The online racing simulator
Suggestion: Private Message Visual Alert
Just a small suggestion for when we receive a PM from another user on the forum.

It would be good if the PM box at the top right of the forum page changed colour to alert the user that they have a PM. I find it very easy to miss messages when all that happens is a 0 changing to a 1.

On RSC and dSRC forums that PM box has been adapted so that when you get a message it becomes highlighted. So it is very nice and obvious

Would be handy if that could be implemented here too.

Thanks
yeah good idea
Doesn't the message box that pops up tell you? I find I can't miss it
Quote from tristancliffe :Doesn't the message box that pops up tell you? I find I can't miss it

errr... no?
Have you checked this?
Attached images
example.jpg
I use to get a popup box when I had a new message, but the last 2 messages I didn't get the popup. But perhaps I didn't ever get it here though. I frequent so many forums anymore that I can't remember which one I'm on sometimes. So forgive me in the future if I get on this forum forgetting which one I'm on and ask about syncronizing my bike's carbs or doing the Hodge mod to the carbs and exhaust or something illepall .
Just tested it, and it seems like the popup message is broken
The pop up works for me, and the last time i got a PM was.......yesterday? No the day before. Someone send me a pm saying test
Quote from tristancliffe :Doesn't the message box that pops up tell you? I find I can't miss it

fair enough, i didnt have the pop-up box ticked. but this could also be affected by pop-up blockers could it not?

anyway, some colour would be nice

@tristan: oh btw, your new avatar is sooo 2005 like bob says! and it makes you look a bit like a chav! which you obviously arent seeing as you are mr minted and actually participating in higher education.
Quote from mrbogeyman :@tristan: oh btw, your new avatar is sooo 2005 like bob says! and it makes you look a bit like a chav! which you obviously arent seeing as you are mr minted and actually participating in higher education.

*loads paint shop pro*
lol but i see you copied bob.....he must be a trend set-er
No copy here (other than having my name and team in the avatar), and if I do look like a chav, now you can't tell (cos of the helmet).
good, my face is ugly enough with out adding yours

bobs was just freaky
concept++;

To be honest, just making the privmsg area yellow would do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG