The online racing simulator
fast/furious vs. NFSU2
(49 posts, started )
fast/furious vs. NFSU2
Fast and the Furious against Need For Speed Underground 2(and others), which is more ricey, cheap, and fake?

Personally i think NFSU2 is alot worse. With the carbon fibre body kits, neon lights(in trunk and hoodillepall ), window tints, and tooo fast cars(my 350Z went 227 mphillepall ) it takes the title of being worse.
FnF has player death, so that wins realism for that.

NFS kicks it's ass for everything else
#3 - Jakg
theres an FnF game?
God I hope not. I was just talking like there was.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
NFS:MW has no low speed support either, the car floats above the ground until you're at around 20mph, and the cops suck at chasing you unless you max the car out. Get the stock Lexus, and you can out run the police easy, slap in every upgrade you can for preformance and they will stick to you better :/
omg i had NFSMW for that reason.. you can be in the lambo gallardo with awd and just sit and spin your wheels at the right level of gas.. it absolutely sucks when being chased by cops; keeping away from cops can be easy if you know the map though, the city is best, just go around the highway loop a few times, get off where the opera stand place is, and if you go left (whichever direction that is, when going from the stands through the stage place) and then you can loose them there and theres a hiding place right there so..

anyways, i cant wait for NFS:Carbon, its gonna be sweet..
sorry, but i love the new NFS games, they are fun.. games, i just wish that changing the muffler would change the external sound

plus, you have to hand it to EA and makers of latest NFS serie for their quality HDTV work on NFSMW, i just wish i had an HDTV to experience it lol (and an xbox 360)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Reminds me of the early NFS versions where you were easily 30 secs a lap faster than the AI, but only if you were behind them. As soon as you were infront, they drove much much faster, like 5 seconds behind you all the time. I suppose this was some kind of anti-frustration mode.

Oh yeah, played NFS:MMWMWaölskfj at a friend once and the first and most annoying thing I found was, that you ALWAYS had to do a burnout when taking off. I tried a slow tap-tap-tap start and that fricken car made a 50m burnout (which felt like you had the handbrake on).

illepall
oh yea, i got NFSMWWWMWW. I hate the burnout thing too, and the cops suck. Also, look at the body kits for the Ford GT, they look like ****. And my Ford GT can only hit 220mph(the 350Z is faster??). At least your car can get cracked glass and paint scrapes, in NFSU2(NFS:STFU) you could keep smashing the car and nothing happened.
its some bug i think

but the thing is though, if you can run nos while its sliding it grips (which is some ... strange feature) which that keeps you from sliding

it is kinda funny to sit at like 2 mph just sliding around like a hockey puck lol

as for the grip with nos thing, although its a really freaking strange feature lol, its hilarious if you can get a top heavy car, and go around a turn real fast and get it to slide, and then hit nos.. it rolls over

i will say there are some really fun things in the game, if you go out of the career mode into quickplay, and go into .. some like game things that you have to do stuff, i cant think of name right now, later on in final ones (like 90 levels i believe) you get to drive the cars that drive around on the streets.. and even a few cop cars; but the best... is a cement mixer, its awesome.. nothing less than awesome lol, it tips over on fast turns, it weighs like 5 billion tons, and when you hit the limiter.. it sounds like an old WWII plane lol

as for the body kits on the GT and the carrera gt.. .. i have one word..
yuck

you guys need to see my corvette C6 though, its.. awesome, it looks so sweet.. its a diehard muscle car on the outside (and inside, its got no tubro so.. it roars like a beast)
#10 - Jakg
i had NFS:U and what i used to hate was how bad it was compared to NFS:Porsche Unleashed
Quote from XCNuse :its got no tubro so.. it roars like a beast)

The turbos and supers are so wimpy sounding. So I stick NA, and if it comes with one of them I leave it stock and/or turn down the boost.
I can't believe you're having this discussion about these crappy bling bling games in here.
Whats wrong with bling bling arcade games? They're good fun when you can't be bothered with anything serious, as long as you don't try to take them for anything more than a game. And lets be honest, whats more fun when you've had a few drinks with a couple of mates, hotlapping LFS or racing NFSU on the big tv with the comfortable sofas?

Btw, I thought the FnF films weren't so good. Espically the 2nd one. I didn't like NFSU2 that much either, preferred the first one, took less time to jump into a race, or make a car look stupid.
I have fun with NFS:MW. Like Rtsbasic said, it's fun with a few friends about I love police chases. (Personal best chase is about 45 minutes. I forget the cost thing though..)

It'd be interesting to see a game with better physics with the same sort of full-city police chasing. (Not in LFS, though )
Someone bought me NFS:U and I've never played it
A girl I worked with brought it for me at xmas, and I've never even put it on the computer, ( as it was a gift, I cannot throw it away or return it and get a better title etc, I've seen it being played and its not crash hot, I think I care more about my computer and have respect for my wheel, pedals and sanity not to put sub standard muck on my system. IMHO

If I had never heard of LFS, never played LFS and was 30 years younger, sillier and just one of the mindless crowd out there then it may be a different thing.

But for now, I am happy with LFS as the only car racing thing on my computer and it will stay that way
ShannonN
Are you really going to lose something so important by giving it a go that you simply cannot? You got it for free, you can play it for free and you can completely remove it for free. :S Sounds like you have a prejudice on what fun is, lol, if I can actually say that. Try it with the keyb or a pad, it doesn't suit wheels at all IMO. It's not the end of the world even if it turned out to be a bit of fun for a couple of short moments. At least then you'll know first hand.

Personally I played NFSU & U2 through once and that was enough, and even then it they were a bit of a drag but nowhere near as anal as they are portrayed to be.
NFS: MW is quite fun. 100X better than the underground series. There is no harm in putting it on and having some good fun getting chased by cops.
The PC version seems to have a lot of bugs, one of which being it runs like crap with lowest graphics settings on a computer which should be able to run it. Of course, that is to be expected from a game produced by EA.

I have the PS2 version which doesn't have graphics as nice as the PC is supposed to have, but it is fun to throw it in my PS2 and hook up the DFP every once in a while.

ShannonN - If I were you I would not open it, and return it if you have the receipt. No point in letting it collect dust in your house... that's what store shelves are for! Just don't open it and try it if you know you will not like it because then you cannot return it. Of course, as you say, it is a gift. If you don't want to return it than there is no harm in installing it and seeing how it is.
I have the PC and PS2 version - mostly use the PS2 for convinence but the PC one does run better and look sharper. The PS2 version of NFSU2 feels pretty laggy.

ShannonN, thats pretty lame, like others have said, you stand to loose nothing except a bit of your time by installing it, and ultimately, it is a good bit of fun, 90% of the time I play it with a gamepad and not a wheel - bouncing off other cars and cutting people up very agressively doesn't feel right on a wheel
Quote from deggis :I can't believe you're having this discussion about these crappy bling bling games in here.

the point is to see which is worse.
Nfs pwns FnF in crapiness everytime
I watched the Nfs:Carbon trailer(sucks likie hell ) and saw a Camaro drifting sooo stupidillepall
I quite liked the two parts of the underground series, because you could have cars, that didn't have to look too stupid. For example you could use one of the "basic" bumper, which wasn't too noticable. in NFS:MW you can only use the whole bodykits, so i didn't mess around with it from the begining. another point which sucks about nfs is, ea always uses the same engine, but put in more effects and higher resolution textures and so on, which makes the game performe much worse than it could be. i hope they change it for carbon, maybe i would play it then.

back to topic: I prefer nfs (not mw, the underground series ), because it is slighly more realistic than FnF. I don't like FnF's 17-speed gearboxes, their gaspedals or their extra-long reverse gears
I think I've had all NFS's except for the first one, and american versions. I'm possitive I've owned every one since NFSIII. On computer and playstation. The reason why I really wanted to buy most wanted, was because it would go back to the roots of NFS. I didn't really like underground, because it was something completely different. I liked to drive around in a merc, just follow the road, in the older NFS's, but now like you guys said, you can't even start without a burnout.

I'll probably buy that new NFS carbon too, because I love the series, but I hope it keeps getting more and more back to how it started, I miss it, sometimes when I really feel like, I still play NFS:road challenge because I like it much more than most wanted.
I liked the old ones,and still do. What is more fun,then with NFS2 (or was it SE) in a McLaren at that winter track,jumping at the bridge over the track into eternity
The best NFS was Porsche 2000 (SWE/EU name), nice handling, upgradable parts, damage. After NFS6:HP2 the game went downhill fast. I hope Carbon isn't bad. However I think it is. Saw a screen of a Lambo and they managed to destroy it. But what do you expect from EA? Meh, will probably get Test Drive: Unlimited, lots of good cars, nice graphics, hopefully modable. What NFS shoud be. Not this ricing crap.

fast/furious vs. NFSU2
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG