The online racing simulator
Installing on a separate partition?
Suppose i have only the OS on one partition and everything else (programs/data) on a second partition. Will an operating system reinstall invalidate the unlocked LFS in the second partition?

thanks in advance
every new install (even just a different path) needs a new unlock.
I have a similar setup George and have done many reinstalls of OS without any change in Unlocked status.

SD.
#4 - joen
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :every new install (even just a different path) needs a new unlock.

Nonsense, you can move around LFS all you want, it will not require a new unlock.

Reinstalling your OS will not invalidate your LFS install. LFS doesn't even need to be on a seperate partition. Unless you're going to format the partition before reinstalling the OS ofcourse
we werent talking bout moving, we talked bout a new installation
#6 - joen
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :we werent talking bout moving, we talked bout a new installation

What do you mean by a new path then? I took it as a new path to LFS on your pc.

what's the difference anyway? LFS doesn't really need to be installed, you just....put it somewhere.
If you were talking about every new install of the OS you are wrong too. LFS doesn't use any registry entries or things like that which would make LFS require re-unlocking when reinstalling the OS.
i thought we were talking bout any format / reinstall of the 1 partition?!
maybe im wrong...
but however the unlock works,u cant just copy it and paste it on the other drive.
if that would be possible all the crackers wouldnt even need cracks.
anyhow it has a registry anywhere.
and btw, u have 3 unlocks per month, so u wont have problems (or did u use all 3 allready? :X).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG