The online racing simulator
Name this Sci-Fi TV Show...
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Really odd one here...

Ages ago (probably 5 years ago), there was a TV show on the Sci-Fi channel.

It was a UK-based show, and in the particular episode I was watching, a small village (near the coast...?) had been taken enswamped by some sort of unknown alien life form (it looked like a giant organic blob, which eventually became miles wide).

The military moved in to try to remove it, but failed, culminating in them using nuclear weapons on it.

Now looking at the tech used on the show (basic laptops), it would of been somewhere between 1995 - 2005.

I also thought that Leslie Grantham was in it (but I could be wrong...), and the only thing that looks likely from him is "The Uninvited"... but the description doesn't really ring a bell!

Now I have absolutely NO idea what it was called.

A virtual pint will be awarded to anyone who can work out WTF it was...
sex and the city?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obm1Tn1-DUY - Skip to about 20 seconds. That is The Uninvited.

Also, on the same subject, I recall watching something some years ago started with a bunch of people on a train which derails in a tunnel and the case a guy was carrying got dropped releasing some sort of agent which froze them all, when they emerged it was some post apocalypse waste land and had to start searching for food shelter, I remember one scene where a pregnant woman stabs herself in the gut to kill the child and some little kid who they stumbled upon touched her and brought the now dead unborn back to life.

I don't remember much as I was only a young'en but from what I do recall it was quite good.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obm1Tn1-DUY - Skip to about 20 seconds. That is The Uninvited.

Also, on the same subject, I recall watching something some years ago started with a bunch of people on a train which derails in a tunnel and the case a guy was carrying got dropped releasing some sort of agent which froze them all, when they emerged it was some post apocalypse waste land and had to start searching for food shelter, I remember one scene where a pregnant woman stabs herself in the gut to kill the child and some little kid who they stumbled upon touched her and brought the now dead unborn back to life.

I don't remember much as I was only a young'en but from what I do recall it was quite good.

I remember this, but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was on ITV around 10 years ago.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Also, on the same subject, I recall watching something some years ago started with a bunch of people on a train which derails in a tunnel and the case a guy was carrying got dropped releasing some sort of agent which froze them all, when they emerged it was some post apocalypse waste land and had to start searching for food shelter, I remember one scene where a pregnant woman stabs herself in the gut to kill the child and some little kid who they stumbled upon touched her and brought the now dead unborn back to life.

oh FFS I remember that to... now I want to know what it is as well

Didn't they think they were the last humans alive, but weren't? I seem to remember they found a van (Blue Sprinter, the things I remember...), and drove to some sort Sanctuary...

Wasn't this guy in it?
#7 - Jakg
That is the one. Looks like it'll be unlikely for me to watch it again given the lack of DVD :/

The great thing about basing it in Sheffield is you wouldn't need to bring in any props to make it look like a post apocalyptic wasteland.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :That is the one. Looks like it'll be unlikely for me to watch it again given the lack of DVD :/

The great thing about basing it in Sheffield is you wouldn't need to bring in any props to make it look like a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Applies to most of England then.
Quote from 91mason91 :Applies to most of England then.

Indeed, they tried it in Scotland, but test audiences found it was over the top and no meteor impact would do that much damage.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG