The online racing simulator
2011 Kyoto 250: Race Discussion
Discuss!

Timetable for Saturday, 26 March 2011:

16:45 UTC: Server Arrival Deadline (TS and Race Server)
16:50 UTC: Gridding starts
17:01 UTC: Pace Laps (5 laps) start
17:10 UTC: Race Starts (135 laps)

LFS will, of course, be set to 140 laps.

TeamSpeak is required, here is the information:

IP: 84.45.52.140
Port: 10005
Password: RaceDay, server will be carrying the same password as the LFS server

If you need your channel passworded, let me know via PM - I restored as many (if not all) of the channels that I could, but you need to PM me what you want the password to be if you desire one.

For the lulz, I'll put some stats here as I figure some interesting ones out through the next 24 hours :P

2008 Kyoto 250* (not exactly 250 miles)
Average Lap (over 132 Laps): 58.99
Average Speed (over 244.46 miles): 113.02 mph / 181.89 kph

2009 Kyoto 250:
Average Lap: 58.87
Average Speed: 113.26 mph / 182.27 kph

2010 Kyoto 250:
Average Lap: 1:20.21
Average Speed: 83.13 mph / 133.78 Kph

2011 Kyoto 250:
Average Speed: 109.188 mph / 175.721 Kph
Cautions: 9 for 43 laps

And technically the Kyoto 250 is 250.02 miles long (minor detail :P)
Could you please create a channel Angel Power Racing, although it seems I'm the only one member on the grid. I hope it's ok.
Any information about livestream? Would like to spread out information around local community.
#4 - Bean0
Quote from Eclipsed :Any information about livestream? Would like to spread out information around local community.

I understand that it will be streamed via MultiBC.
#5 - Cawwa
Independent Racing Mates would like to have a channel please
Quote from Bean0 :I understand that it will be streamed via MultiBC.

Actually that's wrong, because of two reasons:

1) I waited too long to bother to ask multiBC, and he's booked up, and more importantly,

2) I couldn't be arsed to spend 30 EUR on the 250 yet at the time I would have needed to decided, not wishing to risk spending that amount of cash on a shiteshow like last year :P

It'll be broadcast on Tommy Ostgaard's livestream channel, with (I hope) Wilko and Thilo commentating
Quote from Cawwa :Independent Racing Mates would like to have a channel please

Bump!
Deko, we need this room ASAP!
IRM is default using the more up2date app "mumble" so we never used "Teamspeak" ... seems very poor at first glance compared to mumble ...

Well, in order to get it working we need a channel or whatever u call it, for IRM so we can get it work before race event!

EDIT! he he, found channel now
Quote from sjoblom :Bump!
Deko, we need this room ASAP!
IRM is default using the more up2date app "mumble" so we never used "Teamspeak" ... seems very poor at first glance compared to mumble ...

Well, in order to get it working we need a channel or whatever u call it, for IRM so we can get it work before race event!

Sorry, thought I did - may have accidentally not made it permanaent the first time, but it is now.

I have used mumble a bit, but not enough to know if it'll work for our purposes, may trial it some more in the future.
Quote from sjoblom :GREAT stream from Ostgaard ... hoping it will be no mix up this time so I can get the download and hear the commentators verdict on my driving

once sorted out all the pronounciations... yeah then we can judge on your driving^^
Quote from TFalke55 :once sorted out all the pronounciations... yeah then we can judge on your driving^^

Just call him Mr Seaflower ...
could you make a revolutionary racing channel if therew isnt one already deko. thanks
It's race day :banana:
Quote from Cawwa :Just call him Mr Seaflower ...

en sjö = större ansamling av sötvatten

It's a bloody lake you knob :|
I hope lapping the HRT Cothworths won't make too much of a problem...
I better let out my jokes about the HRTs now then later.
Quote from TFalke55 :once sorted out all the pronounciations... yeah then we can judge on your driving^^

he he, well my rookie-driving will probably be in the same standard as your pronunciation of my name

"Sj" is pronounced like the "sh" in "shit"
"ö" is not in english, just use "o" instead
"blom" is the same as in english

So stick with "Shoblom" ... and don't listen to Cawwa. If he put up another joke about my name I will put him into the wall tonite
nice starting lineup video, but I think kapal is on angel power not reality
Quote from Mustangman759 :nice starting lineup video, but I think kapal is on angel power not reality

you're late... watch the starting line-up thread

Quote from sjoblom :he he, well my rookie-driving will probably be in the same standard as your pronunciation of my name

"Sj" is pronounced like the "sh" in "shit"
"ö" is not in english, just use "o" instead
"blom" is the same as in english

So stick with "Shoblom" ... and don't listen to Cawwa. If he put up another joke about my name I will put him into the wall tonite

we've got the "ö" in German so that should work for me at least^^
ohwell still a fail!
About pronounciations - Thilo already in qual race pronounced my last name quite correctly - Kronpušs=Kronpushs.
for me just - Janis Miglans
XRT Stock car pack
If anyone wanted, I've tried to make a simple stock car interior + exterior pack for XRT.

It changes the interior (+ dashboard, dials, seats), lights and rims are always black. And I have also included a white Kyoto oval wall.

It's not anything amazing but meh.

You can download the zip file here. It contains the original backup files, too.
Attached images
lfs_00000066.jpg
lfs_00000067.jpg
lfs_00000068.jpg
lfs_00000069.jpg
lfs_00000070.jpg
lfs_00000071.jpg
lfs_00000072.jpg
Attached files
Kyoto250_OvalPack.zip - 2.6 MB - 286 views
Tom parker i love you
you are my hero
for
effin
ever
love you<3
*cries*

Ahh well. Experience was nice Good race in the end even if I did go lap down and other stuff. Gotta look at the positives

Shall be back next year with a stronger router
Quote from zippytheone :*cries*

Ahh well. Experience was nice Good race in the end even if I did go lap down and other stuff. Gotta look at the positives

Shall be back next year with a stronger router

2011 Kyoto 250: Race Discussion
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG