which one would you ban?
(49 posts, started )
which one would you ban?
370z made a perfectly decent move down the inside and would of easily made the corner. Corsa driver obviously not very sportsman like racing as the 370z clearly had the line and turned in on the BACK end of the z which rules out the theory of "didnt see him". Anyway this should really be moved to the off topic section, not related to LFS at all.
Not even watched it, but I'd ban the Corsa simply for being a Corsa.
oops wrong section sorry
#5 - hp999
I think it was the Corsa's fault.

I watched the video a few days ago. The 370Z had the perfect line and it was going to brake itself out, but the Corsa driver could've braked a bit earlier... not really hard to see if a car is going to break out or not.

My two cents.
Quote from hp999 :I think it was the Corsa's fault.

I watched the video a few days ago. The 370Z had the perfect line and it was going to brake itself out, but the Corsa driver could've braked a bit earlier... not really hard to see if a car is going to break out or not.

My two cents.

dont think the corsa braked looking at it again.........

........ nope he did, once he stopped.
Clearly Corsa's fault.
After watching the video and what the driver has to say i would say it was the person driving the 370z who went for the pass and brake way to late, from the video it does look like the corsa went to take him out but it just the view that makes it misleading.
Quote from rc10racer :from the video it does look like the corsa went to take him out but it just the view that makes it misleading.

The 350z might be late on the brakes, but that would have took him out on his own.

The corsa though, goes for the kill obviously.
While the 350z drives absolutely straight along the very right side, the corsa definitely makes a sharp turn into the back of the Nissan.
Corsa driver has no right to be angry at the 370z driver. He is clearly a fatass in a small car which caused a balance fail on the car.
From the trackside cameras it looks like it's clearly the Corsa's fault for turning in across the rear of the 370Z. However, from the 370Z's onboard it's clear the driver outbraked himself and wasn't going to make the corner. The Corsa was holding a defensive line (last corner of last lap), but ultimately it was the 370Z driver over-committing himself under brakes that caused the crash. The Corsa driver could have waited longer to turn in, but given the 370Z's speed it was possible/probable that the Corsa would not have been able to turn in before they were both taken off track.

370Z driver's fault. The driver interviews go a long way to explaining the situation.
The Corsa..

It's clearly a demo car, driven by a demo racer.
Quote from amp88 :
370Z driver's fault.

For what exactly? ...making contact and the accident?

All he did was brake too late, but the one who made the actuall accident is clearly the Corsa!

Where is your continuity, amp? Could it be you're a hypocrite?
The corsa is a bastard...he clearly crashed the 350z so i would ban the corsa
Quote from JazzOn :For what exactly? ...making contact and the accident?

All he did was brake too late, but the one who made the actuall accident is clearly the Corsa!

If you actually know the Castle Combe circuit you know that that part of the track is quite narrow and the corner is deceptively tighter than it appears. I acknowledged that the Corsa driver could have waited longer to turn in (hoping that the 370Z would have been out of the way by then), but I'm not sure if there would have been enough time). That is, by the time the Corsa had an unobstructed turn-in to the corner it would have been too late and he would not have made the corner. Even if the Corsa driver had waited to turn in and had been clear that would still have been caused by the actions of the 370Z driver. Hence it's the 370Z driver's fault.

Quote from JazzOn :Where is your continuity, amp? Could it be you're a hypocrite?

?
Quote from amp88 :If you actually know the Castle Combe circuit you know that that part of the track is quite narrow and the corner is deceptively tighter than it appears. I acknowledged that the Corsa driver could have waited longer to turn in (hoping that the 370Z would have been out of the way by then), but I'm not sure if there would have been enough time). That is, by the time the Corsa had an unobstructed turn-in to the corner it would have been too late and he would not have made the corner. Even if the Corsa driver had waited to turn in and had been clear that would still have been caused by the actions of the 370Z driver. Hence it's the 370Z driver's fault.

?

well yes that corner is know for the above.... but look at where the corsa driver starts to "turn in"

note to everybody.... have you watched the whole vid....... the nissan gives him a little tap from behind early in the race....... i think the corsa driver was pi$$ed because he knew he was faster but had a slower car....
Quote from cargame.nl :The Corsa..

It's clearly a demo car, driven by a demo racer.

Are we saying a 350Z is closer to a FZ50 and we should always give room to S2? =P

It was the XFG's fault.

And why is everyone on amp88's ass? Like seriously I view so many threads with everyone jumping ship on the poor fellow.
i'm not on his ass
Weird incident. I'd say both are at fault: the 370Z for outbraking itself while it wasn't gonna make the corner at that speed, and the Corsa aswell for clipping the back of the 370Z.

Hard to judge on that one though since the external camera is misleading indeed. I thought that the Corsa was at fault at first, but I came to my final decision after viewing the 370Z onborad cam.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Weird incident. I'd say both are at fault: the 370Z for outbraking itself while it wasn't gonna make the corner at that speed, and the Corsa aswell for clipping the back of the 370Z.

Hard to judge on that one though since the external camera is misleading indeed. I thought that the Corsa was at fault at first, but I came to my final decision after viewing the 370Z onborad cam.

yes but you can clearly see the weight shift on the corsa, he meant to hit that Z, it was a full blown schumacher move. imo
Quote from amp88 :Even if the Corsa driver had waited to turn in and had been clear that would still have been caused by the actions of the 370Z driver. Hence it's the 370Z driver's fault.

I have an idea of how wide the track is and that it is indeed not very wide for the speed it can be driven, but all the actions the Z would have caused is forcing the Corsa to let off the throttle for a sec; no harm by doing that. E: (It's racing - not hotlapping.)

Quote from amp88 :?

That was me thinking of our conversation on the msc/massa incident, if you remember. You've blamed MSC for being extremely dangerous, while in this case you defend the blatant actions of the Corsa driver.
I am aware that it's not the same situation completely, but in regards of the intentions of said drivers, i can't see your continuity.
Sorry but why are we discussing this? If there was an issue, they'd both be up in the naughty boys' room and then off to the Stewards; obviously the CotC/Stewards didn't feel the need for any penalties (including the good old C.1.1.5. "Driving in a manner incompatible with general safety, and/or departing from the standard of a reasonably competent driver.") so the matter seems to be closed...
I say both

which one would you ban?
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG