The online racing simulator
2010 IndyCar Season
(98 posts, started )
Quote from JackDaMaster :Bewbs.

Fixed.

This season's gonna be great. Now all they have to do is remove the spec cars and we've got a real racing series again.
Quote from MadCat360 :This season's gonna be great. Now all they have to do is remove the spec cars and we've got a real racing series again.

There are some Ferrari engines and chassis that can be bought for a cheap price. How about legalizing them? For those who don't know it, I mean the A1GP stuff.
This should be a nice season for Indycar... Less ovals, more women on the grid...

I'm excited for the season opener on the streets of São Paulo this weekend... Pay attention to Ana Beatriz...
She's a great driver, I hope she can get the funding to race the whole season...
First Free Practice session starts now, live on IndyCar Race Control presented by iRacing (indycar.com)
Anyone got a link for a stream for the race? nothing good on myp2p.
hmm... racecontrol.indycar.com for the official ones...
Quote from TFalke55 :hmm... racecontrol.indycar.com for the official ones...

yep, official leader cam. :sleep2:
I know... but with no coverage in germany and no propper stream on the known platforms it is still good... even though I do not understand why they are not transmitting IMS Radio alongside it

EDIT: nevermind... I just did not know that I simply have to open Radio webcast and stream simultaniously...
No comments on the race yet? Maybe it's because I actually got to watch the whole race, but I thought it was pretty good. Of course the threat of rain always makes things interesting. Turn 1 lap 1 looked a lot like a public LFS server, but beyond that there was some good racing.

I was also glad to see that the broadcast crew didn't focus on Danica all the time.
Yeah, it was a good race. The track could have been better, obviously, but the layout was good and it produced a lot of passing. Was nice to see Meira have a good run.

I'd much rather watch IndyCar than F1 at this point.
for you americans, Versus is back on DirecTV, so it gets better^^
Managed to grab the race in glorious HD from RU. It was FANTASTIC.
i enjoyed it xD

loved it when it was like a 5 car train then they all overtook down the straight.
#43 - JCTK
So Sato finally got back to racing again... and he continues his tradition of Sato-ing someone at the very first corner and cause a big mess behind~ XD

if the IRL can go to around 40% road course, 30% streets, and 30% ovals, then I think it'd be a pretty good mix. I don't like too many ovals races...

now that American open wheels are united again, and Tony George got kicked out as well, hopfully it can go back to its full strength during the CART days...
@JTCK: Not that far off this season. More than 1/2 (54%) are street or road courses. What they do need is some more permanent road courses, to replace just a couple of the ovals. Get rid of Iowa and Kentucky and substitute Road America and Laguna Seca.

Street Courses
(6) 35%
Streets of Sao Paulo
Streets of Saint Petersburg
Barber Motorsports Park
Streets of Long Beach
Streets of Toronto
Edmonton City Centre Airport

Road Courses(3) 18%
Watkins Glen International
Mid-Ohio Sports car Course
Infineon Raceway

Ovals
(8) 47%
Kansas Speedway
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Iowa Speedway
Chicagoland Speedway
Kentucky Speedway
Twin Ring Motegi
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Quote from KartRacer :@JTCK: Not that far off this season. More than 1/2 (54%) are street or road courses. What they do need is some more permanent road courses, to replace just a couple of the ovals. Get rid of Iowa and Kentucky and substitute Road America and Laguna Seca.

Street Courses
(6) 35%
Streets of Sao Paulo
Barber Motorsports Park
Streets of Long Beach
Streets of Toronto

Road Courses(3) 18%
Infineon Raceway

Ovals
(8) 47%
Kansas Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Iowa Speedway
Chicagoland Speedway
Kentucky Speedway
Twin Ring Motegi
Homestead-Miami Speedway

I disagree, I think they should get rid of kansas and kentucky and replace them with Rockingham and Eurospeedway. The races there are usually fantastic especially CART at Lausitzring.

I dont know about you but I think Edmonton is kinda boring. Laguna Seca is a much better place. So...I say...keep the number of oval races (they have JUST enough) and replace some street courses with permanent road courses (Laguna Seca, Brands Hatch).

Personally tho, I think Indycar has a but too little oval races but I'm not complaining. If they continue to slash the number of oval races then I'll be fairly angry. But for now it's a pretty decent schedule.
#46 - JCTK
Quote from lizardfolk :I disagree, I think they should get rid of kansas and kentucky and replace them with Rockingham and Eurospeedway. The races there are usually fantastic especially CART at Lausitzring.

I dont know about you but I think Edmonton is kinda boring. Laguna Seca is a much better place. So...I say...keep the number of oval races (they have JUST enough) and replace some street courses with permanent road courses (Laguna Seca, Brands Hatch).

Personally tho, I think Indycar has a but too little oval races but I'm not complaining. If they continue to slash the number of oval races then I'll be fairly angry. But for now it's a pretty decent schedule.

the problem is, no it won't work at Eurospeedway and Rockinham because no one would go there, so no one would want to be the organiser and lose a bucketload of money...
#47 - JCTK
Quote from KartRacer :@JTCK: Not that far off this season. More than 1/2 (54%) are street or road courses. What they do need is some more permanent road courses, to replace just a couple of the ovals. Get rid of Iowa and Kentucky and substitute Road America and Laguna Seca.

Street Courses(6) 35%
Streets of Sao Paulo
Barber Motorsports Park
Streets of Long Beach
Streets of Toronto

Road Courses(3) 18%
Infineon Raceway

Ovals(8) 47%
Kansas Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Iowa Speedway
Chicagoland Speedway
Kentucky Speedway
Twin Ring Motegi
Homestead-Miami Speedway

and I hope they could head down to Surfers again~

Looking at the list of oval, they should only keep Indy, Texas, Motegi (because of Honda, but they could always use the road course there instead), and Miami, and perhaps Chicagoland. The rest isn't really a must-have. And yeah, Road America and Laguna Seca is a much better option than some of these ovals. Although racing at Laguna Seca gets pretty boring at times because it ain't easy to pass there...
I think oval indy races are great. However...indy has been going to some soulless cookie cutter ovals in recent years. But a lot of indy's greatest memories were on ovals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnGDduhmBhk

I say...keep the same number of ovals. Swap out some of the boring ovals and bring in some of the better ones (California, Michigan, and Kansas would be nice, definitely keep chicagoland) but slashing them isn't a good idea imho. Surfers would be fantastic tho
This Weekend we go to St. Pete I expect some nice racing. Though it has only one real and two not so really possible places to overtake...

2010 IndyCar Season
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG