The online racing simulator
Tiny Test Patch V3 (NOT mods test)
(10 posts, closed, started )
Hello racers,

As the mods test is coming soon, I think a lot of old racers and new racers may need to install a new version of LFS, before installing the test patch.

But the current full version (0.6V) has one important bug, that we identified in this thread.

Short version: A lot of modern wheels and game controllers are reported through the drivers as "GAMEPAD". LFS previously automatically assigned "Look Heading" and "Look Pitch" in that case. But this was a problem on these modern game controllers, as these functions were really assigned to the wrong axes. The common symptom is that the view ends up looking left all the time.

In fact, you just have to unassign Look Heading and Look Pitch in the controller axes, but that isn't really obvious or easy to find if you aren't quite familiar with LFS controller setup.

I thought it would be good to upload a full version "V3" that doesn't have this issue. So I've made a new V3 LFS.exe which is almost the same as V but doesn't automatically assign those axes.

So it's not the most exciting test patch, but here is is, for anyone who does want to try it! Big grin

Download:
https://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_6V_TO_6V3.exe (1 MB)

Installation:
1) Move or save the patch into your main LFS folder
2) Double click the patch to extract it to that folder
3) When you see "Confirm File Replace" select "Yes to All"
4) Now you can start LFS in the normal way
can I tune the speed of mouse steer?
In French it's called an "emotional elevator", my heart is broken now ^^
Can we join in servers with this patch, since it is only an bug fix patch
Yes this test patch is fully compatible with version V.
thank you for everything
Probably not related to this patch, but didn't want to post in vehicle mods, as the test patch forum is gone now.

I am missing the questionmark in the server list, where one could see the connections, quali or race progress. It's sad it's now gone in W34.
Quote from Kid222 :I am missing the questionmark in the server list, where one could see the connections, quali or race progress. It's sad it's now gone in W34.

[*] RIP Meeting room (30 Oct 2003 - 6 Nov 2021) Frown
Quote from Kid222 :I am missing the questionmark in the server list, where one could see the connections, quali or race progress. It's sad it's now gone in W34.

I would love to have this back as well, altough it propably isn't much use, i usually like to stalk beforehand who is in the server before i join one Big grin
Thanks. I have noted that people would like some functionality from the old question mark system.

Anyway, I'll close this thread now as it is a bit off topic and was about a small but important bug fix update to the current official version.
This thread is closed

(10 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG