The online racing simulator
Custom Music?
(18 posts, started )
Custom Music?
Is it possible to import your own MP3/WMA files to LFS so you can listen to your own music while driving?
I know there is a file to download from the LFS website whith some music...but It'd be awesome if I could add my own tracks.

Anyone know how to do this, or is it impossable?

Thanks,

~Wolf =3
They have to be in ogg. format and put in your ogg folder
Get audacity
#3 - Kdovi
Quote :TIP: The music files of LFS are in OGG Vorbis format. You can create your own music files using a freeware encoder available at www.vorbis.com or using Audacity. To play the songs back within LFS they have to be in the ..\Data\Ogg directory.

(quote from lfsmanual.net)
edit: I hate you Dalek :P
Isn't this in the wrong place.....? Shouldn't this be in 'Technical Assisstance'.....?
when u put the music in the file how do u get it to play in da game
Ingame, go to Audio>>Channel>>New>>Name>>Select Music file
alright tnx dalek
Quote from Dalek0220 :Ingame, go to Audio>>Channel>>New>>Name>>Select Music file

i did all of it up to Name. i couldn't find Select music file anywhere, I put my own music in the LFS\data\ogg file but it only plays the setupscreenloop and entry which were there already. Do i need to download some sort of program for it to work?
...or you could just run Winamp or something.
No,no,no, You have to select a your music, In ogg format.
I think you have to create a channel first in settings/audio/channels. At least I couldn't put any ingame music until i toyed with the channels first.

I have to say the channel thing is bit mysterious and I found it much easier to use some normal player at the background. I use Winamp and for me it has absolutely no effect in game fps. Besides that way you can have more control over the player, get feedback from the player and you can use any format (as long as the player supports it) and even listen to the internet radio.
yea thats what i did.
Just be careful that the .ogg file name, isn't too long, otherwise LFS won't play it.
As the others said already, use WinAMP and Global hotkeys. Maybe you can even map the hotkeys to your wheel. I havn't tried as I don't have a wheel (yet). Does that work? Has anyone tried that?
ok, so can anyone post any links to where i can dowload this Vcom?

Custom Music?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG