The online racing simulator
Quote from BigPeBe :I can't hear any of that... I can hear the straight-cut gears whining but no DV.

chase cam view, sometimes it sounds like a dumpvalve
Thank god SMS got their hands on this. At least they know how to make a racing game better than Black box. The only thing that worries me is the lack of depth in damage. Other than that, it's a must buy for me!
i dont think it will be a sim, in the sense of Forza 2 and Race Pro but its gonna be about 5000 times nicer to play than the likes of Pro Street and Undercover
Exhaust flames sound like thunder
Quote from G!NhO :chase cam view, sometimes it sounds like a dumpvalve

Well, I can't hear that really.
Quote from G!NhO :Why the HELL does it sound like the Zonda has a dumpvalve??!?!?

?
I only hear a lot of transmission noise, plus the backfire
Hmmm maybe i am crazy and hear dump valve sounds in my head.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :All you guys are talking crap about this game, yet all you have to go off of is screenshots and videos, not the mention the fact that this game is still in development. Just wait until a demo comes out, then tell your opinion.

Nowadays it is very rare to release/show videos from some kind of pre-alpha v0.01 build. Videos are usually what you're going to get. Here, it is obvious that you're going to get a even more dumbed version of RACE with ricy themes.
The core dev team behind GTR2 and GT: Legends are now employees at Slightly Mad Studios (Formally Blimey! Games employees).

Im willing to give any racing game coming out of SMS a fair shot
Need for speed shift was available for journo's and other media bods to play at a pre E3 "party", this was the feeling from it.....

Quote :Following EA’s decision to split the Need for Speed franchise into more focused sub-genres, the company demoed a fully playable version of Need for Speed Shift on PS3, giving journalists two side by side versions: One with steering and braking assists on, and one without assists. The contrasting versions highlighted the drastic changes in focus that the series has undergone from the 2007’s Need for Speed Pro Street and 2006’s NFS Carbon.

The game is designed with fully fitted cockpit details and a camera that’s “attached” to the driver’s head, adding in physics to the camera with every hard crash, spin-out or straightaway dash. The game looks and feels different than any previous Need for Speed in the series, with a distinctly sim flavor.

Promising.
Well Slightly Mad Studio's need this to work out because they havent exactly had the most success since forming their own company after splitting from Simbin.
After seeing THIS, TBPH, I couldn't care less about the physics!!!!.

Just look at it, and one of my all time favourite cars to boot!!!
The graphic looks great! I allways have hated blur, but even with blur this graphic looks awesome. I don't care if the handling is realistic, it won't be, but I hope they can make an enjoyble arcade game out of it. If they somewhat manage to make the driving as fun as arcade game such as Flatout I'll buy this one for sure.
Zomg, Eero is doing the physics! nvm everything will be fine guys It should be a very fun game even for simheads like us. But as always, we'll wait for the demo
Beginning to sound more and more promising by the day, AFAIK, the naysayers can say what they like, but if this is anything like it should be, its gonna be one hell of a game!!.

Quote :While some of the facts below have already been confirmed, most of these details include fresh info.

* Physics model of NFS: Shift is based on those of “Ferrari Project”
* Professional setting is more accurate to drive than in GTR2
* Eero Piitulainen of Richard Burns Rally has developed totally new tyre-physics model which is mainly responsible for new physics
* Difference between 3 physics-models is in assist levels, while lowest setting will provide around 10% of more tyre grip for beginners
* Lots of efforts has gone into handling development so the game can be driven with controller
* Professional setting will require wheel in order to successfully manage throttle/braking and steering inputs
* Shift will feature different car classes - from Golf GTI up to Zonda F
* All cars can be upgraded and tuned from inside-out
* Most tracks are licensed European and American circuits with few non-existing tracks
* There will be few city-circuits
* Cockpit is the most important visual feature of the game
* Head-physics is the key difference point to other titles

Physic-wise, Need for Speed Shift starts to sound really promising. If done right, the 3 different physic models can really make the game enjoyable both for the usual Need for Speed crowd as well as simulation enthusiasts. The fact that the pro-mode requires a wheel should be seen as a good sign and physics guru Eero Piitulainen will hopefully not sell out his soul either.

The list suggest that most circuits in the game will indeed be real, contrary to what has been shown so far. Keep in mind though, this info is not confirmed by an official source. GTSurgeons have an impressive record in revealing new details about upcoming Gran Turismo titles though, so they most likely do have some good inside-contacts.

Developed by Slightly Mad Studios (former Blimey! Games) and distributed by EA, Need for Speed Shift is expected to be released in September 2009 for the PC and all major consoles. A demo of Shift has been announced to be available this summer.

Damn.. start to feel like that i should wait for it
Very nice, physics by someone who knows what he's doing
It doesn't really matter even if it is Kaemmer doing the physics, if the publisher is calling the shots

Maybe I just honestly want this game to suck just so that I can bash it later, but this info is a bit contradictory to all the previous info.
Quote from danowat :After seeing THIS, TBPH, I couldn't care less about the physics!!!!.

Just look at it, and one of my all time favourite cars to boot!!!

i agree 100%.
Yummy (Nissan GTR and Ford GT)
Attached images
249989905.jpg
250020336.jpg
Quote from Ovidiu23 :Yummy (Nissan GTR and Ford GT)

Is that Nissan modified, and further more, is that the amuse bodykit?!?!?:jawdrop:

Wow, this game looks to be awesome! Now who said NFS being developed by sim racing creaters was a bad idea?
hopefully we get stock production versions of the cars too. w/ out fancy paintjobs and sponsors
I suppose physics-wise it will be close to GRID, or a little bit better :/. Don't get overhyped, it's still EA!

The Need for Speed may actually become playable again!
(1125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG