The online racing simulator
Views
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Nobo
Views
Yesterday i dicussed with some other racers in our voice chat, that it would be cool to drive the races in the chasing view, like in the old rally game days. There is only one problem why we cant do it, there is no mirror. Does anyone know a possibility to add this wide mirror to this view? That would be great.

Mike
Would be useful to know!!!!!
#3 - Nobo
Yeah, and it would be a suggestion to the developers if that is not possible until now. I think a lot of racers would like it!
you can get a mirror at the top of the screen from the outide views if thats what you want...

I use it as I race from on top of the roll bar, helps my accuracy...

I'll go find how to use it...I cant remember straight off my head..
I think if you make a 'custom view' it is possible to use a mirror.
Press Shift+M once you've made your custom view

Then again i might be completly wrong, i thought i heard someone on about it at RSC before. It's worth a go!
#6 - Nobo
I know i can create this custom view, but the problem is, that the camera folllows the car, and the max distance is very low...and almost impossible to drive... ...I read every FAQ and used the Forum search, but didnt find any solution. Can't be a big programming work to include this screen in the external view
no i dont think its a big programming problem. it's more of a 'reality' problem. it's not very realistic, although neither is driving from the front wheels....
#8 - Nobo
But if the programmers argue on this way, why do you have this center screen in the formula cars? It would really help to get some better racing, especially on the oval, where i spent a lot of my time!
So doesn't seems that there is possibility to do this
I really want to know that, too.

The free-camera view is too static

i need more dynamic like it is in chase view.
Please, can a programer please answer? Why can´t we have a mirror in the chase-view?
Quote from Crazy Harry :Please, can a programer please answer? Why can´t we have a mirror in the chase-view?

Because it hasn't been programmed.
Why you want to drive from the chase view? Go to play NFS Most Wanted or something if you don't like cockpit views...

Views
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG