The online racing simulator
No F1 @ Indy in '08
(112 posts, started )
Quote from Mustafur :It will be way too hard for teams to adjust to it though, becuase they came from proper race curcuits providing downforce, curcuit tyres and such, to an oval track which only has left hand high speed turns, and anyway curcuits are way safer and with a car like a F1 safety always comes first.

Ya I'll agree with u there. Oval racing for open wheel is incredibly dangerous.

Well my question comes back again.......Talladega Infield?
Quote from Mustafur :anyway curcuits are way safer and with a car like a F1 safety always comes first.

Meh. There are places like Indy that are just tragedies waiting to happen with their racing line being so far from the wall and the speeds so high, but I find it hard to believe that even a well sorted modern F1 track is "safer" than a place like Bristol with modern barriers. Keep in mind that oval racing in the US is conducted in vehicles that are less safe for the driver to begin with.
Quote from skiingman :Meh. There are places like Indy that are just tragedies waiting to happen with their racing line being so far from the wall and the speeds so high, but I find it hard to believe that even a well sorted modern F1 track is "safer" than a place like Bristol with modern barriers. Keep in mind that oval racing in the US is conducted in vehicles that are less safe for the driver to begin with.

Oval racing itself if more dangerous because of the momentum and speed. Plus it's easier have a high impact crash in an oval race, Mike Harmon anyone?

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72M7ZyDQZ8
I'd love to see them race F1 at NHIS

(New Hampshire International Speedway)

Short course, but fun with F1.

IDK if all the cars would fit lol.
Quote from ToxicKlay :I'd love to see them race F1 at NHIS

(New Hampshire International Speedway)

Short course, but fun with F1.

IDK if all the cars would fit lol.

If fourty-three 3400 pound stock cars can fit, how cant ~30 F1 cars fit? (sorry, i dont know exactly how many race at once)
Quote from ToxicKlay :IDK if all the cars would fit lol.

Ummm, can u clarify what you mean by that?
Quote from lizardfolk :Oval racing itself if more dangerous because of the momentum and speed. Plus it's easier have a high impact crash in an oval race, Mike Harmon anyone?

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72M7ZyDQZ8

Plus dirty air will provide alot of problems such as under steer which will most likely lead to a crash..
Quote from Mustafur :Plus dirty air will provide alot of problems such as under steer which will most likely lead to a crash..

Have you ever even been to a short track?

Bristol != KY Oval. There are lots of open wheel cars with wings that have operated at short tracks in "dirty air" without killing anyone. There are hundreds of tracks in the US that specialize in such racing.
Quote from skiingman :Have you ever even been to a short track?

Bristol != KY Oval. There are lots of open wheel cars with wings that have operated at short tracks in "dirty air" without killing anyone. There are hundreds of tracks in the US that specialize in such racing.

Ooooook Bristol DOES NOT = KY Oval. Bristol is only .533 miles with two turns while Kyoto is 1.9 miles with 3 turns (not including that little bend).

I seriously doubt Bristol is ment to handle open wheel racing considered it's so small. F1 drivers would have their hands full braking. In fact, Nascar drivers are already having a hard time maintaining their line with the heavy duty breaking. I've also raced there in Nascar 2003 and rFactor, and if you have a fast car you cannot go full throttle anywhere on the track.
Quote from skiingman :Have you ever even been to a short track?

You fail to realise how much dirty air comes from F1 cars, these are not normal open wheelers these are the most sophisticated peices of machinery in the world of motor sport. Dirty air comes into effect on tight corners on a race curcuit so imagen the effects on an oval track.

I garrantee this is probably the number 1 reason you will never see them on a Oval track..
Quote from MAGGOT :....I think that it is slightly ironic that the three countries regarded as being the "richest" can't afford/are unwilling to upgrade for proper F1 tracks; Britain, the US, and Canada...

Sorry OT, but couldn resist. Not sure about that, see Source 1 and Source 2. Those are just English Speaking countries not the richest.

Germany, China, Brazil, Japan, France and Italy have new and old-fashioned venues, so it isnt that ironic regarding UK and Canada.
Quote from Mustafur :You fail to realise how much dirty air comes from F1 cars, these are not normal open wheelers these are the most sophisticated peices of machinery in the world of motor sport. Dirty air comes into effect on tight corners on a race curcuit so imagen the effects on an oval track.

I garrantee this is probably the number 1 reason you will never see them on a Oval track..

It likely is. I mean the Formula 1 cars are so advance and fragile. You have to realize that Formula 1 cars ARE NOT the same as INDY cars. In fact they couldn't be more different

No F1 @ Indy in '08
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG