The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you use a favourite hosts list?

Definately! Please add one!
Probably sometimes/Don't mind either way
Bad idea
[merged] Favorite servers list
would be alot easier to find a favorite server than search through the list
Quote from Vendetta :would be alot easier to find a favorite server than search through the list

Great idea!!! I was just thinking about one too!
BUMP +1 !!

Just thought of this and thought nobody posted it yet. Because I do not understand how a multiplayer game like LFS wouldn't have such a popular feature :o

Searched and this was the first thread I could find, that got hardly any attention at all!!!

So +1 to this because I have a few servers that I'd like to have put in a favorites list of mine so I can just look at those. This would make finding your favorite server much easier when people are playing in it AND when it is empty (incase you want to join it).... all instead of having to load a big list when people are playing at peak hours. EDIT: Also good for League servers, so you can quickly find the right server to join... etc etc. It has many benefits.

I really want this And Maybe like where the button is for the Meeting Room, you could click on a Favorites button too. I'm not sure how you would go about adding/deleting the favorites, but I am sure it is all possible
browse for speed keeps your favorite hosts
Having a 'Favorite Servers List)
For example.. wouldn't it be nice to have a list of your favorite servers.. or particularly.. a server list in LFS where you can add the servers that you most commonly race on there for fast acces?

This way.. we don't have to wait for a 500+/- servers to list and we caould also get faster info on how many cars are on a particular server in our list!
Check the suggested improvments log and search before posting in improvement suggestions.
Quote from duke_toaster :Check the suggested improvments log and search before posting in improvement suggestions.

It's the friendliness of this forum that keeps me coming back time and time again.

lol

actually if you just turn off empty and full servers, and then choose the cars you want to see it splits it up so only a few servers are visible
#9 - Bean0
I use Browse For Speed, which has the facility to have a favourites list.
You can choose to auto-refresh on startup too.

Search and you shall find
Quote from Bean0 :I use Browse For Speed, which has the facility to have a favourites list.
You can choose to auto-refresh on startup too.

Search and you shall find

That's more like it. I'll give that a go myself. Thanks for pointing it out.
Favourite Hosts List
I think there should be a favourite hosts list somewhere, it would definately be apreciated by many users.

When you click Multiplayer, you would be shown:
[Display List of hosts]
[Display Favourite Hosts]
[Join Specific Host]
etc...

To add a host to your favourites, there should be an "Add to Favourites" button once you've selected a host from the list.

Your favourites list would look pretty much the same as the normal hosts list, showing which are online and the track and cars like usual.

So, good idea? I'd definately use it.
Has been suggested a few times before, but yes.
I'd use it definately.

Another good part of this feature would be to also be able to store passwords. Especially if you have an admin pw to a specific server that you join regularly.

I know this was put up last year but I was just thinking about it and instead of making a new thread I thought I'd do a search first.
Yes, and I suggested it myself also last year if I remember right...
very nice idea, especially as i have a couple of favourite cruise servers, and race servers, so instead of changing the settings and refreshing the list each time i want to change servers.... so, yeah, fantastic idea!

+1
Repost but a good idea.
In principle, +1

The only drawback I can see is that it'd make it difficult for new servers to attract new drivers if people just used their favourites list all the time.
#19 - RS1T
Sorry for the bump, this is a great idea and i think the devs should consider putting it in
Yes, i would use it! +1
i would definetly use it.
hi
Yes i was going to write up a new topic but saw this one.
I agree a favorite server list would be a good add on to lfs it would sure make it allot easier instead of searching and having to wait and find the server your looking for.
+1 good idea.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG