The online racing simulator
Quick question about G25/G27 clamps
I own a G25 wheel and after years of usage it's shifter has started to show some wear. Potentiometers don't work properly and this results with the correct gears not staying on.

My friend has a spare G27 and I'm about to buy it from him for a cheap price. Only problem is that one of the G27's mounting clamps have broken.
I'm assuming the clamps are same between G25 and G27? So I could just swap one out of my current G25 for the G27.

If anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate a quick reply, thanks.
Are you aware that you need to rewire the shifter conector to allow it to work on a G25? (not that it is that hard though)

I guess they are the same, as the wheel clamps of the Momo and the G25 were the same hehe
If I ever need to replace just the shifter, yes, I'm aware of the rewire. Or possibly use the Leo Bodnar thingy what converts shifter to it's own device.

I'm planning on just using the G27 as a whole, so it's not a problem right now.
That's why I'm asking if the G25 clamps would fit to the G27, because the G27 I'm buying tomorrow has one of them broken off.

I just opened the G25 shifter and tinkered with it a bit. Seems like I was able to get it working better now, only the damn reverse gear won't pop in.

Anyway I'm going to buy the G27 and then decide which wheel will sit and wait as a backup.
I'm going to answer my question here, in case anyone else is wondering. Yes, G25 clamps are the same than G27 ones.

BTW after one hour of usage the G25 shifter started acting up again, so I decided to give up on trying to fix it so now I'm a G27 user. I have to say the G27 actually feels a lot better after the initial "weirdness". Only downside is the lack of sequantial mode for the shifter and the less attractive looking wheel.
The pedals are interchangeable btw, not that it should matter. But might be a good idea to mod your g25 pedals and get the pots working. Then you can have some fun with them.
Sorry I don't quite follow, what you mean by modding G25 pedals and get pots working? I don't have problems with my pedals at all.
When you talked about potentiometers I thought you meant the pedals, sorry.
Ah ok no problem. In case you are still wondering about it, the way G25/G27 shifter works, it's like a joystick converted in to shifter. It has two potentiometers inside, so the position of the shifter is actually converted in to a corresponding "button".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG