The online racing simulator
Hidden mode
(9 posts, started )
Hidden mode
Ok, sorry if this has been suggested already, but I couldn't find anything like it.

So, I'm suggesting a mode in LFS, that allows LFS users to hide their online status, so noone can find where they are racing. Just make it so lfsworld reports you as offline(presuming lfsworld is the right place to talk about here... if not, then please correct me :shy. Also it would be great if this has a 2nd options - not to show you even in the server list when somebody is searching the hosts list(maybe just display ----- or simply "hidden").. In almost every instant messanger/website/forum or whatever more online you want there is an option to hide your online status.

It all comes from this: From time to time there is a period when we don't want to see or talk to someone, but want to be able to contact with other people, so we need to make the right people think we are offline, while the others know your real status.

And to remind you: I already apologized, because I am not sure if there is a suggestion like this(at least, I, couldn't find any), so any flaming would be inappropriate, imo.

Thanks.
I think this is a great idea it would be helpful for coders when making insims as we can have people not knowing we are online and asking to come into our private testing servers.
Nice idea. However, there would be some problems whether to include them to the number of racers connected or not.
Quote from Azzano62 :I think this is a great idea it would be helpful for coders when making insims as we can have people not knowing we are online and asking to come into our private testing servers.

Develop your InSim app(s) on a host in /usemaster=no or /usemaster=hidden mode
Quote from morpha :Develop your InSim app(s) on a host in /usemaster=no or /usemaster=hidden mode

What if you want to show it to a friend? With /usemaster=hidden people can still see you're online, and may find it rude. With /usemaster=no others can't connect, and if you want to show it to a friend the simple logic tells me, that you would like to be in the server to see their reaction and tell them what the commands are and how to use them, etc..

@Flame CZE : As I said, include them in the number of connections but hide their usernames, wherever a username is needed to be shown, except the connection list that you see while racing/spectating in the server.
Quote from broken :What if you want to show it to a friend? With /usemaster=hidden people can still see you're online, and may find it rude.

Seriously? You're worried about people finding it rude that you develop something that's not ready for live use on a private/hidden server? If someone asks and you don't want them in, how about a simple "no"?
There really is no point in having regular users on the server while developing, unless you need them for testing or just to have company. Learn to say no and just let people be offended if they are

Although I agree that it's silly to show someone as online who's on a hidden server, should be reported to Victor if he doesn't read it here
When you have noobs bugging you to see your insim yes i do care as me and broken often test our insims with each other and we get people asking us on msn if they can connect when in the first place its supposed to be a secret it does get very annoying when they then spam your msn and when you block them they tell another person to ask us to unblock them.
Quote from Azzano62 :When you have noobs bugging you to see your insim yes i do care as me and broken often test our insims with each other and we get people asking us on msn if they can connect when in the first place its supposed to be a secret it does get very annoying when they then spam your msn and when you block them they tell another person to ask us to unblock them.

That must be some serious shit
yeah it is lol

Hidden mode
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG