The online racing simulator
Player connecting....
(7 posts, started )
Player connecting....
Whats the deal? You cant pit, restart, or even LEAVE THE SERVER while a player is connecting? I'm assuming there is some sort of bug because the server I was on got stuck like this, nobody ever connected, we were all just stuck in the game. I had to end-task in the windows task manager just to exit the game.
Attached images
LFSWTF.JPG
#2 - filur
Quote from c0nv1ct :Whats the deal? You cant pit, restart, or even LEAVE THE SERVER while a player is connecting? I'm assuming there is some sort of bug because the server I was on got stuck like this, nobody ever connected, we were all just stuck in the game. I had to end-task in the windows task manager just to exit the game.

A server getting stuck in that state is probably a bug, more or less. The fact that you can't change your own "state" while a player is connecting is more a case of slightly poor design.
Quote from filur :A server getting stuck in that state is probably a bug, more or less. The fact that you can't change your own "state" while a player is connecting is more a case of slightly poor design.

slightly?
its still an alpha

but yeah, its known to cause accidents when we cant pit to clear the track after an accident
#5 - filur
Quote from lurendrejer :slightly?

Yes, it's obviously designed to solve some other issue(s), and a poor design would perhaps be not allowing people to join / connect unless the game is at the lobby screen. It could be alot worse.
Yep, race events should have the priority over new connections IMO.

And especially for the start sequence, no new connection should be allowed untill the race has started.
No Lotesdelere, this is not so good because you would maybe make it to the start. The only thing what is stupid is that if somebody does leave or enter the server that every vote get's canceled. This should be switched off.

Player connecting....
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG