The online racing simulator
Server Disconnects - Urgent help needed
During a ConeDodgers LFS: GTR League qualifiyer today we had 6 people disconnect after a "Sync Lost" and seperate occations single people lost their connection with a "MP Relpay Stack".

Can anyone please tell me what these are and if they can be fixed.

The server is from 500Servers and they assure me it is nothing to do with them and it is most probably either a user with a poor internet connection or a bug in the LFS Net code.

Thanks
Sorry for threadjacking, but I think we have a similar problem.

The Leauge Of The Americas experienced similar disconnects last night. We had 17 drivers in a server. As best as we can tell, we had one driver, that we know of, on a wireless connection. He had lagged out earlier in the evening. During the race, he began lagging out again. After about 20-30 seconds, he timed out, and about 10 more disconnected. The message for each of the subsequent disconnects was "Sync late".

All of our competitors are within 2 timezones of our servers, which are located in St. Louis, Missouri and are supplied by VSK Server Rentals. FYI...we had two servers running last nigth (both from VSK), and only the one had problems.

Server settings:
The config PPS was set to 4,
No InSim relay active.
Dedi server version S2 U20.

Any thoughts?
I have been told that the "MP Relpay Stack" is concerning recording replays.

LFSTech says
"Out of stash space can appear on guests if replays are being recorded (not only if auto save is on). Out of stash space isn’t a great problem in itself, it only affects the MP Replay. But it is a sign that there is lag on the server"

Can someone explain why a user gets a MP Relpay Stack error and then loss of connection so he is no longer on the server. about a second later you get a message saying "MP Relpay Stack recovered" so is this a server thing.
#4 - filur
Quote from the_angry_angel :The "MP replay stash" is the multiplayer stack which stores the information used to create an mpr. When this needs to be recovered its (probably) because the stash is about to overflow. Therefore you can work it out as a client side thing.

Perhaps LFS is waiting for data from a client who is lagging. While waiting, LFS is probably already storing new (later) data from non-lagging clients. If the waiting takes too long, LFS needs to flush / recover the stack to prevent a buffer overflow, ie. storing more data then the allocated space can hold.

Quote from birder :If this is client related should it not happen all the time?

It probably requires pretty severe amounts of lag, if it were to happen all the time i'm pretty sure it would've been looked into a bit more.
#5 - ebola
Quote from filur :Perhaps LFS is waiting for data from a client who is lagging. While waiting, LFS is probably already storing new (later) data from non-lagging clients. If the waiting takes too long, LFS needs to flush / recover the stack to prevent a buffer overflow, ie. storing more data then the allocated space can hold.

It probably requires pretty severe amounts of lag, if it were to happen all the time i'm pretty sure it would've been looked into a bit more.

I get these messages all the time and I have never disconnected that I can remember in fact it doesnt seem effect anything at all.
#6 - filur
Quote from ebola :I get these messages all the time and I have never disconnected that I can remember in fact it doesnt seem effect anything at all.

The messages are (probably) caused by the client who is lagging, they do not necessarily mean it's you who's lagging or is about to get disconnected.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG