The online racing simulator
Quote from USRacer :Could u at-least squeeze a word in about s3 in one of ur posts....

tink i speak for every1

Sorry buddy, you speak for yourself.
Wasnt usracer reported for using a similar exploit once
I bet it's USRacer.
It's a conspiracy.
Quote from rediske :As the Scirocco delay is already beyond ridiculous there is no need to worry about this little brain teaser imho...

It's the sum off all the small distractions, they can quickly become a bigger time consumer than you would ever guess.
Quote from Skagen :It's the sum off all the small distractions, they can quickly become a bigger time consumer than you would ever guess.

Well said.
Quote from Scawen :Oh, I've been analysing that log but Victor must have forgotten to send the MPR.

did he/you? also forgot to releas s3? :P
Quote from JosTheBoss! :did he/you? also forgot to releas s3? :P

Lol Michelle

Rockingham is actually ready for release with the current physics, so why not just release it Scawen? So that we can finally enjoy some more of LFS.

I think I might speak for most if I say that we love LFS, and will probably always do. And that we are so thankful to you, Eric and Vic for bringing LFS where it is today.... But there really has to come some new content. I don't give much about better graphics or so. And the tyre physics is already very good, ofcourse the model your working on will be better but, you know, man's gotta have some love.

I've seen the video's Vic made for Rockingham, about ingame Rockingham footage driving with FBM.

It seemed finished to me, apart from maybe no crowds on the stands.

Scawen, Eric & Victor, please, please do not loose motivation to this very thing we all love so much.

Give us some nice content for us to enjoy, and compliment you about. And I'm sure this negative atmosphere will turn quite much around, and you would probably find happiness again in working on this product. Cause you will feel valued, and loved.

Now I will never forget about LFS, you, Eric and Victor. Even if LFS may die the next day. It has meant so much for my life. But yet I wouldn't be able to stop crying if it will die on the silent way, by all of you losing motivation, and not letting hear from you, and then all of a sudden us hearing something in the lines of:
"We're sorry to announce, but we have completally lost motivation and interest in Live for Speed. There has come a time that there are other important things in life, and we can no longer support Live for Speed."

Please ScaViEr, do something about this, it would be sad to see this go.
well said
Just to add something to Rocky's post. You might compare it with a top line F1 driver. When he get's it on podium there are all praises around him and when he's stuck at the back suffering issues from the car or bad luck, only critics arise from the same medias, but there are always few of those that keep faith in him and when he successes they are again joined with everyone in praises. But they would never succeed if they let critics who don't know what they are talking about and are just looking to pounce on current situation to make a story get to him, because he sees more into the distance than them.
Big +1 to that rocky!
Although Rockclan and everyone else is entitled to have and share an opinion...

... is it so hard to stay ontopic?
Quote from JosTheBoss! :did he/you? also forgot to releas s3? :P

Lately I researched some old topics here on this forum and this whining goes back to even before s2 was released.

Keep it on topic.
Quote from rockclan :
"We're sorry to announce, but we have completally lost motivation and interest in Live for Speed. There has come a time that there are other important things in life, and we can no longer support Live for Speed."

I felt bad reading this.
Any news on this hacker
Quote from Sobis :I felt bad reading this.

And I felt bad writing it, but it might just happen.
rockclan seems to share the hacker's "Make a stink and you will be rewarded" mentality.
The interesting thing is that he's gotten positive responses for illustrating that similarity.

Anyway, I'm very pleased to see Scawen being so cool. I would have responded rather negatively to the "young jedi".

Though it took a few weeks for the issue to be addressed, the way this is being handled suggests a bright future for LFS.
Quote from Franky.S :next joke please!

I feel you.

Maybe if there wasn't such a strong tendency to go from saccharin sweet to bitchy and demanding, Scawen (and Eric) would post here more often.

Do you guys think that Scawen could participate in a normal thread without the same shit happening?
It's always the "It's so great to hear from you, you're the most cool person ever" type of posts followed by the disapproving-fan-letter posts.
On topic :

I hope to release a dedicated host test update either today or tomorrow, that should at least prevent the user being connected with a user name you cannot type, or a user name that does not match the user id.

Off topic :

Although development has been slow for some time, we are still motivated on LFS, which we do regard as a long term thing. I must admit this year both Eric and I have had some slow months and some months in which we didn't do much LFS at all.

In both our cases that has been partly for external reasons which will not have a long term negative effect, and also partly a need for a slight break after several years of hard work.

In my case I have got into some sport (cross country running and cycling) which has obvious benefits I don't need to explain, after two decades without. That occupied my mind a lot (in a good way) and has been great for me and my family, but not great in an immediate sense for LFS's development this summer. The journey of tyre physics development has been a tough one, round and round, forwards and backwards these couple of years. I feel this summer break has helped me mentally. I've got some answers and plan to get that tyre stuff sorted out so we can get back to the fun stuff and a faster development rate in the S3 period.
Quote from Scawen :The journey of tyre physics development has been a tough one, round and round, forwards and backwards these couple of years.

The wheels on the bus go round and round,
round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
all through the town.

I just had to

EDIT:
Or was this a Mad Men reference?
Not to mention there is quite a fortune to earn with S3
I know you hate to answer off topic random posts like this, and in advantage sorry for it!

But at the current time, it still feels like, or sounds like it's still not close to finished when speaking about the tyre physics?

Would it not be better to release S3 allready, and then at a later stage release the polished physics?
What LFS now needs is more stuff to play with, not a upgrade of something which is allready great.

This of course is just a mere suggestion, but if you take the temperature around this forum and people, it seems that most people are favoring something new to play on, while waiting on the new tyre physics.

If this stands unanswered, I do hope at least you read it and take it in consideration
Quote from Scawen :On topic :

I hope to release a dedicated host test update either today or tomorrow, that should at least prevent the user being connected with a user name you cannot type, or a user name that does not match the user id.

Would be nice if the server logging is a little bit altered also, with the IP address mentioned in the drivername connected (lfsname) announcement. Currently its a little messy to keep track what IP address belongs to who. Especially on busy servers.

Therefore I am now the only one which can block IP addresses, while, if the log is a little bit more structured I could make a web interface for other admins.
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG