The online racing simulator
Pentium 3 866mhz overclocking?
(12 posts, started )
Hey, no don't worry my PC is not currently a pentium 3 866...it's my i5 still running, however, I'm planning to run my old Windows 2k pro pentium 3 866 (socket 370) with 1gb ram and a nvidea 256mb as a music server but I have no idea how to overclock it, can someone run through how to overclock from bios?
Why you'd want to?
Also,
>windows 2k
>music server
>2012
implied facepalm
Every BIOS is different, you'd better check the motherboard's manual - it's usually possible to google those - some BIOSes don't offer any OC'ing options at all.
More to the point, why do you want to OC it? I used to run W2K on a 1 GHz Coppermine and although the user experience wasn't that of a blazingly snappy system, I used it as a IM chatter, music player and web browser quite happily. That CPU and MB is going to be pretty worn out anyway so the chances you'll be able to get it running reasonably faster are kinda slim anyway. 833 P3 should handle the music server workload just fine if you strip it off any unnecessary services.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Why you'd want to?
Also,
>windows 2k
>music server
>2012
implied facepalm

well, just to cheer you up, as I was testing it from a repair, must have caught the power input switch on the PSU cause it was on 120v not 240v...big white flash and a crappy smell later, I can't be bothered to spent £40 on a new PSU.
I think you can overclock it to 3.8 GHz quadcore cpu.
Put some cores to the cpu and it might be fine Ask CoRe racing about the prices.
Would be way easier to just download more RAM.
Alternatively, you can buy a proper soundcard to use with your headphones instead of using Realtek onboard - by doing this, a brand new HP ProLiant server will appear in your room.
You don't have to take the mic yano. I know it sucks but atleast it's dead now.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Would be way easier to just download more RAM.
Alternatively, you can buy a proper soundcard to use with your headphones instead of using Realtek onboard - by doing this, a brand new HP ProLiant server will appear in your room.

It works!
Quote from Bose321 :Shit, I believe it's RAM from Google.

yeh-if that's true...infinite downloads=infinite ram from two 4gb ddr3 204pin slots :'D

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG