Animating in Blender with LFS data
This isn't a request. It's more of a cool idea which I just thought I'd share and maybe someone will find it interesting enough to take it on.

The concept is a "Render my skin" on steroids where a LFS replay or live driving could be used to bake a blender animation with coordinates and rotations. I'm not sure how much data you have at your disposal with insim but at least you have access to a frame-by-frame location and rotation of the vehicles, right? (if you can access the steering angle and wheel rotation speeds (and suspension travel stuff) that would obviously help as well.)

Another interesting thing is that as far as I know both inSim and Blender share Python as their coding language, and they both encourage to use this coding aspect in as creative ways as possible.

So the idea boils down to a program which would update the position of Blender objects based on the positions of LFS cars (and maybe even autocross objects). Maybe it doesn't even have to be a program but can run entirely from Blender.

This could be used to render animations of LFS driving with elaborated scenery, models and effects.

Again I'm not asking anyone to do this, I'm merely sharing the idea so take what you want from it!
#2 - w126
RAF format is probably better for this. It has 100 steps per second, suspension travel, wheel rotation speeds, steering angle etc.
Quote from w126 :RAF format is probably better for this. It has 100 steps per second, suspension travel, wheel rotation speeds, steering angle etc.

Ah yes, good point. I just looked over the outsim variables and they seem quite limited. RAF files are definitely what ya want here
Quote from pärtan :This isn't a request. It's more of a cool idea which I just thought I'd share...

Hello, not sure if it's still actual for you, but I made tool that imports LYT file into Blender, so at least you will have positions of autocross objects :-)

LFS-Layout-Editor-Blender-Tool
Quote from Vritrasura :Hello, not sure if it's still actual for you, but I made tool that imports LYT...

Ah yes, I think we spoke already in AHPP Big grin I've managed to make this idea happen already but for BeamNG instead of LFS.

Thanks Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG