The online racing simulator
2015 Kyoto 250: Race Discussion
The 2015 Kyoto 250. Eighth Annual. Sunday, 29 March 2015.

Timetable for the day:

17:20 UTC: All competitors due in server AND in TS in correct name format in each.
17:25 UTC: Grid stacking begins
17:37 UTC: Driver's Briefing (via TeamSpeak)
17:41 UTC: Pace laps begin (all 5 of them)
17:50 UTC: Green Flag (135 Laps, 250.02 Miles)

WEATHER CONDITIONS: Clear Day, Low Wind

The 250 has never been caution-free, but 2012 was the record for fewest cautions - 4 for 19 laps The most, you ask? 2010: 18 cautions for 82 laps. It can get done in less than 2 hours if caution-free, although usually takes about 2h10m or so.

Some other stats for the statwhores out there:

Longest Green Flag Run: 79 Laps in 2011
Most Leaders: 6 in 2011
Most Lead Changes: 14 in 2008
Fastest Kyoto 250: 2012, 2:02:54.37, 122.054 MPH
Slowest Kyoto 250: 2010, 3:00:27.76, 83.126 MPH
Most Laps Led in a Single Kyoto 250: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps, 100 Laps in 2013
Most Laps Led Overall: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps, 288 Laps
Drivers who have led the most laps in the race without winning that year:
2008: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz (66 Laps Led)
2009: Nolan "BigTime" Scott (57 Laps Led)
2010: Michal "Drift King CZ" Saidl (64 Laps Led)
2011: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps (63 Laps Led)
2012: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz (63 Laps Led)
2013: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps (100 Laps Led)
2014: Patrick "FalconBridge" Hall (56 Laps Led)

Past Champions of the Kyoto 250:
2008: Ben "DeadWolfBones" Keough
2009: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
2010: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
2011: Phil "PMD9409" Diaz
2012: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps
2013: Jarl "arox123" Teien
2014: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps

Discuss!
Quote from dekojester :Most Laps Led Overall: Robin "Robendo" Friskopps, 288 Laps - he has led at least one lap in every Kyoto 250 except 2013.

But stats also say that he led most laps in that 2013. Must be something wrong... Razz
Oh, that was leftover from last year - Mr. Diaz had led the most laps going into 2014's edition, but Robin overtook him that year
Will there be a stream? If no, Jared could stream Big grin
was I just volun-told?
I'll join in a moment..
let's see who broke his install with testpatch Tilt
I'm hoping there are a lot of people to beat out there today Wink
#9 - Bean0
Spotters Guide Smile

Edit: #7 is a pain in the arse, guide updated.
Attached images
KY250Guide2015.png
Quote from Cornys :I'm hoping there are a lot of people to beat out there today Wink

Seems like you reached your goal then.
#11 - CSF
burn

go steve
Decided to retire.
Few minues later there was two SC phases and maybe that would have helped to catch up. But I had already spun once and later gotten into way of someone (sorry @ #58 M Linde, i think) and speed was not so good, so no felt like better decision.
working fuel strategy for 6 cars at a time ... my head hurts
I received the poor result that I deserved after my lack of concentration on the first lap. Sorry for that to everybody.

I had some pace, but it was wasted. Had fun at the front fighting for my laps back, but it was about the only good and fun thing that happened for me in today's race. I received what I deserved.
Photo finish! Well done Martin Kapal! Smile
Nice job Kapal on the win Smile
Good race. Wish I fought for the win or at least top 3, but pace/strategy/restarts were all a little off. 4th in the end. Disappointing, but hey, 10 places better than last year.

Thanks again to deko and NDR for the event. Attendance was lower than before, but still somewhat better than expected a couple days ago, and enough to make an interesting race.

See you in 2016?
Awesome atmosphere! Great event. That is what i missed in LFS.
Finally! Na-na Na-na Thanks guys, great race!
Congrats Flame!

I had a great time all the way up until my internet gave out, I definitely have to thank Ray for pushing me as well as he did.
It was really fun to be part of the race once again, I would go as far as saying it was one of the best Kyoto 250's from my view, too. Had some hairy moments tapping walls and managing to regain control from what could been a spin that most likely would've ended my race, but I managed to hold on to it. Nearer towards the end drafting with Hall helped a lot too, and the pace was quite quick indeed.

Sorry Yann, I failed a bit with my bumpdrafting with you. I could blame it on 3G internet, but also it wasn't really easy to keep up whilst my tire temps at the rear were nearing 85 Big grin

Oh, and congrats Martin, you earned the win. Big grin Altough you had a bit of luck too, that rear tire could've exploded a few hundred meters before that. Big grin
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Congrats Flame!

I had a great time all the way up until my internet gave out, I definitely have to thank Ray for pushing me as well as he did.

That was a good amount of fun. It's a shame it took so long to get to you, because had I been with you at the start we would've kept up with the leaders easily. Glad I fell back to you though, was worth the wait to get some good drafting in.
Quote from Bmxtwins :That was a good amount of fun. It's a shame it took so long to get to you, because had I been with you at the start we would've kept up with the leaders easily. Glad I fell back to you though, was worth the wait to get some good drafting in.

Yeah, if I would have been better at the start and on restarts, I doubt we'd have been separated for so long. When we got hooked up we really flew. I think it's safe to say that was the best race I've had in LFS yet, the finish was a bit iffy though. Tongue
Quote from nikopdr :Sorry Yann, I failed a bit with my bumpdrafting with you. I could blame it on 3G internet, but also it wasn't really easy to keep up whilst my tire temps at the rear were nearing 85 Big grin

It's allright. Laggy draft is better than no draft at allSmile Maybe I should have let you in front, I don't know. Cool skin by the way.
Kickass finish by the top3! Cg to Flame, it was tight, but well deserved.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG