The online racing simulator
Obama Speech In School Spoof :D
(118 posts, started )
Maybe you should give up karting and get a decent education so that you can get a better job and help improve society then?
A proper education? lol what would that actually be? Get a 'proper education' like Richard Branson did? Yh his qualifications and education really helped him become one of the most successful businessmen on the planet!

Actually qualification inflation and the actual roles of universities has come under question recently!

right who's next?
#78 - SamH
Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe you should give up karting and get a decent education so that you can get a better job and help improve society then?

If the NHS was gone, he'd be forced to give up karting since, according to his argument, the same reasons people get pissed on a weekend - knowing the NHS will fix them - are the same reasons people risk life and limb on crapped-out rental karts. His arguments are so arse-about-tit in relation to reason and rational thought that I have difficulty doing anything but pointing and laughing.
Quote from Intrepid :So Becky you recognise the NHS is over-sized, fat, and wastes huge resources...

You need to decide whether you are you against the idea or the implementation if you're going to make a coherent point.

The NHS is wasteful, poorly managed but the idea is still viable. It's bad governance that's destroying the NHS but I think you're mistaking that that for it being a bad idea.
#80 - 5haz
People need to appreciate the fact that we all have guarenteed healthcare in this country more, if it were to go, I think you would miss it, well they say you don't know what you've got 'till its gone.
Quote from Intrepid :A proper education? lol what would that actually be? Get a 'proper education' like Richard Branson did? Yh his qualifications and education really helped him become one of the most successful businessmen on the planet!

Actually qualification inflation and the actual roles of universities has come under question recently!

right who's next?

As you're clearly not entrepreneurial, you need to fall back on a formal education. Sure, some people don't - the Alan Sugars and Richard Bransons, but to suggest you don't because they didn't is a silly argument worthy of Monty Python.

Regardless of how the world views A-Level result increases or how many silly qualifications there are these days, the individual still gains from having that education to a large extent. Missing out because you think it unnecessary is a bit ironic, don't you think.
Quote from SamH :If the NHS was gone, he'd be forced to give up karting since, according to his argument, the same reasons people get pissed on a weekend - knowing the NHS will fix them - are the same reasons people risk life and limb on crapped-out rental karts. His arguments are so arse-about-tit in relation to reason and rational thought that I have difficulty doing anything but pointing and laughing.

Interesting point there. Very considered and thought out SamH. Quite typical of someone who doesn't have the ability to see the wider picture

Go into a A&E during the hours of 1am-4am and you'll see a constant stream of people wasted, puking up, and doing all manner of things. I've spent nights in A&E and the strain it puts on the NHS. I have a lot of time within the NHS witnessing their services. I also see some of the fantastic work some of the nurses put in. However, unlike many weak minded people, I do not allow this to cloud my own thought.

Generally people that do kart racing and wealthy enough to afford private health insurance. Crapped out rental karts is something I do not take a HUGE interest in anyway.

Let's just say the for 1 weekend the NHS said - "**** this we aint picking up any binge drinkers. If you want help you got to pay for it". I am in no doubt the numbers of bingers would fall! In fact I believe to a certain degree some NHS staff would like to see this happen
Quote from Intrepid :
Go into a A&E during the hours of 1am-4am and you'll see a constant stream of people wasted, puking up, and doing all manner of things. I've spent nights in A&E and the strain it puts on the NHS. I have a lot of time within the NHS witnessing their services. I also see some of the fantastic work some of the nurses put in. However, unlike many weak minded people, I do not allow this to cloud my own thought.

But to put the blame of binge drinking at the door of a NHS service is a huge leap of faith based on little on no facts. It couldn't possibley be down to the fact that there is cheap booze on offer in the pubs and clubs.
Quote from tristancliffe :Regardless of how the world views A-Level result increases or how many silly qualifications there are these days, the individual still gains from having that education to a large extent. Missing out because you think it unnecessary is a bit ironic, don't you think.

I know people with high level degrees and have studied myself a large part of their syllabus out of my own interest. I don't need to get myself in stupid amounts of debt to learn something. I flew through music college getting distinctions in all subjects. Nothing they actually taught me was something I hadn't already learnt and discovered myself.

Unless it's something very specific like medicine, science, and maybe maths the actual process of learning is not prohibited by not going to university. In fact I believe University to be as prohibitive as it is educational.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :But to put the blame of binge drinking at the door of a NHS service is a huge leap of faith based on little on no facts. It couldn't possibley be down to the fact that there is cheap booze on offer in the pubs and clubs.

I am not laying the whole blame to the NHS but I am fairly confident that having a free health service is a factor. How big a factor I can not say. Even the hardened NHS fan will admit the original purpose of the system has been taking to the extremes. It's gone from helping the poor to a service that is over stretched, and over large.
#86 - SamH
Binge drinking is a result of a miserable and repressed society. It's nothing to do with free healthcare, it's more to do with CCTV and ID cards. Only an idiot would place responsibility for binge drinking on free healthcare. Jesus.
#87 - SamH
Quote from Intrepid :How big a factor I can not say.

Why not? Because the statistics aren't published yet or because you pulled the whole thing out of your rectum?
Quote from Intrepid :I know people with high level degrees and have studied myself a large part of their syllabus out of my own interest. I don't need to get myself in stupid amounts of debt to learn something. I flew through music college getting distinctions in all subjects. Nothing they actually taught me was something I hadn't already learnt and discovered myself.

Unless it's something very specific like medicine, science, and maybe maths the actual process of learning is not prohibited by not going to university. In fact I believe University to be as prohibitive as it is educational.

I don't think a music qualification is all that useful to fixing the problems you've raised. I was talking about useful qualifications - medicine, law, engineering, science. Sure, a lot of it can be learnt at home, but a degree (or diploma or whatever) teaches so so much more than just facts or theories.

Somehow I don't believe that you studied friends' subjects for the fun of it. Unless your life is as dull and empty as a tramps...
Quote from SamH :Binge drinking is a result of a miserable and repressed society. It's nothing to do with free healthcare, it's more to do with CCTV and ID cards. Only an idiot would place responsibility for binge drinking on free healthcare. Jesus.

Sorry CCTV and ID cards? What you on about?
If you can't see the link he's made, then you probably shouldn't be in this conversation.
tristan what are you doing in it? You actually haven't added your own opinion. Just asked silly questions like "why don't u get an education?"
#92 - SamH
Given the fact that you can't make sense of a simple socio-political connector, I'd say Tristan's question is entirely valid.
My opinion doesn't actually matter, and in fact my own opinions on the NHS contradict themselves in many ways, thus making them less valid in a discussion. So I'm merely discussing YOUR opinions with you. I don't have to give mine to discuss yours.
#94 - SamH
I think Alan's under the delusion that binge drinking is new. It's not. It's just a new term. We used to call binge drinkers "lager louts". They've been labelled many things over the decades, but they've always been there.

And they were there LONG before the NHS was invented. They were there throughout the Victorian era. They've always been there.

Give it a new name, "binge drinking", and uneducated idiots think the whole THING is new. Simple minds.
Quote from Intrepid :Let's just say the for 1 weekend the NHS said - "**** this we aint picking up any binge drinkers. If you want help you got to pay for it". I am in no doubt the numbers of bingers would fall! In fact I believe to a certain degree some NHS staff would like to see this happen

So effectively what you're saying here is that drinkers make a pre-meditated decision before going out, to use A&E later that night.

*shakes head*

You sir, are a fool.
#96 - 5haz
This is one of those arguments where one side know that their position is hopeless, but they don't want to been seen to have lost, so they carry on regardless.

Intrepid, a real man would just admit that they're wrong.
Quote from 5haz :This is one of those arguments where one side know that their position is hopeless, but they don't want to been seen to have lost, so they carry on regardless.

Intrepid, a real man would just admit that they're wrong.

No I see a different scenario, what I see is a wealthy person so disconnected from society that they can't actually grasp the real facts when they are presented to them.

None-the-less, they're very concerned about how much of their money goes into funding us.

Earlier, when I was quoted and given a frankly rather odd response about binge drinking being the fault of the NHS (you might want to read up on the history of the drink "Gin" before making claims like that btw - it will give you a fresh perspective on binge drinking and its roots).

When I said the NHS was bloated and inneficient because the current government is employing too many civil servants you drew the wrong conclusion. You thought I meant it was the NHS' fault.

No, it's the governments fault. The government does a lot of things wrong, for a start it employs hundreds of thousands of auditors to produce statistics to check that everybody is doing their jobs right. These statistics are used for sound bytes in political speaches and the like.

Personally I dont hold with statistics, who was it that said, "Statistics statistics and more damned lies" ?

None of this is the NHS' fault, which does a very good job inspite of having to produce more statistics than most other institutions that report to the government.
Sorry to bring back the hospital discussion but.....

This women, local from my town (also Lithuanian) always felt really ill. So she visited the doctors and NHS couple of times only to be told that nothing is wrong with her. She decided to go back to Lithuania where on the first inspection from the doctors, she was put into the hospital for an urgent operation. Because of it she still lives right now, where as if she would of listened to the docs in here she would of probably been dead ages ago.....

Another case. Guy had massive back pains. Doctor told to drink water. What the..... please tell me how is that good advice. Which part of the back can be freaking healed by water?

Had so many cases where I could name why the doctors in UK are crap its unbeliavable.....

Also the queues are even stupider. Today had an appointment for 14:30, had to wait nearly 3 freaking hours to be called in and told nothing.....
#99 - SamH
What was her name? What town? Which NHS hospital? What illness? What operation? When?

What was his name? Which NHS hospital? What was the illness really? When did this happen?

You want to debate this stuff? Then put enough information in to the discussion so that we can debate it. Otherwise it's just hear-say crap, and it has no place here.
I'm sure for every person that's been failed by the NHS only to be 'cured' in another country, there is one that had to come to the UK for treatment.

And yes, dehydration can cause all sorts of funny things to occur, especially in soft tissue areas.

Obama Speech In School Spoof :D
(118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG