The online racing simulator
MOMO Racing serious issue
(11 posts, started )
Hi!

Today my MOMO Racing wheel decided to break down...

Firstly, I was racing on a public server, and my wheel suddenly switched off, none of the leds were green. I restarted my computer, and tried to put plug the cable into another USB port..Nothing happened.. Than I hit the wheel ( I was a bit angry ) and it worked again...For about 5 minutes

I thought it would be a contact problem, so I picked off the bottom of the wheel. I got my WD40 and and blew the connections with it... Then I put its bottom back, and tried it... Windows doesn't identify the MOVEMENT of the wheel, it shows if it would just be kept in the middle. I turn the wheel, but nothing happens... Pedals are fine, the leds are green.

If anyone knows what the problem can be, please post is here.

Thanks in advance
in case you did not do yet, check whether the power plugs are fitted correctly. (you can keep hitting your momo btw... mine got punched constantly and never stopped working. ) edit: meh, guess i misread quite a bit. :/
Yeah, I unplugged all the connections on the panel, checked and cleared them, and plugged them back. The wheel inside is clearer than the behinds of a baby

Probably the panel is broken, cause when I touch it, the force feedback keeps working so fast... Or IDK whatever it can be
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah, I unplugged all the connections on the panel, checked and cleared them, and plugged them back. The wheel inside is clearer than the behinds of a baby

Probably the panel is broken, cause when I touch it, the force feedback keeps working so fast... Or IDK whatever it can be

mondjad neki az alaplapos storyt is, biztos egy zseni!
I think the wd40 has wrecked it, Its meant for cars n hinges, not electronics. Did u let it dry out before u tried to use it again?
The panel is dry, I mentioned that I cleared that. That's not covered with WD40. I don't believe that the WD40 broke it down. A contact spray?!
OK, here are 2 pics attached. The second one is provided with some info... Please help if you can
Attached images
mo1.jpg
mo2.jpg
Noone?
Well, if the FFB is going mad when your touching that part, than there must be a dodgy connection somewhere. Providing you want to fix it yourself, check over all the electronics for loose wiring/soldering/connections and if need be, fix where neccesary.

If all else fails, then get the wheel fixed/replaced.

Look at it this way, at least it is an excuse to upgrade to teh hotnezz of the G25
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
Look at it this way, at least it is an excuse to upgrade to teh hotnezz of the G25

Yeah, I almost tried everything, I'll have to prepare for my final exams in May/June, and then G25 comes to me Till that, pause in LFS
Quote from Töki (HUN) :OK, here are 2 pics attached. The second one is provided with some info... Please help if you can

Can you make a pic from the oher side off the PCB ?. I think you have a bad connection from component to PCB.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG