The online racing simulator
Wireless connection problem on Dell netbook
Hi all.

I have a problem on my wife's netbook, the wireless connection has suddenly stopped working properly.
If i try to connect, i search for a connection, which it finds succesfully with an excellent signal strength, then i hit the connect button once i've highlighted the connection and pop in the passkey. The problem starts when it then attempts to retrieve an ip address, it just doesn't get one, then tells me there's 'limited or no connectivity'.
I don't think there's a problem with my netgear modem/router, as the DHCP is switched on and serves out ip address' for fun to my laptop, PS3, PSP & mobile phone.
I've so far tried restarting the modem/router (including resetting to factory settings)and uninstalling the drivers for the wireless card and installing them again (both with original and the latest drivers). I've also tried setting an ip address manually but with no success. I've tried the 'repair' button, i've tried ipconfig /renew in cmd, nothing i can think of seems to work.

All was working fine until a couple of days before we went on holiday, when the connection just stopped with no explanation, but now we're back and i'm trying to get it sorted...

So does anyone have anything else i could try? or does it sound like i should take the machine back (it's only 2 months old)
It's a Dell Inspiron 1010 if thats of any help...

Thanks for any help

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if i plug the netbook into the network with a patch lead, it connects and retrieves an ip in moments...
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Bob Smith : change the tune!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG