here is another one from me, doing some 4wd GTR drifting. It is bit of a bull crap drifting coz u have to over-speed, over-turn at the entry and then full lock counter it and floor it...bit contradictory to RWD techniques. But it's all fun...for a while.
No offence, and I'm no expert on the matter, but before you take a screenie, you need to:
-Hit shift + f to get rid of all the crap on the screen. (as noob4ever hinted above). When the words "Stop Go Penalty" are dominating the screenshot, things are bad.
- Turn on shadows. That way the car doesn't look like it's floating.
-Choose a higher resolution for your skin. Things are less chunky this way.
These thngs make the sceenies so much less offensive to the eye.
Your last one looks like it was taken from a PSOne game, or a Game & Watch or something.
Anyway, happy drifting and here's to some better screenies!
alright then I will. Offensive? thats bit harsh to say, it is not porn or racial prejudice image or whatever...
OK u wanna talk about OSD features, lets talk. In my first pic, I thought it will prove it was my own image not flogged from somewhere on the net. (...or from some PS1 mag...) Also, i recon it gives u a background knowledge of that drifting moment, eg. what rev, speed, boost, turning angle the car was at, otherwise, I could have easily parked the car among the skid marks at the apex, turn the wheel to full opposite lock, turn off all OSD features and take a screenie for ya.... ("oh yeah, 90 degree drift angle, mad!!" someone may say since it LOOKS that way), and I recon that is bull crap. Real drift is real drift, not a fake pic. right?
I have all the game details switched on since day 1, with MAX res all the time on my Athlon64 3Ghz...need I elabrate more?
It was my own screen shot, no a PS1 mag etc. I dono what res u r looking at it in. Maybe u got the "resize image" feature for IE switched on since my pic is 1280X1024 at 32bits and it wont fit in ur IE window. Try to expand it first. The car is actually in the shadows of the trackside trees, so there will be no cast shadow visible in this case. You are just use to sunny/bright conditions, this one was "evening" setting.
Besides, it was just a "here u go, my drift pic, see it?....next!" that kind of picture, not a Davinci's 18th century masterpiece! Just for ppl to have some visual fun, thats all, I am not trying to win an oscar award.
Yeah, fair call there drift_apprentice, I've just a couple of things to add:
- You're right about the shadows in your second pic and you have my sincere apologies.
- If you were trying to make an informative pic rather than a nice lookin' one then fair enough, although your second pic gives no insight in to RPM, speed etc. All it told me is that you were speeding in the pits.
- My point about the resolution was in refrence to your skin not the resolution in game as a whole. I know that the shot was taken at 1280*1024, and I know how to expand pics in all kinds of browsers.
- You should check your AA settings, because looking at your first pic, there's no way it's all set to 'MAX'
- 'Offensive to the eye' is a common term for something that is not pleasant to look at. I didn't mean that I find you or your screenie offensive. Just my eyes did.
Anyways, as I said before, hapy drifting and good day to you.
In the second pic of mine i just did a quick one, didnt really mean to take off or add any OSD stuff. So there was no any intentions. Do u want me to do some screenies of my game detail levels and resolutions for u just to prove how I run my game? I dont think thats neccessary. I will leave this debate here. We are all here to drive, not to argue.