got Wi-Fi as well and a tonne of other 3rd party programs (instead of iPhone's controlling who can release programs)

They're options I guess. Not been a fan of the Symbian OS since I last had a Nokia. I just don't see the Nokias as an iPhone alternative. I'll probably hold off on buying a dedicated TomTom until after Christmas, but the phone has got to happen in the next day or two. It's been four years or so since I last upgraded, so I think I'm allowed this one!

Not sure I like iTunes, or the general Apple lack of quality in terms of battery life and included stuff. The App Store is nice in a way, but also intensely irritating. I may have to go to a few phone shops and see what I can find. I hate buying these things online where you can't get an opinion (even if it's biased - my bullshit detector is pretty good), and you can't try before you buy.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's been four years or so since I last upgraded, so I think I'm allowed this one!

Seven here. Roll on the next seven. I'll use this until it breaks or they change the network protocol.
So would I. But my screen started leaking yesterday (for some reason - maybe the electric sander I was using on my hallway walls upset it in my pocket?). I'd estimate it'll be useless within a couple of days, so I'd like to get a new phone sorted and activated ASAP, rather than be without a phone that I use quite a lot instead of a land line.
Tristan, I can only say that iTunes on Windows immensely sucks (slow, bloated, etcera). For some reason the Mac version runs a lot nicer... I just hope you don't get caught in these hour "backups" that happen in small cases of iPhone/iPod Touch (NOT iTOUCH YOU ****ING WANKERS!) users.
Quote from dawesdust_12 : these hour "backups" that happen in small cases of iPhone/iPod Touch

Is that because error reporting was on? I turned mine off after reports of it speeding up backup a lot. Still takes ages though.
Quote from harjun :Hi, just saw an advert than the iPhone has been dropped in price to make it affordable and to buy it as a gift cheap.

So, i researched it on the internet, and seen loads of articles, that it's £180 for the 8Gb 3G model.
However i don't know where to order it from,
I want to order it now, so it would be great if i could have a link;

Thanks
Harjun

£180 is not cheap - Regardless of what it is for.
Quote from P1lot :What about a Nokia N95 (standard, or 8GB), or N96. They use S60 OS, TomTom is available for that. I don't know if your existing version is compatible. They also can be connected to an external GPS via bluetooth.

My Dad has an N95 and he hates it, doesn't like the way the phone fuctions, so basically overall he hates the phone. It is pointless getting the N96 as its just the N95 in another case with more memory, might aswell just get a N95 8GB and buy a 8GB memory card. Or another option would be is to get the Samsung Omnia or a phone similar to the Omnia.

Quote :I so want an iPhone. And my current XDA Mini S is dying now - the screen's gone all funny, the memory car isn't always detected, and too much playing Patience has stopped the touch screen working in places.

My XDA Mini S screen start to break in certain places aswell, was a good phone. I am thinking of saving up for an Iphone but dont know yet as I want to save up for driving lessons more and plus have to pay the contract for my K850i when I get a job
Quote from S14 DRIFT :£180 is not cheap - Regardless of what it is for.

maybe not for you

I reckon it'll be about a week before i can get it.
Not for anyone.

Oh but I forgot, you go to the 3rd bestest school in all of England, so you have loads of money.

Not going there with you - I really can't be bothered.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Not for anyone.

Oh but I forgot, you go to the 3rd bestest school in all of England, so you have loads of money.

Not going there with you - I really can't be bothered.

Then don't start provokative posts like the one below. It's that simple. All I'm going to say.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :£180 is not cheap - Regardless of what it is for.

That's not provokative.

Simply saying that many people cannot afford £180 for a mobile phone. Hell, if I didn't use my phone as an MP3 player I'd still be using my trusty 3310! Complete with molyphonic ringtones. I'm not sure how long you've been actively involved in the forums, but if it was for any length of time you'd know that our dear harjun has a habbit regarding talking about money like it's nothing. I wasn't trying to cause an argument when I posted here. I just wanted him to realise that how he's worded it (and what he probbably means) shows that money is nothing to him - Especially when he hasn't earnt it.

Eitherway, as I've said. - I don't want to start an argument - I will not be back to this threadd..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's not provokative.

Simply saying that many people cannot afford £180 for a mobile phone. Hell, if I didn't use my phone as an MP3 player I'd still be using my trusty 3310! Complete with molyphonic ringtones. I'm not sure how long you've been actively involved in the forums, but if it was for any length of time you'd know that our dear harjun has a habbit regarding talking about money like it's nothing. I wasn't trying to cause an argument when I posted here. I just wanted him to realise that how he's worded it (and what he probbably means) shows that money is nothing to him - Especially when he hasn't earnt it.

Eitherway, as I've said. - I don't want to start an argument - I will not be back to this threadd..

Well put. Harjun does talk like money is nothing to him.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Our dear harjun has a habbit regarding talking about money like it's nothing.

There's your reason to why that post would be provokative. Think about it... Anyway i think it's a plan of action getting outta this thread quick-time .
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm not sure how long you've been actively involved in the forums, but if it was for any length of time you'd know that our dear harjun has a habbit regarding talking about money like it's nothing.

Great, and you follow up nearly every one of his posts as if money is everything. I find that considerably more annoying than him taking it lightly.
-
(S14 DRIFT) DELETED by S14 DRIFT : nvm not going there.
well, this money's actually from winning an ipod touch raffle, which i later sold for £200...so how do you know where the money's come from?

I think im going to buy the iphone as a gift for my sister, she needs a phone as she lost her other one.

Harjun
I have the Nokia N85 and it is a GREAT phone. So much better than my old N95. If you liked the N95, you will love the N85.

THIS is what persuaded me to get the N85.

For some reason, a very under rated phone. Simply because the N96 was advertised a lot more than the N85.

I got it on O2, with 1200 minutes, unlimited texts, Sat Nav shizzle for free rather than having to pay for it, comes in handy and I got £50 cash back.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG