The online racing simulator
DFP adapter
(4 posts, started )
#1 - MazRO
DFP adapter
Hey everyone, just logged into an old account to ask a question. My friend gave me his DFP but he doesn't have the adapter for it. If i use a lower voltage adapter (ie something like 14v instead of 24) will it damage it or just be abit weaker than usual? I can't get an adapter for a while because I'm pretty poor so I'd really like to use it until then. I've read you can use it without the adapter at the cost of no force feedback but I couldn't get this to work, or is that only on certain wheels? Thanks.
I heard of people using 19V adapters and they said that the wheel had less force. I don't know how much, but I wouldn't go to any less that 19V
#3 - MazRO
Quote from Whiskey :I heard of people using 19V adapters and they said that the wheel had less force. I don't know how much, but I wouldn't go to any less that 19V

Yeah I'd be worried about breaking it, but it would be worth a go even if I get weak force. I'll wait and see if anyone who knows for sure responds, thanks Smile

*EDIT* Never mind, none of the adaptors I've got worked :P
My freind had an old DFP without the PSU.
We strapped together 2 12v 1.5A PSUs in series to give a 24v PSU capable of powering the DFP.

Glad I horde things like PSU's as it wasn't looking good trying to find a new PSU anywhere...
Well unless we wanted to pay stupid money.

DFP adapter
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG